Banned
    • May 2008

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

Comment

• Steve Graham
      DJ Jelly
      • Jun 2004

woohoo!!! 24 hours(ish) till kick off!!!
      I'm off tomorrow, can't wait!

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Feb 2009

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• bobjuice
          Banned
          • May 2008

Why the fuck do they experiment with a totally new ball design during the biggest tournament there is? Fucking daft imo.

They do it every time. Keepers are grumbling about it, players are too. Even some refs are saying they've been surprised at the ball's flight and say it's gonna take some getting used to.
          I'm not saying never design new balls - i'm just saying don't bring them in untried for the World Cup.

The guy who designed them says there isn't a problem (er.. he would eh?) although at altitude there may be. Did someone not think to tell this cock that some of this world cup is to be played at altitude?

Why not just make a ball out of chocolate and say "it'll be fine as long as you don't play anywhere hot"?

Why the obsession to make a perfectly smooth, round ball?

Is it not the resistance of the surface that make a football what it is and govern it's flight?

Comment

• bobjuice
            Banned
            • May 2008

Very sad for Rio Ferdinand. There's no good time to get injured but that's the worst i guess. Sure he's gutted to be missing out and it's not great news for the team either (when you consider his replacement can barely run).

I'm sure i wasn't the only one who had to hold in a giggle when it came to light the injury happened when Heskey fell over and landed on him

Comment

• Steve Graham
              DJ Jelly
              • Jun 2004

to be fair the balls were handed out to different federations months aso to test out and get used to, it's not FIFA or Adidas's fault if no one took the time to get used to them. I just spoke to my mate that runs a supply store and said the team his son plays for has a few of the balls and he LOVES it.. yeah the movement takes getting used to, but whatever. And yes they have done this before and yes the same complaints have been voiced and yet the tournament goes on with little or no incidents.

I'm glad for one thing at least they changed or altered the penalty kick law where you can't run up and stop to make the keeper lean, you can stutter, which i still don't agree with, but stopping to make the goalie go one way is just wrong.

AS far as Rio, yeah it's a bad loss, but he only started 12 matches for Man U, he's has a rough season injury wise... I'd rather lose him that say Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney or Terry.. just hope King can stay healthy, along with Barry (when he finally gets fit to play)
              We'll deffo miss Rio's height in the box, but Terry is the man back there for England

didn't think it was funny about Heskey, and tbh I'm glad he is on the squad. Yeah he is far from a prolific goal scorer, but he does that dirty work as a holding role or getting possession in the box
              of course, I'm sure he won't be in the first XI

Comment

• bobjuice
                Banned
                • May 2008

Don't get me wrong Steve, i'd have Heskey in my squad all day long, and I think he may well be in the first XI. By all accounts he's Rooney's favourite partner up there too.

I rate him highly as i've said here before. For all the stick he's had over the years for not staying on his feet though (i'm going back to when he was 16) i've mostly stuck up for him. I just don't think i'll be able to any more though now he's gone and fell over on our captain the week before the big one......

Like i said i'm sad for Rio, he doesn't deserve that at all. And he was looking the solid one as well after Terry's recent wobbles.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                  DJ Jelly
                  • Jun 2004

I understand, I'm with you, I get annoyed when people give Heskey a hard time, he's all heart

no Rio doesn't deserve that, but as I said he's had little injuries all season, and a back problem for a while too, who knows how long he would have lasted.. anyway, let's go, I'm ready for kick off!

Comment

• Adzey
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Mar 2008

there is no way king will play everygame so they will alternate between him and dawson carragher should be kept well away after the season he has had

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

• bobjuice
                      Banned
                      • May 2008

I'm sure you're right there Adz. He's gotta be the only player at the tournament with dodgier knees than me!!

Comment

• bobjuice
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

"Let there really be fair play, let the referees understand what the words fair play mean," Argentina's coach, told a news conference.

Hohoho

Comment

• Mr.Big
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Nov 2004

Right so the world cup has kicked off. Mexico are looking good right now, nearly scored in the first two minutes aswell.

My money is on Spain to win! I hope France go out early, booooo cheatin Henry! Would have been class if we were there.

Dunno if this will work outside Europe but this stream has nice quality to it, no commentary though.

Either that or try Justin.tv for some links.
                          www.twitter.com/mikeoreilly
                          Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• TomTom
                            Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                            • May 2002

Work is over, beer is in the Fridge and TV is on. Let the Games begin.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                              DJ Jelly
                              • Jun 2004

wow, Mexico were robbed, but that RSA goal was a thing of beauty.. 1-1 was a fair result I think

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                                I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                                • Mar 2008

(((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

Working...