X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ubiqe
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

yahoo mail

Anybody using it? Yesterday they upgraded it from 6 mb to ( ) a tiny 100. Quite a change. The only problem is I was almost unable to access my inbox whole day. Couldn't even activate my account on [ms] Hope it gets better today.
  • pretence
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

yeah! tis working properly again today. impressive upgrade.

Comment

• razvan
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

They upgraded due to the 1GB Email Accounts that Google provides via GMail.
      If only free yaho would provide POP3 access ...
      "I don't know what will be used in the next world war, but the 4th will be fought with stones."

Comment

• Slim
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jun 2004

yeah the new limit is awesome, but once you get used to it it'll seem like nothing.

anyone actually use gmail? hotmail's 2mb is now a joke.
        "just when i think i'm out, they...pull me back in"

Comment

• razvan
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

Before you get mad about Gmail read this:
          "I don't know what will be used in the next world war, but the 4th will be fought with stones."

Comment

• kirk
            Fresh Peossy
            • Jun 2004

Upgrade

Yeah i got the same upgrade the other day aswell, quality

Comment

• Slim
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by razvan
              Before you get mad about Gmail read this:
              http://www.gmail-is-too-creepy.com
              thanks for the read. don't know if its all true but interesting read anyways. :wink:
              "just when i think i'm out, they...pull me back in"

Comment

• shadowchaser
                Fresh Peossy
                • Jun 2004

yahoo rules

Comment

• ubiqe
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

I was never up for gmail - I don't think I really need 1gb of storage, not now at least. And was always in doubt with their privacy policy. Now all is clear. I'm sticking to yahoo. Has anybody checked if the number of attachments has increased? That's the thing that was always annoying me the most. It would be stupid if you were limited to 3 files only with 10mb of possible size.

Comment

• razvan
                    Addiction started
                    • Jun 2004

The max size of the attachements has changed ... This i know for sure.

Comment

• MJDub
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jun 2004

Well hell I get 700 mb from my ISP so I'm in no need of Yayhoo.
                      http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• brakada
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jun 2004

Damn, I have enough trouble with cleaning my 40 MB mail account and I definitely wouldn't want anything bigger. Maybe to send all the larger files over mail, but still there are other things for that...
                        We shall boldly dance, where no man has danced before..."

Comment

• arielus
                          He's back, in Pog form
                          • Jun 2004

i just signed up for a gmail account :P

i don't care what they do with my mails.. i use it for trash anyway
                          http://www.myspace.com/hernancattaneo
                          http://www.facebook.com/hernancattaneo
                          http://www.soundcloud.com/hernancattaneo

Comment

• MJDub
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jun 2004

That's the spirit! :P
                            http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• pdowney
                              Addiction started
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Slim
                              yeah the new limit is awesome, but once you get used to it it'll seem like nothing.

anyone actually use gmail? hotmail's 2mb is now a joke.
                              I've been using gmail for about a month now. It's quite good, especially for mailing lists where threads get discussed over a few days. The way they sort and lay it out on screen is really good.

It seems to be working slower as more people sign up.
                              Philip

Comment

Working...