Any clues ?
Nightmare vista uninstall
Collapse
X
-
Nightmare vista uninstall
So I finally got sick of how slow my PC was working thanks to Vista and decided to roll back to XP, but for the LIFE of me I cant get XP setup to load when I reboot. I tried XP / Windows 2003 / Windows XP MCE, none of the setups will load when the machine boots. I only get the "Press any key to boot from cd" option if the Vista OS CD is in the DVD ROM. Everything else fails.
Any clues ?www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meTags: None -
Re: Nightmare vista uninstall
Uh ohhhhh...I wouldn't upset Vista. Vista is God. It has become jealous it has...I have had Windows Vista Home and havn't really noticed much of a difference other then it messing up some of my games and more security. -
Re: Nightmare vista uninstall
weird, vista works awesome with me! what kind of hardware specs u have?
did you installed a torrent version of vista? or you actually bought the product?... in any case some hacks and cracks can cause stabilty issues
-try going to the bios and change the boot preference to boot from cd not from DVD if that doesn't work then...
why dont you check for a solution here...
http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showforum=194
this geeks KNOW EVERYTHING seriouslyComment
-
Re: Nightmare vista uninstall
Hey thanks for that, I like Vista more now by the minute. All I had to do was run my games as a administrator and I figured out how to view my windows in 3d. I only have a gig of memory. Probably need to get another one.Comment
-
Re: Nightmare vista uninstall
i don't know if the neowin forums helped but ati and nvidia are releasing new drivers this week for vista so be ready.
on a side not i disabled user account control.. its the most annoying feature EVER
Comment
-
Re: Nightmare vista uninstall
I wouldn't bother with a roll back. Just reformat the fucker and put XP back on.Comment
-
Re: Nightmare vista uninstall
Thats what I am trying but it only seems to give me the option to boot from cd when the Vista DVD is in the damn player.....www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: Nightmare vista uninstall
So what happens if you tried to boot up with a WinXP install CD?
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: Nightmare vista uninstall
Nothing, it skips right past the DVD and starts loading vista. But if I insert the Vista DVD and hit reset, it'll reboot but this time I get the "Press any key to boot from CD" optionwww.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: Nightmare vista uninstall
use the fdisk command ( or fdisc maybe, i never get the spelling right lol )
edit: oh something else, if when u put the xp disk in and it says invalid system disc then open the drive and close the drive and it should boot up the xp discComment
-
Re: Nightmare vista uninstall
it doesnt read ANY drive on boot up other than the Vista Disk. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to create a boot up floppy and fdisk the drive out. But I cant understand how/why even after setting the boot sequence to load from the DVD Rom, why would it ignore the others Operating Systems and only give the boot option for Vista. I mean even if Vista has changed the BOOTLDR, is that a setting in the BIOS ?www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: Nightmare vista uninstall
havnt a clue, why dont u just remove the hd from that comp stick it in one of ur others and format it using that ?
Comment
-
Re: Nightmare vista uninstall
I'm gonna try and create a boot diskette and try with that.www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: Nightmare vista uninstall
that should work, bit screwed if ur like me and dont have floppy disc anymore lol
thank god for old 98 disks
Comment
-
Re: Nightmare vista uninstall
Kamal, ever heard of a thingie called EBCD (Emergency Boot CD)? Chech it out, has always worked like a charm for me: http://ebcd.pcministry.com/Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,523
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment