If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
I know nobody gives a fuck, but can a moderator please tell me again why I'm branded as infamous when all I've done here at ms is to post mixes and stuff and donate the occasional euro? Just out of curiousity.
Of course we give an eff! No self-flagellation, sir. I've actually read in prior discussions here that an "infamous" branding shouldn't be taken anymore negatively than that of one whose reputation is beyond repute. I have no idea how you reached your present state...but I've added to your rep (in the traditional reputation boosting clickage) at every opportunity.
Ok, last OT. I know that, I just don't get why you (ms) maintain a "rep system" when any idiot can stop by and call good users names - anonymously. It's not that I'm confusing this with real life, it's just that it really annoys me to no end!! I've been on the Interwebz for 12 years now and it always baffles me how you can post something meaninful 100 times and no one cares then someone stops by, utters some nonsense and everybody claps.
I know nobody gives a fuck, but can a moderator please tell me again why I'm branded as infamous when all I've done here at ms is to post mixes and stuff and donate the occasional euro? Just out of curiousity.
Originally posted by TomTom
Three elements are taking care of rep:
1. Board related triggers like for example numbers of threads started or being registered here since x days (rep can only go up through board related triggers)
2. Users agreeing and disagreeing with your postings (rep can go up and down)
3. [ms] crew fucking with you. Easy rule: our points go up, yours go down. Exceptions granted.
The higher your number of rep is (be it negative or positive) the more small boxes you will see under your post count and the color changes depending on if it's good or bad rep. Also the descripton of your reputation changes depending on the amount of good or bad rep you have. You can check that out if you hover your mouse over the boxes from different member profiles.
why is it anonymous? not that the rep thing means or does anything, but if someone leaves a comment there, you should be able to see who the person is.
jus sayin
MercuryServer uses account information, forum content, cookies and technical records to operate the community. Our privacy notice explains public posts, private communications, the TOTM connection and your choices.
Please read the notice before using member features. This acknowledgement does not waive your privacy rights or authorise unrelated tracking.
Comment