If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
I think back to when this came out in 89. I was into some of the rap, pop, r&b thing. This track combined all of these things, as well as a lot of synth and electronic beat styles. I think it was one of the most eye opening tracks for me.
Some runner up tunes would be
Prodigy 'out of space'
Orbital 'are we here'
Captain Hollywood project 'more and more'
How bout yawl?
Last edited by djsethnichols; July 10, 2008, 09:31:36 PM.
Reason: mis-acronymed
i actually started listening to EDM by way of pretty cheesy trance which i can't bear to listen to now. then i got ahold of sander's nubreed and nick warren's budapest GU and started progressing to more underground. luckily i moved to atlanta and steve sorted me out real quick with proper underground. don't think there's a chance i'd ever stop listening to EDM now. thanks steve!
Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?
To tell you the truth where I grew up (Northeast Ohio) EDM was almost non existant. Seem liked all the clubs played 80's cheese music.....so i didnt even really hear EDM untill I moved to Florida and a coworker (djsinbox on ms) gave me copy of that 90's Sasha/Digweed Renaissance 3cd set to listen too.
I was instantly hooked and now almost listen exclusevly to EDM
Tbh...The "Rave til Dawn" cd..So lame, but, that's what did it...
Wow, blast from the past!
I was listening to a lot of synth-pop and synth-rock in the late 80's/early 90's -- stuff like New Order, Ministry, NIN, KMFDM, Front 242, MLWTTKK, Skinny Puppy, etc. Note sure exactly when I started to get in to EDM specifically because it was just sort of a natural transition to add EDM into the fold. It was probably something cheeseball like 2 Unlimited's "Twilight Zone," Human Resource's "Dominator," The Movement's "Jump," or LA Style's "James Brown is Dead." Tough to listen to that stuff now, but every now and again I'll pop in Praga Khan's "Injected With a Poison" or Apotheosis' "O Fortuna" for old time's sake. Lots of great memories associated with those tracks (which I'll spare you) .
I was listening to a lot of synth-pop and synth-rock in the late 80's/early 90's -- stuff like New Order, Ministry, NIN, KMFDM, Front 242, MLWTTKK, Skinny Puppy, etc. Note sure exactly when I started to get in to EDM specifically because it was just sort of a natural transition to add EDM into the fold.
+1. The stand out c.d that really got me into edm was Sasha and Digweeds Communicate c.d. I think my eyes popped out of my head when I heard that for the first time at a photographers studio. I ran out and got that c.d right after the job was done and the rest is history!!
Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....
Kraftwerk: Tour De France, Afrika Bambatta: Planet Rock/World Destruction, Art of Noise: Close to the Edit/Beatbox, could probably throw in Tom Tom Club: Genuis of Love, Malcom Maclaran's: Buffalo Gals, Egyptian Lover: Egyptian Lover, Detroit Techno, Chicago House, FSOL, The Orb, Aphex Twin, Banco De Gaia, Psykcik Warriors of Gaia, Wagon Christ, Sabres of Paradise, 808 State, Larry Levan, Steve Silk, Junior Vazquez Laurent Garnier, why not throw Madonna in as well if you mixed a dance track of her's back in the day it pretty much made you legit. New Order, DM, Pet Shop Boys, Erasure, OMD, and so many others.
Originally posted by Shpira
So came back last night...
Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....
All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
Originally posted by Illuminate
Let me get this straight.
So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:
1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...
I Listened to alot of NIN back in the day.The first full on dance track for me was probably Robert Miles- Children. I had alot of the cheesie Compilations back in the day. MDMA mixed by Anthony Acid & DJ Scribble. I had and still have alot of the old Ministry of Sound "The Annuals" Ferry Corsten's Trance Nation's on MOS. Alot of Random mix compilations that I have no idea who mixed. Alot Of The Twisted Records.Basically all these got me into EDM. I also was into Brooklyn Bounce, La Bouche, Ice MC, alot of HI-NRG Trance.
" Darkness Imprisioning Me
All That I See
Absolute Horror
I Cannot Live
I Cannot Die
Trapped In Myself
Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment