I know people can sue if they slip on your icy sidewalk, but to me this seems like one step further because there is no reason for a stranger to touch a campaign sign unless he/she is going to tamper with it. Tampering with a campaign sign is not only either theft or destruction of property and trespassing, but also violates frist amendment free speech rights. So any attorneys out there or anyone else have any opinion on this?
Booby-Trap Campaign Sign with Razorblades?
Collapse
X
-
Booby-Trap Campaign Sign with Razorblades?
Is it a good idea (legally) if done on my own property? Last night I suffered destruction of a sign.

I know people can sue if they slip on your icy sidewalk, but to me this seems like one step further because there is no reason for a stranger to touch a campaign sign unless he/she is going to tamper with it. Tampering with a campaign sign is not only either theft or destruction of property and trespassing, but also violates frist amendment free speech rights. So any attorneys out there or anyone else have any opinion on this?I like your Christ.
I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
Mahatma GandhiTags: None -
Re: Booby-Trap Campaign Sign with Razorblades?
Do you know who did it???The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan -
Re: Booby-Trap Campaign Sign with Razorblades?
Probably college kids. I live in a college town and the bars are like 2 blocks away so needless to say every weekend (Th-Sat) there's a lot of foot traffic. I think I actually saw the kids who did it last night (but couldn't ID any face - it was dark), but didn't realize they had done anything until noon today when I picked up the pieces of the sign.
I feel like this is a stupid question. Part of me really wants to do it
, but am afraid there could be monetary liability if someone gets cut up.
It just pisses me off that I cannot just have a sign in the yard.
I like your Christ.
I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
Mahatma GandhiComment
-
Re: Booby-Trap Campaign Sign with Razorblades?
No, you cannot do that any more than you could legally chase them down with razor blades if you were there at the time. Protecting yourself is one thing, but that would be excessive force in the protection of property.Comment
-
Re: Booby-Trap Campaign Sign with Razorblades?
Thanks Toasty. Thought about laminating a sign and then pouring vegetable oil all over it and maybe adding some axle grease to the metal legs just to annoy the fuck out of the bastards next time it happens. If I can't defeat them, at least I can wreck their clothing and make 'em take a bath, hehe.I like your Christ.
I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
Mahatma GandhiComment
-
Re: Booby-Trap Campaign Sign with Razorblades?
ummmm............yeah I'm gonna say negative on the razor blades.mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslavComment
-
Re: Booby-Trap Campaign Sign with Razorblades?
I hadn't looked at that title properly
Noooooooo !!!
The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never DiesOriginally posted by TheVrkit IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than HernanComment
-
Re: Booby-Trap Campaign Sign with Razorblades?
You could try something like this:
McCain Fan Electrifies Little Boys Who Are On His Lawn (via Wonkette)Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,208
Posts: 1,238,519
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 33
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment