Incoming Livestream: Sasha & Guy J @ WMC 2015, Bayfront Park - Miami (27.03.2015)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gizze
    Gold Gabber
    • Jul 2010

Re: Incoming Livestream: Sasha & Guy J @ WMC 2015, Bayfront Park - Miami (27.03.2015)

In an interview last year or maybe the year before he said that when out he liked to be quite aggressive with the mixing, the crowd seemed to like it more, however that doesn't translate so well when you listen back.
    I sort of agree with the thought process, but it was the way he layered mixes that got him to where is his, and it was always a case of him trying to be as seamless as possible.

I wish he would spend more time trying to prep his sets these days, and spend more time getting the tunes sorted, it used to be every track was better than the last with Sasha, you would always be thinking 'How can it possibly get better than this??!!!" and now you are surprised when the next track is really good. Not the way it should be.

I just get the impression he doesn't listen to much new dance music himself.
    My Soundcloud page...
    GuyMiddleton's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Comment

• salami
      Platinum Poster
      • May 2008

Re: Incoming Livestream: Sasha & Guy J @ WMC 2015, Bayfront Park - Miami (27.03.2015)

Originally posted by D.Williams
      ^^^ I think your missing the point. You say Sasha doesn't need Digweed, but then right in the next sentience you demand that he NEEDs Charlie May to make another album. Lucan was just pointing out that you would never get that lazyness of levels out of digweed.
      I meant that on the DJ side he definitely doesn't need Digweed,
      but when it comes to producing, he cant go without Charlie, those two together create magic!!
      Lucan is right on point for the reason why JD & Sasha are apart.

BTW i think Sasha is performing better on small venues, i guess his tired of the pressure of those big ass festivals. Last year he played @ The Playground in Athens, i was blown away by the skill level and the quality tunes he was throwing one after another, he was smiling enjoying himself alot! they were many friends of his and people who knew its music, it was kinda a private party with almost 200 people, it was the best Sasha i've ever heard!!

Comment

• sbando
        Going back to Romford
        • Apr 2008

Maybe one of them is just a coked-up mess while the other's not.
        ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
        ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
        ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
        ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• yerg
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2006

^ I think that too, Sasha has always had that rep with drugs, and eventually it influenced his abilities, while Digweed has never been spotted, which means he actually cares about his health

Comment

• D.Williams
            Platinum Poster
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by sbando
            Maybe one of them is just a coked-up mess while the other's not.
            I think maybe your right

Comment

• salami
              Platinum Poster
              • May 2008

why i cant edit a comment any more ?

Comment

• D.Williams
                Platinum Poster
                • Aug 2006

Say what ya gotta say cause its there to stay

Comment

• unkle
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • Mar 2007

https://soundcloud.com/sashaofficial/sasha-live-ultra-resistance-day-1

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Feb 2009

Nothing mindblowing here but this is enjoyable imo.. keeper.

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Feb 2009

Btw i've just read the whole thread...

First of all, someone should put Evil to sleep peacefully asap.

Secondly... The bar is so high for someone like Sasha, who don't have a weekly show like Digweed or Hernan, that everyone, myself included, is expecting something incredible everytime new stuff from him comes to light.. Regular small dosis of Sasha would do him a favour and his live sharings would be much more appreciated.. imo.

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• D.Williams
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Aug 2006

DIDI would probably kill me for saying this but i dont care too much for Hernans radio show, or Digweeds for that matter. Now Martin Garcia Cabin pressure, that to me is how to do it... Every three months a solid 2 hour set. Would prefer Hernan and Digweed to do the same, but just like Jagger said "You can't always get what ya want"

Comment

• jay813
                          Platinum Poster
                          • May 2005

it must be the time of the month where everybody says the end is near for Sasha. Don't worry in a few weeks a new mix will drop where everyone then says how the man like is back.

I happen to like all of the creative changes Sasha has undergone in the last 10 years since I started seeing him live. I tend not to care about the bigger issue regarding legacy and his place in electronic music. I think that's what prevents me from getting overtly excited or disappointed with a particular mix. And as for Digweed- i think the knock on him is that he is TOO technical. yes he is a wizard and with the right tracks, he can not be beat but you can say the same for Sasha. Sasha tends to be on the vocal/emotional side, maybe not the most technical mixer but you know when he is playing because his track selection is always off the charts. you match sasha's ear with digweeds brain and you see why when together, they are unstoppable.

this is also why i enjoy Henry Saiz and Guy J, they are like the new S&D

Comment

• Hoff
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by jay813

this is also why i enjoy Henry Saiz and Guy J, they are like the new S&D

I don´t think that at all,

henry is a really far producer, ........ but is very far from having a flawless mixing

Comment

• Matt Black
                              Addiction started
                              • Nov 2004

The sound quality on Sashas set is terrible, you can hardly hear the first ten minutes
                              Matt Black

https://www.facebook.com/djmattblack/
                              Matt Black (@DJ_Matt_Black) | Twitter
                              https://soundcloud.com/djmattblack

Comment

• sbando
                                Going back to Romford
                                • Apr 2008

THE MASTER VOLUME WAS TOO LOW ! Until Sasha's tour manager turned it up.
                                ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                                ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                                ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
                                ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

Working...