X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Gun Control

So this thread is primarily aimed (pun intended) at those members who do NOT live in the US. There's a heated debate here that we should have stricter gun laws. Such as no Semi-Automatic Assault Rifles, and guns that can kill lots of living things in seconds basically. I grew up around guns, went hunting from a young age. My Dad taught me how to shoot before I turned 10 yrs old with a pellet gun and a target. I was taught to respect guns and how to hold, carry and basically properly carry a gun. I fully agree Americans should have the right to bear arms, such as pistols (not semi auto, or auto and no clips) and rifles, and shotguns. But nothing semi automatic and of course nothing automatic. But for some reason, the debate is always Guns vs No Guns at all. Point exactly - read the first paragraph of todays NY Times article - Log In - The New York Times

Reasonable people are saying it is time to "eliminating some large categories of weapons and ammunition."

While others are saying - we should have the right to have any gun and any ammunition we please. The problem is, imo, I know a lot of those types of people. I grew up around them, I have many in my family. They don't bother me at all, and they had gun racks in their trucks in highschool. What bothers me is crazy people getting a hold of the guns designed to kill a lot within seconds.

Am I missing something, or what?

It was fun while it lasted...
  • thebanned1
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • May 2009

Re: Gun Control

once you've taken a shit you can't stuff it back up there imo
    How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• TheTadgerBadger
      Banned
      • Nov 2015

how to hold, carry and basically properly carry a gun. I fully agree Americans should have the right to bear arms,
      OK. You got me. What's the difference between holding, carrying and basically properly carrying a gun?

And why do you agree you have the right to bear arms, even if you seem incapable of carrying one without help. LOL

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

Afraid of guns? Buy more guns! The circle of life in America | First Dog on the Moon | Comment is free | The Guardian
        Originally posted by TheVrk
        it IS incredible isn't it??
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
          Anyone have Styx livesets?
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thebanned1
          once you've taken a shit you can't stuff it back up there imo
          oh come on, that's just dying for an inappropriate response.....

sorry back to guns
          ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• floridaorange
            • Dec 2005

Nice try Chunky.

Comment

• floridaorange
              • Dec 2005

well done

Comment

• barski
                Addiction started
                • May 2013

LiveLeak.com - Jim Jefferies on Gun Control

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

^^ He did us proud. Very, very funny,
                  STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• floridaorange
                    • Dec 2005

Comment

• clintlove
                      Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                      • Jun 2004

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• floridaorange
                        • Dec 2005

That's awesome Clint

Comment

• el presidente Highsteppa
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

I really enjoy shooting a gun - had a taste of it in Los Angeles, Las Vegas and even here in Toronto. There's no denying that it gives an incredible adrenaline rush when you handle something so powerful.

However, I fail to see the point in owning one in the first place, other than say for hunting (and maybe some other uses, that don't involve killing people). The whole home defense thing is fucking absurd, partly for the reason that Jim Jeffries states in that video (nice posting of it btw), but also for that stupid "in case we have to overthrow the government" argument. Like, wtf, have you not seen a video of how they take out insurgents in other countries? Even if you had some psycho powerful rifle of any kind, you're going to be facing a fucking drone with hellfire missiles if the government wanted to get serious about keeping down its populace.

Even with the right training, it's an incredibly dangerous thing to have in any kind of situation - you automatically increase your likelihood of being killed in any kind of a gunfight situation, as you're immediately a priority target. And even then, it's a laughable notion that people armed in a gunfight are going to be able to discern between who's an actual threat/mad dog killer versus who's trying to put that killer down without some kind of identifying uniform or something.

Like I said, love firing guns, but outside of a shooting range, they have no place in modern society other than in the hands of the properly/extensively trained and licensed few that absolutely require it to perform their job/duty.
                          Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

• thebanned1
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
                            oh come on, that's just dying for an inappropriate response.....

sorry back to guns

sure i can think of a few ways of getting it back in there but it doesn't solve the problem because at some point it'll just have to come back out again.....you can thank me later
                            How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

Gun sales rise in America in aftermath of mass shooting

When will they ever learn. ?? You own a gun you are far more likely to be killed by that gun than any criminal.

After reading that article it almost make me think of conspiracy theories.

Comment

Working...