X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Localizer
    Platinum Poster
    • Jul 2004

Re: Man U sold to an American!

the fans are the ones that will run the club into the ground, not the tycoon. If it's a Russian, than it's ok, but if it's an American, it's not....but wait, don't Russians love hockey? so then wtf....The fans need to stop thinking that they're sport is being contaminated by American scum and look towards the future in how the tycoon could actually help. With each club competing to pay for the best players, they need someone to fuck them in the ass first to get hot and fresh players.
    Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
    -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Steve Graham
      DJ Jelly
      • Jun 2004

^^ I agree mate. I think they are pissed that someone with no real interest in or attachment to the sport is buying it just for $$$, and trying to use future earnings of the club to finance his purchase. But as much as people were pissed about Roman buying Chelski, look at where they are now.
      Give it a couple of years, and no one will care.

But also, look at how he is running the Bucs.. he begged the community to help pay for a stadium or her would have to move the team, but he had enough $$ to do it him self.
      When they won the Super Bowl, this idiot belted out, the Tampa Bucaneers are champions.. it is the Tampa BAY Bucs you tosser. lol

Then when he is supposed to bidding for "his" stadium to host the Super bowl, he is no where to be found, most likely was out trying to buy Man U at the time.

so there are more variables than the fact he is a Yank buying the club. but at the end of the day, if his money brings more silver ware to Old Trafford, I dont think any one will care who bought the club.

Comment

• 13kickdrums
        Getting Somewhere
        • May 2005

my favorite team is the san diego chargers...though i dont live in california. has been since i was 6.

theyre owned by the biggest contributor to the republican party west of the mississippi, the spanos'. i cant stand bush or anything the republican party stands for. theyre ruining this country and ruining all foreign realtions.

its a major fly in the ointment for me but i dont stop being a massive Chargers fan because of it.....

Comment

• thesightless
          Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
          • Jun 2004

as long as they stay the hell outta manhatten i couldnt care less.
          your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
          download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• wonk
            Getting Somewhere
            • Oct 2004

***For all Man U fans out there***

To make you feel better.....a message from your new messiah

extract from Glazer's welcome letter to the man united fans:

Dear Soccer fans,

As you all know, i've been looking to buy the United's of Manchester for a
            little while now. I've also heard that some of you may not be too happy
            about me using, sorry, buying the club in order to reach new heights and
            also, that I may not be a fan. Well fear not, as i'm writing this personal
            letter to let you know that i'm a genuine fan of you blue devils.

I began rooting for the United's back in 1992 when our little Malcolm JR
            was practising those Soccer home runs out in the yard. I loved the way you
            turned defence into offence, and the way that Bobby Shearer used to top
            half it into the goal bag. Oh man, that play was hot. My
            son tells me that you even out-zoned your City rivals Southampton in the
            4th quarter of the FA World series. As for your current team, that Rude
            guy is awesome!!!! I see a profitable future at the United, with the young
            talent of Cristiano Rooney (man, that guy can dance!) and Peter Shilton
            giving us hope in defeating the evil Russian tyranny which assaults the
            freedom of our beloved Soccer. With the marketing potential of those
            Neville brothers and that Pearce dude leading the
            team, we can all look to acheiving our beliefs of a better future.
            Especially when I add Alexei Lalas and Cobi Jones to the starting 15.

Now to you, the fans.

I've been to see the United's play once before, and the respect you pay
            your team in silently admiring the play out on the pitch was overwhelming.
            Because of this, i've just purchased a new GBP45 million mansion in the
            Manchester to be close to you guys. And more good news is i'm planning to
            add an extra 10,000 seats through corporate boxes so more genuine blue
            devils can experience the play. What's with the prawn sandwiches I had to
            eat when I was there? Well, rest assured, it'll be super size prawn
            baguettes when I take charge. I can't wait to come over to the Manchester
            isles, as I love the country, especially the beaches and the hot chicks. I
            hope you can all see my
            vision of this future, with new shirt sponsors (Dunkin Donuts) and new
            team name (The Manchester Gloom) i'm sure things are looking bright.

*Further good news for you guys is that i've just agreed a partnership
            deal with McDonalds, who will help in promoting the Manchester brand.This
            will involve re-naming the stadium to 'McTrafford' as well as an
            exciting launch of Manchester Gloom plastic fan toys in every happy meal.
            Cristiano Rooney will be the face of this campaign and during this, he
            will be marketed globally as Roonald McDonald.

Take care dudes.
            Regards

Malcolm

Comment

• rubyraks
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

That's some funny stuff there. I especially laughed my ass off at this part...
              Originally posted by wonk
              *Further good news for you guys is that i've just agreed a partnership
              deal with McDonalds, who will help in promoting the Manchester brand.This
              will involve re-naming the stadium to 'McTrafford' as well as an
              exciting launch of Manchester Gloom plastic fan toys in every happy meal.
              Cristiano Rooney will be the face of this campaign and during this, he
              will be marketed globally as Roonald McDonald.
              "Work like you don't need the money.
              Love like you've never been hurt.
              Dance like nobody's watching.
              Sing like nobody's listening.
              Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• simonr
                Transitionator
                • Jun 2004

Apparently the daily interest payments on the ?250-300m of debt that Glazer is placing Manc U in is ?127,000 a day .... ouch !
                sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Mariusz
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jul 2004

It's sad day for Football, lookout everyone.

Comment

Working...