X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

Re: Forthcoming releases

Ghostly is a record label and art company that aims to provide work of high quality, integrity and individuality.

NEW MUSIC]: MATTHEW DEAR'S 'BLACK CITY' (ALBUM + TOTEM)

August 3, 2010

Matthew Dear’s third album Black City is the culmination of years of hard work and experimentation, a darkly playful sound-world that envelops the listener like the arms of a malevolent lover. After over a decade of exploring pop’s outer limits, Matthew Dear now inhabits a rarefied corner of the musical universe: no longer tethered to any one genre, respected by his peers, and blessed with a bottomless well of creative energy. Now is Matthew Dear’s moment, and it sounds like nothing else.
    Black City is now available everywhere digitally, and will be available in physical formats (CD / LP / Totem) exclusively at The Ghostly Store through August 17th. Buy Matthew Dear’s Black City now.
    The MDBC Totem is an exploration into the physicality of music in the digital era, conceived by Will Calcutt and designed by the award-winning Boym Partners. It’s also a damn fine piece of sculpture: hand-cast in aluminum, finished in gun-metal patina, and individually inscribed with a unique code to both stream and download Black City.
    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
      • Jun 2004

Radio Slave - Strictly Rhythms Vol.5

Tracklist
      CD1: Strictly Downtown Mix
      01. Ultra Nate – Situation Critical
      02. The Wamdue Project – Remember the Memory
      03. Angel Morales feat. Sally Cortes – Burnin Up (Sally's Wet Dub)(Radio Slave Re-Edit)
      04. Mood Life – Needs (Not Wants) (Original Mix) / Logic – The Warning (Acapella)
      05. Venus – Lippstick
      06. After Hours – Feel It (Bonus Beats)
      07. Mood II Swing – Do It Your Way
      08. Black Magic – Freedom (Make It Funky) (Color 4 Frankie Dub)(Radio Slave Re-Edit)
      09. Photon Inc – Everybody Freedom (Scream Beats Radio Slave Re-Edit)
      10. Black Magic – Freedom (Make It Funky) (Color 2 On & On Strong Vocal Mix) / Kenny Dope – Watch This (Radio Slave Re-Edit)
      11. The Mole People – Break Night
      12. DJ Sneak – Keep On Groovin (Fat Bottom Mix)
      13. Mood II Swing – All Night Long (Radio Slave Re-Edit) / Hardhead – New York Express (Radio Slave Wildpitchapella)
      14. Logic – I Got Somethin (Radio Slave Re-Edit)

CD2: Strictly Uptown Mix
      01. Barbara Tucker – Stay Together (The Ravin' Mix – Radio Slave Re-Edit)
      02. Mood II Swing – I Like It (Radio Slave Re-Edit)
      03. Kenny Dope – Tribal Seagulls (Radio Slave Re-Edit)
      04. The Mole People – Ocean / Osunlade – Momma's Groove (Accapella)
      05. Hardhead – Demon Dreams (Gravedigger Mix)
      06. The Stickman – The Drug
      07. Black Magic – Freedom (Make It Funky) (Colour 3 Lil Louis Zohz Sub Dub)
      08. The Untouchables – I'm for Real / Todd Terry presents CLS – Can You Feel It? (Accapella)
      09. The Untouchables – Little Louie Anthem Part II (Factory Bar Mix)

interesting choice for Stricktly!

From here: http://www.defected.com/news-reviews...thms+Vol.5/514

Matt Edwards, better known by his moniker Radio Slave, is heading up the next instalment in the Strictly Rhythms series.
      A former Londoner relocated to Berlin, he is known for his gracefully hypnotic DJ sets behind the decks at the world’s most renowned dance floors including Space (Ibiza), Berghain (Berlin) or Fabric (London). He also heads up the highly acclaimed Rekids label and has produced a string of fantastic tracks.

His deep house and techno productions typically have a distinct ‘90s flavour, full of delicate and unobvious references to the beginnings of dance music. It was this love of early house that attracted him to mix the next in the Strictly Rhythms series. The legendary New York label gave him full access to their deepest vaults and he dived right in. In fact he went further and even paid homage to New York with a ‘Downtown’ and ‘Uptown’ mix, reflecting the diverse sounds of the city. The result is Radio Slave’s own interpretation of the imprint’s finest and undiscovered moments.
      “I have loved Strictly material for years” says Matt of his interest in taking part in the project. “Their tracks are pivotal, some of them make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up! So the records I chose for this mix are the ones I’d still play when I’m out. It wasn’t a case of just doing a Strictly compilation”.

Radio Slave

The Downtown version is a stripped down, slower after-party style mix with a much mellower vibe. “With this mix I wanted to bring some of the lesser known Strictly releases to the mixing desk; tracks like Felix Da Housecat’s ‘Lippstikk’ and also the beautiful Marshall Jefferson produced ‘Needs(Not Wants)’. I also had to include an Ultra Nate track and chose ‘Situation Critical’ which has always had a special place in my heart as does the timeless and stunning ‘All Night Long’ by Mood II Swing. Armand Van Helden also appears as The Mole People with ‘Ocean’ and what a record. I've not stopped playing this 12" since I bought it back in 1995 and it's probably even more popular now than ever - that's why you gotta love Strictly Rhythm”.

The Uptown mix is a much more upbeat pumping sound typical of the mid 90s dance floor club vibe and much more inspired by the Strictly 12”s that Radio Slave still drops at clubs he plays at around the world. “It’s tracks like The Hard Heads’ ’Demon Dreams’, a massive record in Panorama Bar and The Mole People’s ‘Ocean’ is a huge record in Berlin. A lot of the records on this mix you can still being heard being played out in underground clubs where vinyl culture is still the way to play. They’re not into laptops”.
      To give the compilation an even more unique feel, 29 of the tracks included are all his own edits, made to make the mix flow smoothly from track to track. “A lot of these tracks were short in comparison to the ones I produce. I was extending the intro and outro to make the tracks a little more DJ friendly. I just wanted to put my touch on some of the songs and I went through each track to see how they worked. It’s better to think about, listen to the tracks, work out the length, and see how they work in the mix.

“The catalogue is just so rich and diverse and full of such emotional and deep music that I'm still having as much pleasure listening to the tracks now as when they were first released!”
      ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
        • Jun 2004

New Slam album -Paragraph Deconstructed in 2011 !

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Woo hoo! Feels like ages since the last Terry's Cafe.

This summer the Terry’s Café compilation should be named Terry’s Coffee maybe? – Just kidding. But Terry Lee Brown Junior and Plastic City wanted to do something different this year and decided to release a double CD package with two different tech house styles: Mild Roast and Strong Roast – Mild Roast for pleasure and Strong Roast for character. In the Mild Roast DJ-Mix Terry presents gentle tracks with the right flavor it needs to work on the dancefloor too. Effected by a joyfully looseness the mix swings between breezy fulfillment and jazzy liberality. Therefore tracks by Paralelles, Tini, Aland Byallo, J. Axel, Aki Bergen, Basti Pieper, Kruse & Nuernberg, Gorge, Tojami Sessions, Greg Parker, The Timewriter, Lukas Greenberg feat. Nica Brooke and Martin Buttrich give their best. Terry Lee Brown Junior created a well balanced DJ-Mix that is as agile and clever like a cat. The Strong Roast DJ-Mix goes straight forward right from the beginning. It enfolds its rich aroma a bit more with every tune and ends in a culmination of different ingredients. The tracks by Krogmann, Fog, Smalltown Collective, Carlo, Chopstick & Johnjon feat. Fritz Kalkbrenner, Basti Pieper, Sami Wentz, Fapples, Addex, Steve Lawler, Gene, Helmut Dubnitzky and Fred Hush have enough personality to create a really special mood controlled by the hands of Terry Lee Brown Junior. So the new episode of Terry’s Café is another highlight on Plastic City.

Terry's Cafe 13 Mild Roast
          01 Parall les - Eclosion (Nikosf Loves The Zone Remix)
          02 tINI - That s Right
          03 Alland Byallo - My City (Alexkid Remix)
          04 J.Axel - Every Part Of The World
          05 Aki Bergen - Daftastic World
          06 Basti Pieper - Heart Of The Sun
          07 Kruse & Nuernberg - Lovers n Fighters
          08 Gorge - Erotic Soul feat. The Writers Poet
          09 Tojami Sessions - Sun
          10 Greg Parker - Get High (Terry Lee Brown Junior Remix)
          11 The Timewriter - Creatures Of The Night
          12 Lukas Greenberg feat. Nica Brooke - You re Alive (Shuffle Mix)
          13 Martin Buttrich - Tripping In The 16th

Terry's Cafe 13 Strong Roast
          01 Krogmann - Billig Will Ich (andhim Remix)
          02 Fog - 4Geteat (Luca M Remix)
          03 Smalltown Collective - Mujinga (Carlos Sanches & DJ Ray Remix)
          04 Carlo - Mr. Brown
          05 Chopstick & Johnjon feat. Fritz Kalkbrenner - A New Dub (Noir Edit)
          06 Basti Pieper - Orient
          07 Sami Wentz - Bingo Gringo
          08 Franksen & Tom Wax - Impatience
          09 Fapples - Funkadelic Groove
          10 Addex - Self Connection
          11 Steve Lawler - Almerina (David Pher Remix)
          12 Gene - Clowns Jazz
          13 Helmut Dubnitzky - Go With Me
          14 Fred Hush - Mystery Land (Dimitri Andreas Remix)

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• res0nat0r
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • May 2006

^yes! One of my top mix series for sure. I've managed to track down about 7 of these off of ebay which weren't outrageously priced. Cant wait for another one.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
              • Jun 2004

Sei A _ White Rainbow

Andy Graham, AKA Sei A is set to release a new album this November called White Rainbow.

The Glasgow-based producer has been putting out records for the past five years or so, alternating between his own name and the monikers Droido and Sei A (which, according to a press release, is pronounced "Say A"). Whichever guise he chooses, Graham tends to focus on dark and melodic house and techno, with occasional excursions into dubstep (such as last year's white label remix of The Beatles' "A Day in the Life"). White Rainbow will be his second LP so far as Sei A, following his 2008 effort Editing Shadows, a record RA's Noah Barron described as "evocative of Lemon Jelly's deeper dance moments." The album will see release on Tiga's Turbo Recordings imprint.

Tracklist
              01. White Rainbow
              02. Sweet Lies
              03. Little One Song
              04. Flicker
              05. Flylo
              06. Rebel Without a Cause
              07. Audio Roots interlude
              08. Who Dares Wins
              09. Out of Reason
              10. Stars
              11. Little Star Interlude
              12. Body Of Eyes
              13. Meth II

Turbo will release Sei A's White Rainbow on November 8th, 2010.

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

Senior is a forthcoming instrumental album from Norwegian duo Röyksopp, set for release on 13 September 2010. The album has been described as an introspective, withdrawn, atmospheric counterpart to energetic Junior. Röyksopp described the album as having an "autumn mood" to it, while Junior had a "spring feel". In an interview with KCRW, Svein Berge likened Senior to "the senile sibling of Junior who lives in the attic." The Alcoholic has been described by the band as a "nostalgic idea based on this hobo who hitchhikes on trains and travels from place to place."
                "The Drug" has been released as a 1-track promotional single from the album on 9 August 2010 via Dog Triumph label. Music video directed by That Go (Noel Paul & Stefan Moore) was released online on 3 September 2010. A short film directed by the same duo will be released soon.

01. ...And The Forest Began To Sing (01:50)
                02. Tricky Two (07:51)
                03. The Alcoholic (05:11)
                04. Senior Living (05:10)
                05. The Drug (05:5
                06. Forsaken Cowboy (05:2
                07. The Fear (07:02)
                08. Coming Home (05:05)
                09. A Long, Long Way (12:16)

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                  • Jun 2004

Thievery Corporation'
                  will release a retrospective collection, It Takes a Thief, next month to mark 15 years of their production partnership.

Widely renowned as one of the most successful downtempo acts, Thievery Corporation came together when Rob Garza and Eric Hilton met at Eighteenth Street Lounge in 1995 and quickly formed a musical partnership over a shared admiration for '60s bossa music. After forming Thievery Corporation and inking their own indie label, Eighteenth Street Lounge Music, their debut album, Sounds From The Thievery Hi-Fi, was released in 1997. Containing worldly influences of bossa nova, dub and latin percussion, Sounds... is considered a classic of the downtempo/trip hop era, amongst work by similarly defining acts like Massive Attack and Portishead. Four studio albums followed, including most recent LP Radio Retaliation in 2008, as did remix albums, various DJ mixes and soundtrack work.

The compilation's 16 tracks have been selected by Garza and Hilton to appeal to both longtime fans and new listeners. These include their collaboration with Afrobeat heir Femi Kuti, "Vampires," the reggae inclined "Warning Shots" with Sleepy Wonder, crossover hit "Lebanese Blonde," and an exclusive unreleased track "The Passing Stars" featuring late jazz chanteuse Pam Bricker. It Takes a Thief will be released ahead of a forthcoming winter US tour, and a new Thievery Corporation album in 2011.

Tracklist:
                  01. Amerimacka
                  02. Lebanese Blonde
                  03. Facing East
                  04. Holographic Universe
                  05. Shadows of Ourselves
                  06. Sound the Alarm
                  07. Until the Morning
                  08. Sweet Tides
                  09. Satyam Shivam Sundaram
                  10. All That We Perceive
                  11. Air Batucada
                  12. Exilio (Rewound)
                  13. Vampires
                  14. Warning Shots
                  15. The Richest Man in Babylon
                  16. The Pasing Stars

Eighteenth Street Lounge will releaseIt Takes A Thiefon November 15th.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                    • Jun 2004

Preview: http://soundcloud.com/hatikvah/sets/...oma-11-10-2010
                    Buy: https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/...f&a486-index=0

01. Big Mind
                    02. Synchronicity
                    03. Unforgettable
                    04. Zen
                    05. Modern Times
                    06. Introduce Me
                    07. Daedalus
                    08. Beneath
                    09. In The Spirit
                    10. Spend Some Time

The production team of Florian Schirmacher and Helmut Ebritsch are weathered veterans of the vast electronic field. Florian’s production history covers many bases and collaborations, having started with Guido Schneider under the Glowing Glisses alias for his 2003 debut album, Silver Surfer, on Berlin’s Poker Flat imprint. Since then he has founded Wareika, Federleicht, Here Today and of course Hatikvah working with labels like Cadenza, Vakant, Liebe Detail, Buzzin Fly and Morris Audio to name but a few. Helmut is also one half the acclaimed Klartaum outfit, along with Nadja Lind. His solid contributions to the Klartraum releases have pushed them from strength to strength over the course of their productions. Helmut, also known throughout the electronic world for his skilful mastering technique, balances this duo with complete precision. Both artists work on lyrics and production, but the signing is left solely to Florian. Their sound is distinctly dub influenced, yet balances the soulful edge of the lyrics and chords with the dance-floor framed beats – a clever and fascinating combination, that allows them create their own spiritual dimension to a view of their idealistic future.
                    Synchronicity opens with Big Mind, a murky and introverted overture to Hatikvah’s debut album. Deeply dubby and mellow throughout, washing pads mingle happily with gentile chords and wandering percussion. Set on the sea front it paints a picture of serenity, thought and evaluation – asking questions of the Big Heart and Big Mind, the conection between the two and the balance in their production of sound and soul. Both are present and validated in Big Mind. The album title track, Synchronicity, sings soul from its depths. Heavyweight sub- sonics rise from the bass and warmth emanates from the delicate and understated synth work, allowing Florian’s profound, yet wanting lyrics to glide through with ease along with the cries of the evening Lark – fly away with me. At a mammoth thirteen and a half minutes long, Unforgettable is anything but. A sombre and heartfelt tale of lost love treads a meandering path through jazz influenced keys and chords. A higher tempo than previous outings, the pace is kept with clever and intuitive sequence changes that are subtle and soft on the ear. Zen then takes the tempo down and with it the heart rate. Great delays carry the keys and percussive elements off way in to the distance, creating a rich sonic environment from which slight and dainty percussion emerges.
                    Modern Times is given a complete refurbishment from the track originally released on the Suol imprint. Being one of the more dance-floor orientated tracks on the album, it carries solid rhythm, but retains a deep feeling found throughout the Synchronicity album. Following on, Introduce Me steps things up a gear and grows intensity. Daedalus brings us back down to earth with a beautifully crafted and emotive piece of music which brings playful connotations of lullabies and slumber through Florian’s solo Rhodes play. Beneath brings a combination of optimistic chords and vocals that sit amongst intelligent percussion and fx use. In The Spirit, the first single from the album, which includes Deepchord remixes, has a slightly more aggressive and rasping bass. Whispered vocals add more of a rhythmic effect than in previous tracks and allow space in the mix where everything has its place. Possibly the busiest track on the album, Spend Some Time brings close with layered vocals, guitars and several basslines. Together, it blends perfectly.
                    An album that is deep and intense in places, yet greenly optimistic in others, Hatikvah’s Synchronicity is undoubtedly one of the LP highlights of 2010.
                    Last edited by Huggie Smiles; October 1, 2010, 10:30:09 AM.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                      • Jun 2004

David Rodigan to Mix the Next FABRICLIVE

Looks like London's Fabric club and mix series is getting back to its roots for a change—roots reggae, that is. For FABRICLIVE 54, DJ, MC, and all-around character David "Ram Jam" Rodigan will be inside the place, handling all selector duties with a choice mix of classic dub, dancehall, and other soundsystem-appropriate reggae. On his track selections, Rodigan says, "I deliberately avoided the obvious tracks which have appeared repeatedly on reggae compilation albums over the years. Fabric the club and Fabric the record label is at the cutting edge of music, and so I wanted to uphold that legacy with my album." FABRICLIVE 54: David Rodigan will be released on November 29, and will be preceded by a launch party at Fabric on October 22. You can check out the party details here, and the mix tracklist below. We also tossed in our favorite "Ram Jam" video clip down there, just for fun.

01 Augustus Pablo - King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown [Yard Music / Rockers International]
                      02 Big Youth - Waterhouse Rock [VP]
                      03 Alborosie - Kingston Town [Greensleeves]
                      04 Etana - August Town [VP]
                      05 Chezidek - Borderline [Mideya]
                      06 Romain Virgo - Live Mi Life [VP]
                      07 Cham - Ghetto Story [Warner]
                      08 Super Cat - Don Dada [Sony]
                      09 Pinchers - Bandelero [Necessary Mayhem]
                      10 Prince Alla - Bucket Bottom [Freedom Sounds]
                      11 King Tubby - Roots Of Dub [Total Sounds]
                      12 Joe Gibbs & Errol T - He Prayed (Dubbed) [VP]
                      13 Tenor Saw - Ring The Alarm [Techniques]
                      14 Mr Vegas & Konshens - Help Me Praise Jahoviah [Maximum Sound]
                      15 Bitty McLean - Plead My Cause [Mideya / TAXI / Silent River]
                      16 Beres Hammond - Can You Play Some More [VP]
                      17 Cadenza - Stop That Train [Headlock]
                      18 Sly, Robbie, Lenky & The Maximum Sound Crew - Black Board [Maximum Sound]
                      19 Shaggy - Church Heathen [Big Yard]
                      20 Collie Buddz - Come Around [Sony]
                      21 Million Stylez - Police In Helicopter [Necessary Mayhem]

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                        • Jun 2004

LCD Soundsystem’s Paperclip People cover to see vinyl release on Planet E

Paperclip People – Throw (original)

For the past few years LCD Soundsystem have been working a cover of Paperclip People’s ‘Throw’ into their live sets.
                        The disco-fired techno original was produced by Carl Craig – it ranks among his very finest works – and first released on his Planet E label in 1994. Now Planet E is set to re-issue the track on vinyl, with the A-side given over to a studio rendition by LCD which until now has only been available as an iTunes extra bundled with This Is Happening.
                        The 12″ is expected to find its way into stores next month.
                        Tracklist:
                        A1. Paperclip People – Throw (LCD Soundsystem Version)
                        B1. Paperclip People – Throw

Paperclip People – Throw (original) For the past few years LCD Soundsystem have been working a cover of Paperclip People’s…

Comment

• tommpenny1
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2004

Tetarise - Through The Silent Void

LISTEN TO THIS ALBUM is you like quality chill-breaks electronic sound

Cheers
                          @@

Comment

• floridaorange
                            I'm merely a humble butler
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by tommpenny1
                            Tetarise - Through The Silent Void

LISTEN TO THIS ALBUM is you like quality chill-breaks electronic sound

Cheers

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                              • Jun 2004

LCD Soundsystem to Release Live Studio Album

from here: http://www.xlr8r.com/news/2010/11/lc...lease-live-stu
                              On November 9, James Murphy and the cast of his LCD Soundsystem band will release a "John Peel session style" album for digital download, called The London Sessions. The nine-song, live-in-the-studio record features renditions of a handful of hits and fan favorites taken from all three LCD Soundsystem albums, including "All My Friends," "Daft Punk is Playing at My House," "Us v. Them," "Drunk Girls," and more. After the band recorded all tracks in one day at the Pool/Miloco studios in South London on June 29, Murphy went on to mix the record at his DFA studio in NYC before mastering it with Shellac's Bob Weston in Chicago. The London Sessions will be available exclusively through iTunes until December 6. You can check out the full tracklist below.
                              01 Us V Them
                              02 All I Want
                              03 Drunk Girls
                              04 Get Innocuous
                              05 Daft Punk Is Playing at My House
                              06 All My Friends
                              07 Pow Pow
                              08 I Can Change
                              09 Yr City's a Sucker

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                                • Jun 2004

King Cannibal - 'The Way Of The Ninja'

King Cannibal aka Dylan Richards' 'The Way Of The Ninja' mix is 74 minutes and 250+ tracks blended, sliced, diced, torn up and finally rendered to audio. A lot of Ninja Tune classics, personal favourites, some slept on and a few exclusive acapellas and instrumentals - not only a Ninja Tune retrospective but the sound of King Cannibal's last 20 years.

Complete tracklisting and downloadable PDF of all 74 minutes and 250+ tracks at ninjatune.net/thewayoftheninja.

Available now on CD and MP3/WAV download, 'The Way Of The Ninja' is available from the Ninjashop. Early CD orders will also receive a high-quality, deluxe double-whiteboard 'The Way Of The Ninja' poster designed by Strictly Kev aka Openmind completely free. (UK only)

Ninjashop UK
                                Ninjashop US (CD only)

Comment

Working...