mercuryserver progressive culture • est. 2002 TRY THE NEWHORIZON BETALIVE READ-ONLY PREVIEW ↗

Oldschool Computer Games...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mr.Big
    Platinum Poster
    • Nov 2004
    • 1390

    #16
    Re: Oldschool Computer Games...

    Originally posted by AndyH
    California Games was also a classic..
    haha that game was so crap.. do u remember the hackey sack event.. boring..zzz

    mario and sonic ruled the systems back in the day..
    www.twitter.com/mikeoreilly
    Pimps up Hoes down.

    Comment

    • AndyH
      Platinum Poster
      • May 2005
      • 1786

      #17
      Re: Oldschool Computer Games...

      It was only crap once you had mastered it imo. The surfing, frisbee and BMXing was great fun I seem to remember
      [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

      Comment

      • Yao
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004
        • 8176

        #18
        Re: Oldschool Computer Games...

        Test drive, Stunt drive, Day of the tentacle, Prince of persia, ummm....fuck, I've played a lot but forgot most of them. Lemmings too of course...
        Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

        There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

        Comment

        • harry ramsden
          Wanna play sudoko with me?
          • Jun 2004
          • 467

          #19
          Re: Oldschool Computer Games...

          Originally posted by johns
          there was also this ku fu one can't remember the name
          you talking about way of the exploding fist?
          classic

          Comment

          • DJJEFFJONES
            Platinum Poster
            • Nov 2005
            • 2110

            #20
            Re: Oldschool Computer Games...

            Oregon Trail ver 5 link!

            I am at work so I have no Idea if this download works or not... Hope it does for some memories later tonight!

            That page could not be found. Search GameFools or browse our most popular PC and online games.
            http://www.idgafclothing.com

            Comment

            • nbpgt
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004
              • 1045

              #21
              Re: Oldschool Computer Games...

              i dont remember any of them, but started out on cpus with a commadore.

              Comment

              • picklemonkey
                Double hoodie beer monster
                • Jun 2004
                • 15380

                #22
                Re: Oldschool Computer Games...

                Originally posted by Yao
                Test drive, Stunt drive, Day of the tentacle, Prince of persia, ummm....fuck, I've played a lot but forgot most of them. Lemmings too of course...
                DAY OF THE TENTACLE!

                that was the pimpest game ever. that, and Sam & Max Hit the Road. I actually found them last year and re-played it... I should play them again. Full Throttle wins Runner Up prize.

                also played a lot of the Commander Keens and Kings Quests way back in the day.

                Comment

                • pdowney
                  Addiction started
                  • Jun 2004
                  • 326

                  #23
                  Re: Oldschool Computer Games...

                  I think the first games I played were on the TRS-80 around 1980. Probably a version of Space Invaders or Asteroid.

                  On my cousin's Apple II we played Decathlon.

                  I played many games on the Atari 2600. I seem to remember Space Invaders, Defender and other shooting games. Between the other kids on the street, we had quite a few.

                  I had a Colecovision with Ms. Pacman, Donkey Kong and Zaxxon.

                  My friend down the street had a C64. I remember a 2-player motorcycle game was our favourite, probably because it had wicked music too.

                  In the arcade: before high school I played Ms. Pacman, Pacman, Galaga, Space Invaders, Frogger, Dig Dug, Centipede. In high school I moved into fighting games, I remember lots of ninja-based games, and a four-player wizards and warlocks type of game. I think it was the first four-player. Can't remember the name. Anybody? Would have been around 1988.
                  Philip

                  Comment

                  • peloquin
                    Till I Come!
                    • Jun 2004
                    • 8644

                    #24
                    Re: Oldschool Computer Games...

                    earthworm jim too.

                    Comment

                    • pacific493
                      Getting warmed up
                      • Jun 2004
                      • 99

                      #25
                      Re: Oldschool Computer Games...

                      My early faves were:

                      MS Decathalon
                      MS Adventure (I think that was the name for the text based adventure game)
                      Sammy Lightfoot
                      Karateka
                      Castle Wolfenstein (the original)

                      Comment

                      • palmer
                        Retired or Simply Important
                        • Jun 2004
                        • 5388

                        #26
                        Re: Oldschool Computer Games...

                        California games
                        Karnov
                        Zak McCracken and the Alien Mindbenders
                        Monkey Island
                        Zork
                        ░░░▒ todayistomorrow™
                        ░░░▒ art direction | design | animation

                        Comment

                        • DJJEFFJONES
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Nov 2005
                          • 2110

                          #27
                          Re: Oldschool Computer Games...

                          Dig Dug!!!

                          http://www.idgafclothing.com

                          Comment

                          • BSully828
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004
                            • 1221

                            #28
                            Re: Oldschool Computer Games...

                            This whole thread is one big blast from the past.

                            Some of my favorites, in no particular order:









                            Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;
                            a sense of humor to console him for what he is.

                            Comment

                            • Funky Dredd
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • May 2005
                              • 3704

                              #29
                              Re: Oldschool Computer Games...

                              Track & Field
                              Donkey Kong Jr
                              Donkey Kong
                              Pac Man
                              Star Wars
                              Q-Bert
                              Gauntlet
                              Joust

                              and i am sure many more, just can't remember them.
                              Mutations presents Change The Music

                              Mutations (original show)

                              Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds



                              Comment

                              • DJJEFFJONES
                                Platinum Poster
                                • Nov 2005
                                • 2110

                                #30
                                Re: Oldschool Computer Games...

                                TAPPER!! I totaly forgot about that game... No wonder I have such a drinking problem now!



                                I always liked Joust, my father and I use to play it all the time!
                                http://www.idgafclothing.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                  THE DOOROCTA PLAYER
                                  Enter the full venue ↗