Where is nsync? Come on
10 non techno albums of the '90's
Collapse
X
-
Re: 10 non techno albums of the '90's
Where is nsync? Come onOriginally posted by ShpiraSo came back last night...
Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....
All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
Originally posted by IlluminateLet me get this straight.
So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:
1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...
Am I close here? -
Re: 10 non techno albums of the '90's
Thought of these while getting ripped:
DJ Shadow: Endtroducing
Massive Attack: Mezzanine
Tricky: Maxinquaye
Everything But The Girl:ETBG
Cocteau Twins: Blue Bell Knoll
The Fugees: The Fugees
Beck: Mellow Gold
Dr. Dre: The Chronic
Public Enemy: Fear of a Black Planet
Mudhoney: MudhoneyOriginally posted by ShpiraSo came back last night...
Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....
All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
Originally posted by IlluminateLet me get this straight.
So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:
1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...
Am I close here?Comment
-
Re: 10 non techno albums of the '90's
So we've done the albums, but what about the music videos. I think in the MTV generation (back when they use to only do music videos and Beavis & Butthead) was all about recording those cool videos on your VHS tapes during the wonderful era of the 90's.
Keeping it to one:
Yeah I was pretty young when this came out, but when I watch this for the 1000th time I finally understand what the 90's was about. Shooting pool and watching Sonic Youth.
The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
Sbando - You Will Be Missed.
"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."Feather
"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
Bob"i'd give her a muscle she doesn't havethe banned1
"
"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."KiwiTollway
Comment
-
Re: 10 non techno albums of the '90's
So much Nirvana but only one reference to Nevermind?! Here's mine in no particular order - and of course I'm including Nirvana as well.
51UraK0OgJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
51l2kFk6CnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
foo-fighters-foo-fighters-cd-cover-1293.jpg
blood.jpg
039big.jpg
87b5a2053baafe1b3e9695304318d81991f7ffc4.jpg
51RpKf9APDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Megadeth-Rust-in-Peace-300.jpg
Portishead-thumb-479x479-59107.jpg
cover_2051101152008.jpgComment
-
Re: 10 non techno albums of the '90's
Here's mine from the 90ties but that's no particular priority or ordered list...loved everything from these bands, also most other albums they made.
Tool - Aenima
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese dream
Faith No More - Angel Dust
Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger

Monster Magnet - Spine of God

Stone Temple pilots - Core
Pearl Jam - Ten
The Jesus and Mary Chain - The Peel sessions
New Model Army - BBC radio 1 live in concert
Danzig - Danzig II Luzifuge
Comment
-
Re: 10 non techno albums of the '90's
James: Wah-Wah
Front 242: Tyranny (For You)
TOOL: Aenima/Undertow
Mazzy Star: So Tonight That I Might See
Revolting Cocks: Linger Ficking Good
King Missile: Happy Hour
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magic
Parliment-Funkadelic: Music For Your Mother: Funkadelic 45s
Radiohead: Pablo Honey
The Velvet Underground & Nico: Peel Slowly and See“Only those who attempt the absurd...will achieve the impossible. I think...I think it's in my basement... Let me go upstairs and check.” - MC EscherComment
-
Re: 10 non techno albums of the '90's
i was wondering when kiff and tom were gonna add their .02!
nice choicesDon't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.
"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment
-
Re: 10 non techno albums of the '90's
Tool - Aenima
James - Wah-Wah
Blind Melon - Soup
Pearl Jam - Ten
Nirvana - Nevermind
Afghan Whigs - Gentlemen
Snoop Dog - Doggystyle
Jeff Buckley - Grace
Radiohead - Pablo Honey\Bends\Ok Computer
Sublime - Sublime
almost made it but released in 2000, Placebo - Black Market Music. Honorable mentions: Sunny Day Real Estate - Diary, Stone Roses - Second Coming, Bill Hicks Cd's and almost everything out of Seattle (Sub Pop for the win).
**edit - how did I forget Portishead?Comment
-
Re: 10 non techno albums of the '90's
Wu Tang Clan - Enter the 36 Chambers
Ol' Dirty Bastard - Return To The 36 Chambers
Public Enemy - Apocalypse 91 - The Enemy Strikes Black
3rd Bass - The Cactus CD
EPMD - Unfinished Business
Ghostface Killah - Ironman
Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Links
Ice Cube - Amerikkka's Most Wanted
Beastie Boys - Hello Nasty
The Goats - Tricks of the ShadeComment
-
-
Re: 10 non techno albums of the '90's
Primal Scream_Vanishing Point (1997)
Beck_Odelay (1996)
R.E.M_Automatic For The People (1992)
Beastie Boys_Hello Nasty (1998 )
Prince & The New Power Generation_Diamonds & Pearls (1991)
Sade_Love Deluxe (1992)
Pulp_Different Class (1995)
Archive_Londinium (1996)
Dead Can Dance_Toward Within (1994)
Public Enemy_Fear Of A Black Planet (1990)Comment
-
Re: 10 non techno albums of the '90's
jesus, jon you where digging deep to pull this thread back!Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.
"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment
-
Re: 10 non techno albums of the '90's
John loves the revivals.
The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
Sbando - You Will Be Missed.
"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."Feather
"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
Bob"i'd give her a muscle she doesn't havethe banned1
"
"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."KiwiTollway
Comment
-
Re: 10 non techno albums of the '90's
I just googled "mercuryserver.com: 90's rock albums" because I'd forgotten the title, but it came up in my search anyway. This thread is a good one, you don't mind do you Jamey?
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,212
Posts: 1,238,528
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment