X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lockedgroove
    Gold Gabber
    • Apr 2006

Re: John Digweed - Live in Montreal

I've still yet to pop my Stereo cherry. Shameful for a geriatric raver such as myself.

Comment

• sbando
      Going back to Romford
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by lockedgroove
      Shameful for a geriatric raver such as myself.
      We are the best ravers.
      ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
      ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
      ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
      ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• hashhead
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

Banging this shit out till I get my hands on Output

Viva Digweed

Originally posted by hashhead
        For anyone who still listens to this

How about the CD 5 Vortex, Gopro camera mounted on a bike through the shite hole known as Paisley, Scotland, town centre >>>> cycle path ( @ Royal Alexandra Hospital)

09. Marc Romboy - Counting Comets (Ruede Hagelstein Remix)
        10. Lee Van Dowski - If Only Jack Was
        11. Simon Garcia - Ataraxia

Further details in the youtube description

Bang this shit loud!

For those that follow the cycle through fully, we got the train home from Lochwinnoch, alighting at Paisley Gilmour street minus a bag full of wine and weed. My doss fuck mate left it on the train which would terminate @ Glasgow central. We only noticed this at the ticket barrier when i went to retrieve the wallet from the non-existent bag. The ticket collector at the barrier calmed me down and worked his magic and made sure the missing bag was delivered back to Paisley from Glasgow on the next express train. So technically, technically, we got British Rail to transport a consignment of drugs from A to B without anyone noticing.

Anyone beat that for the shit that goes down during a Digweed Vortex??

Comment

• Knightsfan87
          Gold Gabber
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by barski
          Wow! Very smooth and relaxed tune. Can't stop playing this
          Heard Sasha play it at Fabric in May last year.. mental

Comment

• Knightsfan87
            Gold Gabber
            • Apr 2010

I've listened through this a couple of times now, over the past 7-8 months. Easily my favourite mix of all the Live in Series mixes. Every CD has it's place in the mix & I absolutely love CD 1.

Shits all over the Output mix.

Comment

• ddr
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Knightsfan87
              I've listened through this a couple of times now, over the past 7-8 months. Easily my favourite mix of all the Live in Series mixes. Every CD has it's place in the mix & I absolutely love CD 1.

Shits all over the Output mix.
              complete agree.. the first two CD's are my favorite, the way he sets the tone. Output has its good moments but he did have a 2.5 hour stellar opening by Naveen G so, something to keep in mind
              "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• go0gle
                Platinum Poster
                • Jan 2007

If done right, the opening ~2hrs of every set/night would work much better for listening at home. The rest simply doesn't translate well.

I bet if we took a vote here, London CD1 would come on top as the most liked out of the series.

Comment

• clintlove
                  Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by go0gle
                  London CD1 would come on top as the most liked out of the series.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• feather
                    Shanghai ooompa loompa
                    • Jul 2004

Just listened to Brooklyn and this recently. Montreal wins.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• ddr
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

this one is still my favorite out of all of them... those first few slow discs are just sublime.

Comment

• simonr
                        Transitionator
                        • Jun 2004

Montreal is a masterclass, the first 5 hours especially. JD mixes tracks seamlessly .. when I bought the Nuiton tracks I thought they couldn't be blended well into a mix without being too 'electronic' 'random' or obvious in the mix. I didn't notice them at all in the club that night (lost in the music) .. there is the right level of tension throughout the mix without having to burst into fireworks.

A lesson in taste and refinement. A lot of the tracks are hard to mix vs. a dj playing 'mixed in key' with little variance in bpm etc.
                        sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• ddr
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by simonr
                          Montreal is a masterclass, the first 5 hours especially. JD mixes tracks seamlessly .. when I bought the Nuiton tracks I thought they couldn't be blended well into a mix without being too 'electronic' 'random' or obvious in the mix. I didn't notice them at all in the club that night (lost in the music) .. there is the right level of tension throughout the mix without having to burst into fireworks.

A lesson in taste and refinement. A lot of the tracks are hard to mix vs. a dj playing 'mixed in key' with little variance in bpm etc.
                          i have made the decision this year that i need (yes, need) to see Digweed in an extended or marathon set... 4 hours at the minimum. being in Oregon, this is next to impossible as everything has a curfew of 2:00 AM and the last time Digweed was slated to be here (2008 i think), he had to cancel due to illness. so Los Angeles is my closest option at this point. when? no idea lol

Comment

• go0gle
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jan 2007

He played a 4 hour set in SF this summer.. amazing music as always! SF would be closer for you, no? I think the promoter tries to get him to come twice year

Comment

• go0gle
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jan 2007

That being said, 4hrs is no where near enough but that seems to be "norm" these days.

When was the last time he played for longer than that ? Perhaps the last Bedrock party in London ? Or maybe Fabric ?

He hasn't been back to Stereo in a while it seems..

Comment

• ddr
                                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by go0gle
                                That being said, 4hrs is no where near enough but that seems to be "norm" these days.

When was the last time he played for longer than that ? Perhaps the last Bedrock party in London ? Or maybe Fabric ?

He hasn't been back to Stereo in a while it seems..
                                he just played an all night set yesterday for a Bedrock event he still does them maybe less than 5x a year. but yea, usually the longer sets are special like for Bedrock, Easter, NYE.

I might have to go to the next Stereo
                                Last edited by ddr; November 23, 2019, 01:53:56 AM.

Comment

Working...