If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Why can't men give birth??????? My wife's a couple of weeks off dropping our 3rd. I wouldn't fooking want to give birth!
No,nor would I - I'm pointing out that men and women are different - there are things that it is impossible for men to do and vice versa - there are also things that men are generally better at doing than women and vice versa.
I'm not a catholic myself,so I'm not trying to stick up for them, I'm just trying to explain that just because a religion has different roles for men and different roles for women doesn't automatically make it sexist!
Maybe a better way to have phrased my question would have been: Why is it only women that have to endure the pain of childbirth?
By the nature of women they are capable of being bishops no pysical problem there, only some old man in rome won't allow it. IMO he's scared of the compertion for his job!!
By the nature of women they are capable of being bishops no pysical problem there, only some old man in rome won't allow it. IMO he's scared of the compertion for his job!!
And so we finally get to the nature of religion. It started as a way to explain things that mankind had no way of understanding, then became a way of achieving power and status.
An ounce of image is worth a pound of performance.
MercuryServer uses account information, forum content, cookies and technical records to operate the community. Our privacy notice explains public posts, private communications, the TOTM connection and your choices.
Please read the notice before using member features. This acknowledgement does not waive your privacy rights or authorise unrelated tracking.
Comment