• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AchtungBaby!
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Feb 2009

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

Originally posted by Steve Graham
    at this point there is no guarantee Spain even get out of the group.. 8% of the countries that lose their first match make it to the knock out stage
    Still think Spain can even win the group... If they win the next two games, which is perfectly possible, they will become favs again... Basically everything can happen now

Spain played well... With a better luck they could easily win this match...

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• Kinetic
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by AchtungBaby!
      Still think Spain can even win the group... If they win the next two games, which is perfectly possible, they will become favs again... Basically everything can happen now

But the point here is that Spainīs group crosses with the Brasil/portugal/Ivory Coast in the next round... assuming Brazil will win itīs group, which is very likely, it will play against this groupīs 2nd placed, and after this defeat, that could well be Spain...
      "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
      http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Feb 2009

Yeah... thats why i said a few posts ago that this result is pretty terrible for Spain

You dont want to play against Brazil on a World Cup !

Comment

• MJ
          Here since 2002
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kinetic
          That was an Inter Milan-like display by the swiss, brilliant discipline and defending.
          The champions league semi final? Yeah, that is exactly what is was like.
          mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
            Anyone have Styx livesets?
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by bobjuice
            The England players visited an orphanage in South Africa this morning.” Its so good to put a smile on the faces of people constantly struggling and facing the impossible“ said Bongani Umboto aged 6
            i actuallu laughed at this!
            ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Kinetic
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by MJ
              The champions league semi final? Yeah, that is exactly what is was like.
              Yep, thatīs what i meant.
              "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
              http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• TomTom
                Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                • May 2002

^^ and this way of playing may be successful but it is far from beeing attractive to watch. I rather see our team storming 90 minutes and loosing instead of this defending the penalty area with 10 people crap. Congrats to Switzerland nevertheless!

So we have the biggest surprise of the tournament so far. I have only seen the last 10 minutes sadly so I can't tell much about the Game. I always stick with the Underdogs tho, of course only as long as Germany isn't involved lol.

BTW, my boss is a hardcore football fan too which is great in such times. Today he told us that we will skip our weekly meeting on Friday which normally goes 1,5 - 2 hours and watch the 2nd Germany Game in a pub nearbye instead and claim that as our meeting. I was already wondering how much I will get done sitting on my desk always looking at the live feed or ticker. Good decision imo!

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                  • Jun 2004

....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• bobjuice
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

Comment

• Miguel
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Oct 2005

interesting set up for 2nd matches

Comment

• Adzey
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
                        repost city from the haggis

enjoying the world cup champ?

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

• Steve Graham
                          DJ Jelly
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by AchtungBaby!

with better luck? easily win? lmao.. that just makes no sense, Spain are the reigning Eurpoean champs, and the number 2 country in the world (supposedly) it shouldn't take luck for them to win against a country they've never lost too, lol

it's possible for them to win the group, but not probable, Spain really need sort themselves out, they HAVE to win both matches which leaves them vulnerable

The Swiss imo fully deserved to win that match, and Spain probably deserved a draw.. but again knocking the ball about and controlling the mid field is great, if you score.. ask Bayern Munchen.. you guys are talking like the Swiss sat back with 10 men behind the ball, they were much more positive than that and had great goaltending and yes a bit of luck, but they also could have ahd 2 more themselves

The only thing is now how does each team respond? luckily for Spain they have Honduras next or else I believe they'd be in big trouble, even still, they don't control their destiny by any means, even if they win both matches that only leaves them at 6 points

Comment

• Mr.Big
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Nov 2004

Fuck it anyway, Don't got much love for the Swiss and the goal was scrappy in fairness, a win is a win though. On to the next game for Spain..
                            www.twitter.com/mikeoreilly
                            Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Steve Graham
                              with better luck? easily win? lmao.. that just makes no sense, Spain are the reigning Eurpoean champs, and the number 2 country in the world (supposedly) it shouldn't take luck for them to win against a country they've never lost too, lol

it's possible for them to win the group, but not probable, Spain really need sort themselves out, they HAVE to win both matches which leaves them vulnerable

The Swiss imo fully deserved to win that match, and Spain probably deserved a draw.. but again knocking the ball about and controlling the mid field is great, if you score.. ask Bayern Munchen.. you guys are talking like the Swiss sat back with 10 men behind the ball, they were much more positive than that and had great goaltending and yes a bit of luck, but they also could have ahd 2 more themselves
                              From ESPN site ... "Spain completed more passes (574) and created the second-most chances (1 of any team thus far in the tournament"... with 18 chances dont you think they have been able to win the match? Anyway, soccer is about goals, no chances... thats why Switzerland is a "fair" winner of the match...

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Adzey
                                repost city from the haggis

enjoying the world cup champ?
                                treepost - oops sorry;

I'm enjoying it immensely. Much easier when you don't have your own team to root for ! (aka the past 12 years years!)

Comment

Working...