thank god my car has a tape player. they will have better solutions soon (most new cars seem to be moving towards it), i just want to use aux cables...
iPods and FM Transmitters
Collapse
X
-
Re: iPods and FM Transmitters
thank god my car has a tape player. they will have better solutions soon (most new cars seem to be moving towards it), i just want to use aux cables... -
Re: iPods and FM Transmitters
Jack connection systems are crap imo. I got me one of those Griffin toys as well, but mine is an iTrip Dock LCD. Quite happy about it: the quality is good and as for the interference: 88.1 is the best frequency overhere. For the one area where there's a station broadcasting on that frequency, I've programmed a back up on my car radio.Originally posted by Corvenim using a griffin roadtrip for my car ... uses dock connection as well
used to own a jack connection belkin fm transmitter but that was pure garbage
Plus I use it at home as well on my stereo, clock radio, ... I'm lovin' it!

Comment
-
Re: iPods and FM Transmitters
I ran a headphone spliced into two RCAs from my car dash under my radio through my center console into a 2-port RCA switch, then straight back into my amp. I just press a button to switch between mp3 player or car audio... I haven't noticed any loss of quality on my car stereo, and the mp3 player sounds much better than when I used a transmitterComment
-
Re: iPods and FM Transmitters
if you use fm transmitter you are suseptable to interferance, plain and simple. i had pretty good reception on my itrip. but to get the best possible sound to your speakers it has to be a hardwire connection. some stereos have an auxiliary input. if you do not have an aux input then you can spend (wastefully) alot of money on a connecting box that will run you at least100 bucks and up. not worth it, imo. now that my car stereo has been stolen the other day, i am now getting a new alpine stereo that has direct controls on the head unit for the ipod, all i have to pay for it is a $30 cable.problem solved. at least for me.Comment
-
Re: iPods and FM Transmitters
might be better off looking up your stereo (factory-made?) and see if there's an extra/aux input on it...then get someone to just plug in the proper cable and run it down and out by one of the side panels inside....then plug the iPod directly into that instead.FM
"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers
What record did you loose your virginity to?
"I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan
Download/Listen To My Mixes
Facebook!
A Journey Into Sound On MCast
Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.Comment
-
Re: iPods and FM Transmitters
gonna continue to use my Sony Connecting Tape and buy this little sucker
www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: iPods and FM Transmitters
Nice link, thx for the tipOriginally posted by Kamalgonna continue to use my Sony Connecting Tape and buy this little sucker
http://www.xtrememac.com/chargers/car_charger.php
Now let's see... I need a cig lighter thingie for my PDA, one for my cellphone, one for my iPod, ... Euhm Houston, we have a problem...
(especially cuz I want to buy a Volvo S60 and those lighters are optional with Volvo these days, draggggggggggggg)
Comment
-
Re: iPods and FM Transmitters
^^^^^ Here you go

Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.




Comment