Sasha - Live @ Streetrave (Colours), Glasgow (2.10.10)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ashley
    Getting warmed up
    • May 2010

Re: Sasha - Live @ Streetrave (Colours), Glasgow (2.10.10)

It's the original mix off the album release 'Of Ancestral Infernos And Lysergic Embers' on Archipel. As opposed to the single/EP release (2005 edit) which was also released on Cocoon.

Took me a little while to work out too.

Comment

• slatts69
      Getting Somewhere
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Ashley
      It's the original mix off the album release 'Of Ancestral Infernos And Lysergic Embers' on Archipel. As opposed to the single/EP release (2005 edit) which was also released on Cocoon.

Took me a little while to work out too.
      Where can one purchase this epic tune?!

Comment

• Ashley
        Getting warmed up
        • May 2010

Download and listen to new, exclusive, electronic dance music and house tracks. Available on mp3 and wav at the world’s largest store for DJs.

Comment

• slatts69
          Getting Somewhere
          • Nov 2007

Cheers!

Comment

• Beato
            Getting Somewhere
            • Jun 2004

my version of small pebbled forest does not sound the same at all, does not have the epic synth breakdown or epic synths on top, mine is just a minimal melodic song that is the same throughout for the most part

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

Track at 30 mins is sick! Surprising mix from Sasha.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Jesus@1
                Gold Gabber
                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Beato
                my version of small pebbled forest does not sound the same at all, does not have the epic synth breakdown or epic synths on top, mine is just a minimal melodic song that is the same throughout for the most part
                Edit??? or another track played over the top.

Comment

• slatts69
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Jesus@1
                  Edit??? or another track played over the top.
                  It's this version.
                  I bought it, but it doesn't seem to be mastered or something...
                  Download and listen to new, exclusive, electronic dance music and house tracks. Available on mp3 and wav at the world’s largest store for DJs.

Comment

• AndyCurry76
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by gizze
                    I'm loving the stuff he is playing at the moment, I was getting a bit bored of all the progressive stuff, was great in '95 but it has been pretty much the same for 15 years, advanced slightly but not really changed that much.
                    This is a much more sassy sound.

I guess when you are 40 you start to look for things that are a bit more musical?
                    I don't tend to go to all night parties anymore, if anything it is wine bars, and private functions, and for that sort of venue you want something a bit more sassy.

The stuff coming out of Stripped Records, the stuff Midland is churning out, and tunes from people like Guy Gerber, Four Tet and Mollono Bass has a nice tech feel but a bit more going on, and the tracks are awesome, but they are very different. In many ways it feels more like the eraly house tunes again, melodic but techy, before the progressive stuff hit.
                    That was the music that really gripped me, I went to the raves in the late 80's and loved it, but when I started hearing Sasha and Digweed dropping house tunes that is the time that gripped me, from '90 through to '95 was magical.

I have loved the later stuff too, but this is getting back to the roots of house.
                    God you could drop Funkatarium or Lion Rocks Lion Rock into one of these sets and no one would know it was a 17 year old tune.

I guess it depends on what you grew up with, if I had started clubbing in '99 I would probably think this stuff was crap.
                    Im with you all the way on this.

Comment

• salami
                      Platinum Poster
                      • May 2008

Sasha also played these @ Fabric can anyone please ID

i know am against the rools, but those tracks needs attention !

http://www.box.net/shared/mxhl0y0mu4 is this king unique ?

Thanks !.

Comment

• BuzzFuzz
                        Addiction started
                        • Feb 2007

Ryan Davis - In The Mirrors (Klangwelt, Berlin)

Comment

• salami
                          Platinum Poster
                          • May 2008

Thanks a lot BuzzFuzz, This Tune is quality !
                          enyone for this ID ? preview
                          Last edited by salami; December 13, 2010, 06:10:38 PM.

Comment

• Beato
                            Getting Somewhere
                            • Jun 2004

still no clue on the track around 71mins? we need to figure it out, its quality stuff. pure sasha style. possibly something forthcoming from Emfire? there hasnt been a release on that label since around invol2ver. Was it just a label like he said, "mostly tracks that we were experimenting with for invol2ver" or something along those lines, or does someone know if there are tracks scheduled to come out on Emfire? And whats this rumour i keep hearing that sasha will be doing a fabric cd??

Comment

• salami
                              Platinum Poster
                              • May 2008

Re: Beato http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...l=1#post914685

Comment

• Beato
                                Getting Somewhere
                                • Jun 2004

track @ 67 mins reminds me kind of that one guy gerber track that was released on bedorock without the vocals that everyone was after for a while (cant remember the name, thought it had the words Knights, or Columbus in the title) that had the vocals that diggers was dropping....just has that same vibe to me....anyones thoughts? and anyone remember the guy gerber remix im talking about and know wether or not the vocal version was ever made available as a bootleg to get ahold of?

Comment

Working...