i was looking for something a little more accurate than a whole bpm which the cdj already has
BPM Counter
Collapse
X
-
Can anyone suggest a bpm counter that you could attach to a mixer with two cdjs that would be accurate to at least 0.1 bmps??
i was looking for something a little more accurate than a whole bpm which the cdj already hasTags: None -
Re: BPM Counter
or you can get the BPM's off something like Traktor. That's how i do my BPM computations before spinning the cd's out.Comment
-
Re: BPM Counter
before I started doing it in my computer, I used to just use the DJM600 BPM on it. And that worked great for me.Comment
-
Re: BPM Counter
I don't even need a bpm counter anymore...it takes like 30 seconds to get it perfect...although I find tractor very useful for determining the consistency of the track...i.e. if I can just leave it be or I have to be on top of the mix at all times...I used the bpm counters on the cdj's to begin with and I found them to be very precise and useful...later when I got the 1200's I learned to mix without them very quickly... I didn't even know that you can get separate bp counters lol
Traktor is defenatly the cheapest option if you have a laptopThe Idiots ARE Winning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
SOBRIETY MIXComment
-
Comment
-
Re: BPM Counter
just ride the edge of the whole bpm on your cdj's ... easy as thatComment
-
Re: BPM Counter
Unless you're using it to set up metadata on your files/cds or doing a live PA with hardware (i.e., if you're just DJing), stop being a lazy-ass cheat and just use your ears and hands.
mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslavComment
-
Re: BPM Counter
Mix in key and don't worry about the bpm
not that i do it lol.
Comment
-
Re: BPM Counter
For great mixing is the BPM counter with 0.1 accuracy very nice, but personally I want to get rid of it !
My opinion is that I have to practise and practise to match it perfectly myself. Maybe it's a bit old fashion, but I think a good dj has to do it with his own hands."Computer games don’t affect kids: I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."Comment
-
Re: BPM Counter
couldnt agree more.Comment
-
Re: BPM Counter
Guys, I don't believe you help to the initial question by replying out of topic or by pretending you are more experts than the guy who asks for help...
Sticking on topic, Traktor has an accurate beatcounter as soon as the track is fully loaded and read by it.
BUT, since you wanna stick on the hardware part and since you want to chain the device between CDJs and mixer, then please take some time to check on the following links:
http://www.thomann.de/gr/behringer_beat800.htm (In case you want something cheap and dual BPM capable, but does not display on .1 range)
Then you go to other solutions like the following:
(verify that there is a line input and not only a microphone input, or embedded microphone only, as well as line output for the chaining)
Another and much more expensive solution is to go for a voice/effects processor or analyzer, but this solution may cost way to much.
Now regarding the "ear and hands solution" that is already mentioned by some fellows above... Please believe me that nobody started counting by himself and proved to be so accurate, so until you reach to that level, the most accurate and economic solution for practising, is Traktor.
You play the track you learn to count and you see what Traktor says and in between you will learn to balance your counting and match Traktor's counting. I really don't know your experience level and this is why I just mentioned this simple example.
And if you want my personal opinion, I agree with scifi pi and jeffrey collins.
I hope I helped you
Panoulix.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.




Comment