Liverpool - English Premier League - 17 games to go...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Graham
    DJ Jelly
    • Jun 2004

Re: Liverpool - English Premier League - 17 games to go...

^^^ yes

63% possession
    13 shots, ZERO on goal.. come on, that's ridiculous, and yes, embarrassing
    trust me mate, it's a lot more interesting when Liverpool is in the hunt with the big 3.. yes big 3, there deffo is not a big 4 at the moment

Comment

• Steve Graham
      DJ Jelly
      • Jun 2004

wow, and it gets worse

I think Liverpool need to sell Gerrard to Man U.. unless they are big players in the transfer window you'll be seeing the same thing next year, except I really don't see them even in the Europa league.

I still am nervous about Mach 21st though, just glad it's at OT

Comment

• Weizy
        MCast Resident DJ
        • Jun 2004

Gerrard to Man U?!? C'mon Steve, that's not going to happen...EVER. I think Gerrard has every intention of finishing his career at Merseyside.

Yeah March 21st is gonna be great. I can't wait for it!

Btw your club absolutely destroyed AC Milan this week. That was a very impressive match. I have to admit I am jealous. I am of the belief that not only will Man U win the Premiership this year, but they are also going to win Champions League as well.

Comment

• Steve Graham
          DJ Jelly
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Weizy
          Gerrard to Man U?!? C'mon Steve, that's not going to happen...EVER. I think Gerrard has every intention of finishing his career at Merseyside.

Yeah March 21st is gonna be great. I can't wait for it!

Btw your club absolutely destroyed AC Milan this week. That was a very impressive match. I have to admit I am jealous. I am of the belief that not only will Man U win the Premiership this year, but they are also going to win Champions League as well.
          well, unless they get some quality players around him, I can easily see his lotality take a nose dive

March 21st, what a beautiful way to celebrate spring equinox by giving liverpool a good hiding lol

Comment

• Weizy
            MCast Resident DJ
            • Jun 2004

If you need quick access to an ironicly-placed rimshot sound to mock your friends, or a genuinely-placed rimshot to put your great joke over the top, you've come to the right place.

Sadly, I see your point. Gerrard looked as frustrated as I have ever seen him during that match against Wigan.

Hopefully LFC shows up ready to play on the 21st, which I am assuming they will. If we were to win that match I would be satisfied for the rest of the year. Like my friend said last night, "I am prepared to endure 10 losing campaigns and will still be a proud supporter."

RUBE CRED...ding!

Good luck this weekend to all of our respective clubs...except Chelsea. I ALWAYS want them to lose

Comment

• Steve Graham
              DJ Jelly
              • Jun 2004

just saw this headline, exactly what I'm talking about

Torres considering future
              Star striker Fernando Torres could quit Liverpool in the summer if the Premier League club do not recruit enough top quality players to turn them into genuine title contenders.

If he goes, Gerrard would be a fool to stay imo

Comment

• Steve Graham
                DJ Jelly
                • Jun 2004

Comment

• Weizy
                  MCast Resident DJ
                  • Jun 2004

Yeah yeah Man U completely handled LFC. There is no doubt about that. My friends and I went nuts at the 5-6 minute mark when Torres put a header on net, but beyond that there really wasn't much to get excited about if you were a Liverpool supporter.

It was definitely a chippy match. I had no problem with the penalty on Mascherano that allowed Rooney to score off his penalty kick rebound. The commentators were begging for a red care, which was bullshit.

More and more as the match wore on at 1-1 Man U just kept it in Liverpool's end and I could feel that a goal would be coming soon for Manchester. Sure enough Park got his first headed goal in his EPL career.

That match was like every other that I have watched this year for Liverpool. A good start with many opportunities, but as matches wear on this squad fades away.

Oh, one last rant about the match, what the fuck was up with Torres kicking the penaly kick spot after Mascherano caused the penalty kick? I thought that was pure shit. You gotta have more class than that and it appears that Torres really is a young, arrogant brat. I could be wrong, but ever since he returned from knee surgery he is constantly looking frustrated and always barking at the referee, opposing players and fans. Not sure what the future holds for the Reds, but they best get it together to at least make a run at the Europa Cup.

Lastly, as I said awhile back the race to win the Premiership is a two horse race...Man U & Arsenal. Chelsea is done and so are Liverpool's hopes of making the top 4.

Next week we get Sunderland...not many matches left!

Comment

• Weizy
                    MCast Resident DJ
                    • Jun 2004

Chelsea vs. Man U tomorrow...big match for all of the United supporters out there. I'm guessing Man U is going to take all of the frustration from their shocking 1st leg loss to Bayern out on them.

Comment

• simonr
                      Transitionator
                      • Jun 2004

At least Maxi is starting to play well (not bad for £zero) ... good interaction with Torres & Gerrard.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WozHXbsAn9M&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
                      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Weizy
                        MCast Resident DJ
                        • Jun 2004

That goal by Maxi was pure class. Thanks for sharing Simon!

I'm looking forward to match against Birmingham tomorrow, can't really afford to lose or draw any matches for the rest of the season, so Gerrard, Torres and company better be ready to go.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                          DJ Jelly
                          • Jun 2004

well, chelsea definitely deserved to win that.. drogba was offside, but allowing kalou (i think thats who it was) to dribble that much, they deserved to give up a goal
                          can't even say I'm gutted about the result, man u was never really interested in winning

Comment

• simonr
                            Transitionator
                            • Jun 2004

The Spurs result was a turn up ... but no good if we can't capitalise.
                            sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• discobunnywalker
                              Fresh Peossy
                              • May 2007

After seeing the way things have gone I think top 4 is beyond us now, only thing that could rescue our season is to with the UEFA Cup and that means beating Benfica on thursday, after the highs of last season how's it come to this!!!!!!

Comment

• Steve Graham
                                DJ Jelly
                                • Jun 2004

^^^ us? Leeds? lol

Comment

Working...