Clear All
  • Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

Re: Forthcoming releases

Surgeon to release next Fabric CD
    For those that love some techno

Tracklisting:
    01 Location recording from Kuramae Subway Station, Tokyo, Japan 02 Scuba - Glance [Hotflush] 03 Surgeon - Bad Hands (Drums Only) [Dynamic Tension] 04 Marco Bernardi - Giro (Exium Remix) [Dirty Planet] 05 Instra:mental - Forbidden [Apple Pips] 06 Forward Strategy Group - Applied Generics A [Forward Strategy Group] 07 Reeko - Agile Movement [Theory] 08 Surgeon - Bad Hands Part 2 (Drums Only) [Dynamic Tension] 09 Robert Hood - Superman [M-Plant] 10 Planetary Assault Systems - X Speaks To X (Al Tourettes & Appleblim Remix) [Ostgut Ton] 11 Ritzi Lee - Black Star Ritual (Ben Sims Remix) [Underground Liberation] 12 T-Polar - Crab People [Digital Distortions] 13 Ital Tek - Spectrum Falls [Atom River] 14 Surgeon - Klonk Part 1 (Drums Only) [Dynamic Tension] 15 Subeena - Picture [Opit] 16 Fran Hartnett - It Was Written In Vapour [unreleased] 17 Mark Broom & James Ruskin - Hostage [Blueprint] 18 Stephen Brown - Stress Free [Music Man] 19 Ancient Methods - AM04B1 [Ancient Methods] 20 Surgeon - Compliance Momentum [Dynamic Tension] 21 Greena - Tenzado [Apple Pips] 22 Starkey - Spacecraft [Planet Mu] 23 Starkey feat. Anneka - Stars (Slugabed Did A Remix) [Planet Mu] 24 Cari Lekebusch - Spindizzy (Luke Slater's L.B. Dub Corp Remix) [Mote-Evolver] 25 Surgeon - The Crawling Frog Is Torn and Smiles [Dynamic Tension] 26 Orphx - Threshold (Substance Remix) [Sonic Groove] 27 Gatekeeper - Blip [If Symptoms Persist] 28 Mark Broom & James Ruskin - No Time Soon [Blueprint] 29 Russ Gabriel - El Juan [We Play House] 30 DJ Overdose - What [Lunar Disko Records]

press release here: http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=f...8&e=9be7cce365
    Attached Files
    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

Yes yes yes!

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• res0nat0r
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • May 2006

bad ass. this should be sick.

i gotta say i think Fabric has some of the best cover art going now days. Their Fabric and Fabriclive discs are up there with TDR and
        Tomato as some of the best electronic design work IMO.

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

Travels through the eye on my phone camera

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• res0nat0r
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • May 2006

^nice

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
              • Jun 2004

Soma Coma volume 4 is out now, featuring the finest in chilled out electronica from some of our favourite artists, including Funk D'Void, The Black Dog, Alex Smoke, Silicone Soul and Vector Lovers.

the SOMA COMA series aims to bring attention to the atmospheric, melodic and mesmerising side of Soma Records.

Since the first edition in 2007, Soma Coma collections have shown a softer side of the often banging Scottish label. The upcoming release features many of the imprint's strongest staples, such as Alex Smoke, Vector Lovers, The Black Dog and Slam, all of whom contribute tunes more suited to the come-down than the party itself.

Tracklist
              01. Alex Smoke – Paradolia Intro
              02. Pablo – Journey’s End
              03. The Black Dog – Digital Poacher
              04. Vector Lovers – Neon Sky Rain
              05. Silicone Soul – 3am (Ghost Mood Mix)
              06. Slam – B Movie
              07. The Black Dog – Kissing Someone Else’s D.O.G.
              08. Funk D’Void – Sketch of Spain
              09. Let’s Go Outside – Worship
              10. Vector Lovers – Long Wave
              11. Pablo – Music Maestro (Instrumental)
              12. Silicone Soul – Dub 4 Toots
              13. Alex Smoke – OK (Jay Haze's Trippin' the P-Bar Dub)
              14. Slam – Memoir
              15. Funk D’Void – Odessa
              16. The Black Dog – Riphead v9
              17. Let’s Go Outside – You In My Life
              18. Alex Smoke – Nuance
              19. Vector Lovers – Hush Now
              20. Pablo – The Cuatro Track

Soma will release Soma Coma 4 on July 5th, 2010.

Download and listen to new, exclusive, electronic dance music and house tracks. Available on mp3 and wav at the world’s largest store for DJs.

....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                • Jun 2004

DJ Hell - Body Language Vol 9

from here: http://www.xlr8r.com/news/2010/07/dj...ming-body-lang

For the forthcoming new Body Language mix album from the Get Physical label, venerable techno fiend DJ Hell took the mixing helm to bring you a lengthy taste of his varied influences, classic favorites, fresh remixes, and original productions. Body Language Vol. 9 features 23 songs from the likes of Daniel Wang, Christian Prommer, DJ Assassin, Josh One, and Die Vögel, and will be released August 23. You can check out the artwork and tracklist for DJ Hell's mix below.

Christian Prommer - Sueño Latino (DJ Hell - All U Need Is Love Remix)
                Baby Ford + Eon - Dead Eye
                Kirk Degiorgio - Nairobi (Carl Craig Remix)
                Josh One - Contemplation (King Britt Funke Remix)
                Will Saul & Tam Cooper feat. Ursula Rucker - Where Is It? (Re-Loved Dub)
                DJ Assassin - Face In The Crowd (Intellidread Mix)
                Melody Boy 2000 - Monotone Fantastique
                The Balanescu Quartet - The Robots
                David Sylvian - Forbidden Colours
                Depeche Mode - Esque
                Die Vögel - Empire (Original vs. Dixon Edit)
                Club M.C.M. - It's Me
                Stereotyp - Take The Weight (Peter Kruder Vocal Mix)
                Clara Moto feat. Mimu - Silently (Kirk Degiorgio Remix)
                Ché - The Incident (Wet Dream Mix)
                DJ Linus - Are You Ready?
                Dollkraut - Loot (Original Version)
                Adam Port - I Love You
                Daniel Wang - Warped
                Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
                Klaus Schulze - Stardancer
                DJ Hell - Germania
                David Bowie & The Pat Metheny Group - This Is Not America

Comment

• jasonemrysss
                  Getting warmed up
                  • Nov 2009

COMING UP THIS MONTH
                  RUSH HOUR 028 - JULY 2010

GUEST MIX: JORDAN STEVENS (GODS KITCHEN / PERFECTO / LAS VEGAS)

Digitally Imported - Trance Channel
                  Tuesday July 13th, 2010 at 1PM US PST / 4PM US EST / 9PM UK / 22:00 CET

FM Stations
                  Broadcasting on 120+ FM stations thru July, click here for station details

Podcast
                  First week of August 2010 on iTunes

Jordan Stevens has been DJing since 2003. Starting off in the West Coast USA rave scene he quickly became an underground favorite. In 2005 he decided it was time to make the jump to the club scene, landing his first residency at Las Vegas's #1 afterhours, late night Empire. From there he went on to open for the likes of Christopher Lawrence, Judge Jules, and Eddie Halliwell. He was a mainstay in the club until 2008 when Empire Ballroom closed its doors for the last time.

Jordan’s career soon kickstarted into full force starting with openings at Godskitchen in the trance show scene with ATB, 4 Strings, and Above and Beyond to name a few. Jordan soon captured the attention of Mike Fuller at the Palms and was brought into play all the major dance music events, including Paul Oakenfold's "Perfecto" and Goodlife Sundays at Moon.

Voted “Best House/ Electronica DJ” by Las Vegas’s City Life in 2010, at 26 years of age, the sky is the limit for this up and coming DJ.

For more information:

www.myspace.com/djjordanstevens

Comment

• dusk
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

Re: rockin' tunage

Originally posted by bobjuice
                    This is a beautiful track
                    ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• dusk
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Out Now -

Love the Original Mix.

Two of house musics most highly sought after talents in Funkagenda and Dave Seaman team up for Toolroom Traxs next release, a devilishly dark re-rub of The Mighty Ming.

Having conquered both the underground and commercial floors, Dave Seaman has enjoyed success for well over a decade with remixes and productions for the likes of New Order through to Michael Jackson and shows no intention of resting on his laurels with this superb release. Funkagenda continues to impress with his unique, forward-thinking productions and stunning DJ sets moving the biggest global dancefloors from Ministry of Sound, London to Space, Ibiza.

The Mighty Ming is a monstrous track that takes you on a dark and distinctive foray into some gritty tones. A sharp, resonating bass grinds away beneath some tight beats and oriental tinted percussion. Eastern tinged stabs punch through the mix with vocal cuts and side-chained pads propelling this into a peak time bomb.

On remix duties is the sublime D.Ramirez, providing a mighty remix in his own inimitable style. He combines an old school flavour with warm, crisp synths and a euphoric breakdown that will have the party-goers raising their hands in the air.

The Mighty Ming is a vital release that will be battering the dancefloors worldwide

The Mighty Ming

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                        • Jun 2004

Dimitri from Paris :Get Down With The Philly Sound

BBE Records proudly presents its 5th and arguably most exciting compilation with the French dj and ambassador of disco, Dimitri from Paris. This compilation focuses on Dimitri’s essential disco era tracks - made in Philadelphia, that feature the core of the rhythm section that created and defined the sound of the genre. For this compilation Dimitri has exclusively reworked 5 tracks from the original multitrack tapes of Gamble and Huff with a further 4 being edited from the original 2 track stereo masters.

Preview: http://soundcloud.com/bbemusic/dimit...ly-sound-promo
                        Buy:

From Dimitri - http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...ogId=534736958
                        "Disco Sucks

I used to really hate Disco. In my teenage years in the late '70s I clearly remember how the Disco I could hear in my Paris hometown generally sucked, and big time too. I liked artists like James Brown, Barry White, Shalamar, the Whispers or D-Train but I'd call it Funk. That was a cool thing for someone to be into. But Disco? That byproduct of white boys in sequined suits from the radio? No way.
                        So what happened that made me like Disco so much, and bring you a Philly Sound collection?

Let there be House

House music was born in the late '80s and It had a huge impact on the young and aspiring DJ I was. Back then, as far as club music and it's dancing potential went, I didn't know any better, literally. To me, House music took Funk to a new level. It kept its musical harmonies but did away with the laidback feeling in favour of a much faster and powerful rhythm drive. When it was not a plain intsrumental groove it would feature uplifting, almost gospel like vocals, interlaced with swirling layers of synthesized horns and strings. Most of all it always had killer basslines that would drill into my head and steal the show. From Chicago to the world via - and thanks to - UK's clubland, House Music grew in popularity and gave me the urge to find out how it came about. After reading a lot of liner notes and articles, one word was alway coming back: Disco. It seemed I had missed that one step

Backtracking

House Music was described as a new form of Disco. It was using all its key elements, but with electronic machines instead of a group of live musicians. It was the offspring of a generation of Chicago DJs and clubbers who grew up on Disco. Its electronic, minimalistic sound was merely the result of the simple means used to create it. It was (and still is) much more affordable to record with a few sound generating boxes than a whole orchestra.
                        So I started to dig for the Disco that House Music was built from. And I realised it was luckily not the Disco I knew. Not a shallow made for top 40 radio product but something with soul, inspiring and bursting with intense and joyful energy. The more I dug the more I was loving and refining my taste in Disco. Artists and producers were standing apart and soon outshone the newer records they inspired.

The House that Earl Built

A particular type of Disco became my favourite. It was sophisticated, skillfully orchestrated, and powered by an irresistible drum and bass groove. Its rhythm had a unique style that became the benchmark for me to gauge all grooves, a great example being on the song The Love I Lost by Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes.
                        It had the now familiar Disco rhythm but on top of the ubiquitous flying high hat it had the bouncy snare that House Music made its own. So many times imitated but as i could finally realise, never equalled. Most of all, The Love I lost was released in 1973, years before Disco was defiined as a genre. I became addicted to that beat, and learned it was the creation of a single, inimitable drummer by the name of Earl Young.

The sound of brotherly love

As I was mostly into the longer 12" singles, I wasn't always aware of the musicians credits. Even on albums, you could not always know who was playing what. So I went searching for more by ear, label, producer. It seemed a bulk of that sound was coming from Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff's Philadelphia International Records (PIR) and hence got nicknamed the Philly Sound. Confusingly though, it was appearing on other labels from other places: Salsoul, Atlantic, Motown, SAM and a quite few others. Whenever I could find recording credits, the people involved could invariably be traced back to the city of brotherly love: Philadelphia.

Joining the dots

It turned out each of my favourite sounds had a specific musician behind it: when Earl Young was on drums, Norman Harris and Bobby Eli were typically there playing guitar. The trademark basslines, locked with the drums were always the work of one Ronnie Baker. Ron (Have Mercy) Kersey was the man sucking the life out of the Fender Rhodes leaving the raspy organ to Lenny Pakula. On percussion Larry Washington was scorching the congas. while a suave Vince Montana Jnr caressed the Vibes. The finally cherry on a delicious pie, Don Renaldo helmed the string and horn sections. Last but not least they were all hailing from the same studio: Sigma sound, with the same Joe Tarsia as owner and engineer in chief. It almost didn't matter who the artist was, the producer, or what label it was on, as long as that team was there, it had the Philly Sound and the magic was happening.

Born to be alive

From the early to late '70s, Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes, the O'Jays, Eddie Kendricks, Loleatta Holloway, Ritchie Family and many others had their music recorded with some part of that dream team, the Sigma sound rhythm section. The sound that evolved from The Love I lost became a genre of its own: Disco was born, and they were at its forefront. Unlike the much talked about Funk Brothers, Motown's rhythm core they still did not get the credit they deserve. While their Motown cousins eventually got some light to shine on them, the Sigma team still stood in the shadows of the labels they helped reach success.

Men make history, history makes men

Typically the rhythm section would come in every morning to record their parts. From a basic chord grid they would play a song over and over, working out the structure, the fills, the breaks, thus arranging it until they felt it was ready to hit "Record". WIth the tape rolling they would play through the different sections of the song until the end vamp. But then, instead of stopping they kept on playing. And no one would dare to stop recording until they did. The musicians were just jamming out of pure enjoyment. They had secured the album part of the song and could let themselves loose. Those carefree moments were magic to the happy few who could hear them. Few, because the songs were usually faded out after 3 minutes no matter what was on the tape.

Longer is better

One trademark of the Philly Disco Sound as I and many got to love, is the long instrumental sections. That might not have been without the input of one person that loved music so much, he devoted his life to give the people more of it: Tom Moulton. Recognised as one of the first remixers, he would extend a song to make it more exciting. He fell so in love with Sigma Sound's musical output, that he made it his second home by simply booking a studio there four days a week for twelve years straight !

As he was witnessing the extraordinary musicianship there he knew the world had to hear it. Thanks to him the Philadelphia Classics album came to life. In 1977 It was the first remix album of its kind where Tom got to cherry pick songs from the PIR catalog and extended them to eight minute plus epics, lifting the veil off the unheard takes. In the process he shared his love and dedication to great music with many others including myself. When the unwritten rule was to make every song short for impact, he unwound it into a long romantic symphony, a rollercoaster ride of peaks and lows, bringing the rhythm section to the forefront and creating a pattern still followed by many remixers after.

A Tom Moulton Mix

Tom Moulton is the reason why I did this compilation. His contribution to the music as well as my meeting with him not only is invaluable but was a true revelation. He helped me connect the dots between the music I like the most and it's origins. He helped me understand that what I thought was different was actually the same. The urge he always had to bring the unheard work of the musicians to the forefront is something I always felt too. And like he gave me more music, i want to give you more music.
                        The songs featured in CD 1 are only a small and personal selection of what the Philly Sound is in it's most Disco era. Many are mixed by Tom Moulton, others he wished he did: He's a friend, Do it again, and one: The Love I lost he actually did remix in 1977. Ironically the tape was lost and has yet be found and released.
                        The songs that I have reworked on CD 2, I did for the sole reason of getting me and you, more out of them. They were never given an official extended treatment and having been able to work on them is a great honour and my biggest achievement.

And now, Get Down With THe Philly Sound !

Find the CD and downloads here !

Hear the Podcast there

Some quotes:

One of the great joys of life in this business is being able live vicariously through our heros and the champions that inspire us.
                        When I got into the production side of the music business one of my dreams was to one day get into the Philadelphia International vaults and lose my mind, like a kid in a candy store. Dimitri is living that dream for me. While staying true to the essence of each song and it's original production, Dimitri has blown the dust off these classic choons and sonically brought them into the Millennium. Apart from being the soundtrack of my life, the sound, the songs the production says everything about what's at the heart of me musically.
                        Thanks Dimi for the BRILLIANT job. There are so many folks that will thoroughly appreciate what you've done here My Friend, My Hero !
                        Maximum Love & Infinite Respect Always,
                        Frankie Knuckles

Dimitri From Paris should have been Dimitri From Philadelphia" His heart and love for music always stems from there. This has been a dream of his to do a project that revolves around the music that has inspired him all these years. Dimitri has picked some of his favorite Philly tracks and they are here in there original form and he also has some of his Personal Favorites he remixed and some he has re-edited. A lot of passion went into this project and you will hear that when the needle hits the Vinyl and in May for the CD.
                        Tom Moulton

Get Down with Dimitri From Paris's Philly Sound!
                        Dimitri's love & respect for the Philly Sound is Crystal clear here, & some of his best work!
                        Danny Krivit

What a great idea to revisit those classics in such a respectful and creative way!
                        DJ Deep

Comment

• dusk
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

Out Now - VA - Carl Cox - At Space: Revolution Continues

http://www.carlcox.com/

2010 marks Carl Cox’s 9th year of his residency at Space in Ibiza and with it, the revolution Carl established last year has got stronger and stronger. Stretched across two CD’s and featuring 30 tracks mixed expertly by Carl Cox, the album features music from Carl’s newly resurrected record label, Intec Digital with future releases from Yousef, Nicole Moudaber and Jim Rivers plus a Carl Cox remix of the track which re-launched Intec Digital – “Damager” by Jon Rundell. Included as well is exclusive tracks and big remixes from Carl Cox himself, including Carl’s storming remix of Moby’s “Walk With Me”, his cheeky edit of Gilles Peterson’s latest Latin fused gem “Rocco Pollo” and the world exclusive of the latest incarnation of one of Carl’s most talked about underground tracks “Family Guy”.

Tracklist:
                          CD 1/2
                          1. Robert Babicz – Astor (Gui Boratto Remix)
                          2. Matthias Vogt – Hofats (Francois Dubois Remix)
                          3. Peter Horrevorts – Labyrinth (Steve Rachmad Remix)
                          4. Sven Jaeger – Casablanca (StipT Remix)
                          5. Coyu & Affkt – Nit Magica
                          6. Steve Lawler – Hocus Pocus (Patrick Zigon Mix)
                          7. The Bass Soldier – You Live With Your Mum
                          8. Carlo – Mr Brown (Original Mix)
                          9. Jon Rundell – Damager (Cox’s Jose Ignacio Mix)
                          10. Ryan Luciano – Le Freak (Kube72 & Danny Oliver Remix)
                          11. Ludwig Coenen – The Crepes
                          12. Technasia – Esperance
                          13. Carl Cox – Family Guy Reub
                          14. Yousef – 1000 Pictures

CD 2/2
                          1. Sean Palm – Green Matrix (Evan Marc Remix)
                          2. Cario Lio – False Information
                          3. Nicole Moudaber – Reason Why
                          4. Peter Kruder – Hard To Find
                          5. Onionz – Summertime Saves Me
                          6. Jonno Brien – Kingdom
                          7. Moby – Walk With Me (Carl Cox Remix)
                          8. Jose Nunez Ft. Tania – Bilingual (Jon Flores Undercool Remix)
                          9. Jim Rivers – We Can Do This All Night
                          10. Alex Dolby Santos – Babylon
                          11. Lucca – Boy From Ipanema
                          12. Elio Riso – You Have To Smile (Original Mix)
                          13. Gilles Peterson – Arroz Con Pollo (Jon Rundell Remix)
                          14. Loco Dice – Definition (Nic Fanciulli Mix)
                          15. Funkagenda & Paul Thomas – Space (Paul Thomas 2010 Space Odyssey Remix)
                          16. Joe Brunning – Return To That Feeling

Comment

• floridaorange
                            I'm merely a humble butler
                            • Dec 2005

^word, thanks for posting this Dusk!!

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                              • Jun 2004

Brian Eno to release next album on WARP records ! - Now this could be very exciting!

"
                              Brian Eno to Release Album on Warp

Super producer's LP due later this year. Warp Records has confirmed that it will release a new album by ambient godfather/mega producer/art-rock legend Brian Eno later this year. Without Eno, works by some of Warp's biggest names like Aphex Twin and Boards of Canada probably would not exist as we know them, so the pairing seems cosmically just. Sign up for more info about the Eno album here.

The news comes after Exclaim reported a blog post from guitarist Leo Abrahams, who wrote, "There's an album out soon by Brian Eno, with myself and Jon Hopkins... It contains the fruits of several years of jams between the three of us. I've not heard anything quite like it-- it sounds 'live' and 'alien' at the same time. Some things have been permitted to survive, which only Brian would have had the courage to let go, and it's so much the better for it." (The text has since been deleted from Abrahams' site.)
                              Abrahams has worked with Eno several times in the past, including on the Eno/David Byrne album Everything That Happens Will Happen Today. Hopkins is an ambient electronic artist who has released music on Domino, remixed Four Tet, and worked with Coldplay."

Comment

• res0nat0r
                                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                                • May 2006

^VERY cool

Comment

Working...