I showed my brother the thumbnails you had posted (he does music for film and television), and he freaked when he some of the gear there.
my girlfriend had these in her basement...
Collapse
X
-
Re: my girlfriend had these in her basement...
I showed my brother the thumbnails you had posted (he does music for film and television), and he freaked when he some of the gear there. -
Re: my girlfriend had these in her basement...
i'd like to know what each of those pieces do, some are obvious, some are not, and what their monetary value are...
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: my girlfriend had these in her basement...
I hope you stick with her for a long time now
FM
"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers
What record did you loose your virginity to?
"I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan
Download/Listen To My Mixes
Facebook!
A Journey Into Sound On MCast
Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.Comment
-
Re: my girlfriend had these in her basement...
daymmmz, that would be my wet dream like 10 years ago.
that juno and sh101 looks mint! take good care of them and the se1Comment
-
Re: my girlfriend had these in her basement...
here's a basic rundown of what they are by pic...
1: Yamaha rs7000 sequencer/effects unit.
2: yamaha mixer
3: yamaha rm1x sequencer/synth/sample unit
4: behringer mixer
5: Novation Bass Station...there's two of them on top. Not sure why there's two..but hey the more the merrier. This is an analogue synth, rack mount model. Makes some killer sounds. Really looking forward to getting this one hooked up...it's still down there. Those are probably pretty pricey.
below that is a Midi interface for old macs...obsolete as far as I can tell.
below that is 2 samplers by e-mu
6: Studio Electronics SE-1. This is another analogue synth. I believe it was made to mimic the original Moog sound. This is worth a good chunk of change I think...
below that is an old tape deck ! woop. I think I'd actually like to use this for effect purposes... bounce some drum loops and stuff to tape, then re-import to logic... would probably sound cool.
7:mixer thing...
8: Same mixer thing but with other stuff on top...
above that is two outboard effects units, above that is some sort of filter bank. "ELECTRONIC MUSIC STUDIOS LONDON 8 OCTAVE FILTER BANK" Does anybody know what this is?
9: Top left, Boss DR606 drum machine. sweet.
top right, Korg sequencer effect unit.
bottom..... Access Virus B. This is a BEAST. It's an analogue synth from 2000ish... This thing makes some absolutely wonderful sounds... A really popular unit in electronic music production, especially in Trance and Industrial and stuff.
10: Roland Juno 106. Analogue CLASSIC.
Roland SH101. Another analogue synth...really popular in dance production over the years.
If anybody has a better idea on value, I'd like to know !
I can't wait to get all this stuff hooked up... I'm broke though and I don't have any money to get the stuff to get it all hooked up proper. I've got an Apogee Duet interface, which only has two inputs. I didn't think I'd be buying any outboard gear (or finding any) so I didn't get an interface with more inputs. So, right now I can really only hook up one at a time...I've currently got the Virus hooked up by sending MIDI from Logic, through my MIDI keyboard, to the virus, then I have the two outputs on the virus going into the Apogee, and back into logic. So at the moment I can't really hook up any more of this stuff...
I'm still trying to figure all this stuff out, all the MIDI stuff that is. Like I mentioned, previously I've just been doing everything inside logic with plug ins and nothing outboard. I guess I need to get an interface with more inputs and a MIDI interface with multiple outputs, or can I just daisy chain all the MIDI gear ?
anyways... really happy !Comment
-
Re: my girlfriend had these in her basement...

Sounds like all you need is two other like-minded individuals to run these things and you're ready to be the next Underworld / chemical brothers / prodigy
good luck w. your new quest my friend
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: my girlfriend had these in her basement...
Wow. Talk about good Karma paying off.Comment
-
Re: my girlfriend had these in her basement...
2qurqiu.jpg
Got some of it hooked up... just plugged in the SE-1 and the Bassstation today... they sound so good. The sounds they make, especially for bass lines, just have so much life.Comment
-
Re: my girlfriend had these in her basement...
I don't even mix,spin,dj and I'm jealous
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: my girlfriend had these in her basement...
I have some similar equipment (I wish I had that Juno and the DR606). Tha novation bass station is more than beautiful. I have tha keyboard model, itīs analogue, it makes deep sounds with 2 osc and a nice LFP.
Best thing you can do without buying more stuff is to connect in daisy-chain mode a drum station, a bass station, and the other synths youīve got (up to 6 instruments, with cables of 2 meters long, it works without delay). you connect this chain to your midi output (soundcard or usb/midi adapter). All the audio outputs you mix them in the mixer, where you can add some effects (Iīm sure thereīs one in all that stuff), and use the mixerīs eq. Try using Ableton live to compose in midi, and that will work very good, and believe me, youīll sound like hell !!
If you are a mac user, try "Numerology". Itīs a nice software, similar to reason in itīs interface, but it has functions to control external hardware via midi or control voltage (older synths). If you want, PM me and Iīll tell you more, if that helps.
please: donīt sell the equipment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Itīs a spiritual thing!
feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/currentComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,212
Posts: 1,238,528
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment