James Holden and Cocoon
Collapse
X
-
Re: James Holden and Cocoon
I will start uncountable lawnmovers and maybe...only maybe I will do the Twist.Originally posted by chemicalbeavisgonna kick off those slippers and throw your zimmer to one side eh Tom? get out and show those youngsters how you did it back in the 80's!
Comment
-
Re: James Holden and Cocoon
urgh. Holden has jumped on the electro bandwagon, too? I'm supposed to go see him at Spirit in a few weeks. I'm glad for the warning.Originally posted by KineticI had heard about this.
I read an interview with producer Chab (most of you probably know the name), who said he had become tired of Progressive House and was now into acid and electro, and that he had recently seen a great James Holden set where he played nothing but tech-house, acid and electro.
I was a bit surprised myself.Comment
-
Re: James Holden and Cocoon
I'll go. I've never seen him headline before. I'm curious to see what he'll do with a long set.Originally posted by Jenks^The sound holden is playing, he has been playing long before the helmets jumped on the bandwagon. He's been playing some slamming techno. I definitely wouldn't miss the show.Comment
-
Re: James Holden and Cocoon
I don't think Holden plays anywhere near the electro garbage that the others are playing. I think they just threw in the word electro to help describe some of the quirky tunes he likes to pull out."If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004
Comment
-
Re: James Holden and Cocoon
that's likely ... it just scared me for a secondOriginally posted by SyntaxTerrorI don't think Holden plays anywhere near the electro garbage that the others are playing. I think they just threw in the word electro to help describe some of the quirky tunes he likes to pull out.
although I heard a set from Shake in Jan or Feb from this year that I felt was extremely boring and minimal.
Comment
-
Re: James Holden and Cocoon
I didn't hear any electro influence in his set...good mixture of Tech House with a Progressive touch in between here and there. He kept the ball rolling from the start till the end of his 3 hours set and I had a great night. BTW, it was nice to meet you Subside. (in case you've seen this thread) :PComment
-
Comment
-
Re: James Holden and Cocoon
It'd be nice to hear them both together. James is coming around with Eddie Halliwell real soon. Sven would be much better.Comment
-
Re: James Holden and Cocoon
that's an interesting combo...I'd love to see them together. Start a review thread???
I saw Holden in Barcelona on New Years and he was all over the techy/electro/sideswiping beats. Way different than I'd heard him spin a year back where he was progressive progressive progressive. It was nice to see him evolving, finding his voice, if you will.
But I fell in love with his progressive stuff when he started out...kinda makes me sad that he's not playing it anymore.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,523
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment