• Show
Clear All
  • AchtungBaby!
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Feb 2009

Re: MS Trip advisor

Originally posted by DIDI
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]11658[/ATTACH]

Guy J is the only Dj I totally trust to play with Hernan . I would kill to go to this !!
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SS just saw this yesteday... best news ever, i`m arriving NY city on aug 30 ... needless to say i cant fucking wait

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by AchtungBaby!
      Shameless bump

Quick question guys, because booking hotel in NY is driving me crazy... Is midtown (Bryant Pk zone) a convenient place to stay? Looks ok to me but i`m not sure

If any other zone is better feel free to recommend

Thanks in advance
      My most recent visiting Aussie friends stayed in East Village, Chelsea, and West Village I think.

Bryant Park is between Times SQ and Central Station, it is fairly convenient. But I would avoid Times Square because it's not fun to step out into a mad house when you start the day and return to a mad house at the end of a long day. I had another friend who stayed in Times Square thinking he would enjoy the hustle and bustle and because it's Times SQ—regretted it.

There's a Lady M cakes on the perimeter of Bryant Park whose green tea mille crepe cake I'd recommend.

Also in the vicinity of midtown, 32nd St around Broadway, is a stretch of Little Korea for food.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by feather
        My most recent visiting Aussie friends stayed in East Village, Chelsea, and West Village I think.

Bryant Park is between Times SQ and Central Station, it is fairly convenient. But I would avoid Times Square because it's not fun to step out into a mad house when you start the day and return to a mad house at the end of a long day. I had another friend who stayed in Times Square thinking he would enjoy the hustle and bustle and because it's Times SQ—regretted it.

There's a Lady M cakes on the perimeter of Bryant Park whose green tea mille crepe cake I'd recommend.

Also in the vicinity of midtown, 32nd St around Broadway, is a stretch of Little Korea for food.
        Big thanks mate... your tips are amazing and certainly usefull

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

I've stayed in Times Square and I think Feather makes a great point. We had more fun staying at a friends 2nd tiny apt by ourselves located near Central Park for sure. But maybe 1 or 2 nights in Time Square is still fun.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Hoff
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Aug 2009

i don´t know your dates juan, but just in case ; )

:

" Eelke Kleijn

I am so excited about my first USA tour next month!! Finally

06.08 - Clinic - Couture - Los Angeles
            09.08 - Modular Nights - Audio - San Francisco
            15.08 - Verboten - New York

And then on to

16.08 - Intimate & On The Boat with Miss Melera - Toronto

also, arrive to NY and have hernán at night is pufffffffff, you can´t ask for more : )))

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

Big thanks mate... your tips are amazing and certainly usefull
              Glad to help, I still have a tourist perspective of NY

If I'm to generalize I'd say most of the fun and interesting/character stuff are below mid town which I mentioned earlier. There's seldom anything from midtown uptown upwards except 5th Ave, MoMA, and Central Park. Go further up and you get the Met and Guggenheim but surrounding them are mostly residential and the snottier side of NY. And further up is Harlem.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Feb 2009

Thanks Hoffy...Want to cut my vains off because i cant make it to that cruise in Toronto... not only for eelke but for Miss Melera... already PM to barney fingas here, who is bringthebeats promoter or whatever so he can hook me up with some Toika stuff there.. will see...

Things looks good so far ... Thanks everyone again MS peeps

Comment

• Hoff
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Aug 2009

Guy J is the only Dj I totally trust to play with Hernan. I would kill to go to this !!

hernán is always alone, i mean thats the most beautiful hernán possible for my heart

but then, there is another Universe, which is for me the farthest of all ..

[ this does not mean anything bad about guy j + hernán, wich also is immensely divine : )) ]

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

^^ That was pretty fantastic but I will always love Hernan more on his own. Most of the time I would think the other Djs were just taking up valuable Hernan time Guy is a bit special.
                    Originally posted by TheVrk
                    it IS incredible isn't it??
                    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• DIDI
                      Aussie Pest
                      • Nov 2004

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SS just saw this yesteday... best news ever, i`m arriving NY city on aug 30 ... needless to say i cant fucking wait
                      You definitely need to report back on this. Apparently them playing together last year was amazing .
                      Originally posted by TheVrk
                      it IS incredible isn't it??
                      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Hoff
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Aug 2009

^^ That was pretty fantastic but I will always love Hernan more on his own.

that meaned with
                        .. "hernán is always alone, i mean thats the most beautiful hernán possible for my heart" ; )

ofcourse is special with guy j because he is a little rodent who loves hernán,
                        appart from the issue that is a totally faraway musician, don´t know as a dj on this days, i need to check that Live

Comment

• floridaorange
                          • Dec 2005

^you have a wonderful way with words Hoff

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by feather

All of these tips really have me wanting to visit NYC very soon! These are all G-O-L-D!!!

Comment

• floridaorange
                              • Dec 2005

We need an NYC MS Meetup

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                                • Feb 2009

Gosh bless this freaking luck !!

Guy J + Marcelo Vasami @ this sunset cruise on my last in Toronto and Hernan Cattaneo + Guy J in NYC the next dayyyyyy

10636176_10152668182339479_1242425088806410174_n.jpg

Comment

Working...