X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trick12
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jul 2007

life as it is

I wonder sometimes when i look back as of how much things have changed in the past years, technology wise and its effects on us, i dont like it, i dont like all this spill of info, everything's value dropped....no picture means much as when they used to be a photo taken that u have in your hand, digital music as opposed to having records or cd even, internet and finding anything in a blink of an eye as opposed to book reading and hearing things from people....i remember wanting to travel and having this image of the place your going to in your brain....

is sad, useful but sad, were becoming more like robots that rely on our smart phones and laptops for everything, most people wont go anywhere without gps,,,,,can we live without all this, seriously we have been used and tied....bots fukin bots that are told where to go and what to do...we get bored easily, we are distracted by the amount of info that noting sticks, not much means alot like it used to....

somehow tho happiness is outside all of this...what if oneday we wakeup and all this is gone? no internet, people wont even know what to do, most of us dont even remember phone numbers of most loved ones....bots fukin bots
    Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!
  • Hoff
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Aug 2009

Re: life as it is

it is part of the project of control everything,

and for most people or rather cattle is "better" in that way, because they donīt dig on the real things in life, then they follow a herd tape with all the assumptions supposedly good

and one of the greatest ways to control and produce these same humans, is the installed education for kids, private or public, no one questions anything, and that's where the problem starts, parents are part of a sinister gear that believe taking the kids there it's all right,

and is where they begin to restrict them, punish them, compare them, repressing, .... nothing to do with an education based on real love

except those who choose a different option for education, which are everywhere

never used a gps

Comment

• diegoff
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

itīs true, those things are there for us. I choose not to use them in abuse, I only take a little part of them that give me some kind of benefit.
      Besides, I donīt have a facebook nor tweeter account, donīt watch TV, I read a lot of books, I donīt use GPS, I listen to music I search carefully for, I like nature... I mean, itīs hard not to get seduced by modern life, but it is possible and positive. I question everything, question whatīs behind it. Just my two cents....
      Itīs a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
      Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
      May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by diegoff
        itīs true, those things are there for us. I choose not to use them in abuse, I only take a little part of them that give me some kind of benefit.
        Besides, I donīt have a facebook nor tweeter account, donīt watch TV, I read a lot of books, I donīt use GPS, I listen to music I search carefully for, I like nature... I mean, itīs hard not to get seduced by modern life, but it is possible and positive. I question everything, question whatīs behind it. Just my two cents....
        Wow , I could have written that. !! Some of the technology is wonderful, but a lot is technology for technologies sake. It doesn't add to our lives and in some cases it takes away from our lives. The trick is to use what works for you, although this is getting so much harder with google, facebook , Apple etc trying to force you to go their way not your own way. Soundcloud is a particular disappointment, they are now trying to make us use them as a streaming service. As if we don't have enough of those ripping off artists.

Amazingly, we had a middle aged white male POLITICIAN come out against changes to copyright laws and streaming services on national TV the other night. It was soo good !!
        Originally posted by TheVrk
        it IS incredible isn't it??
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• go0gle
          Platinum Poster
          • Jan 2007

Why not just trust in the process ? It makes life much easier and more enjoyable.. : )

Comment

• floridaorange
            I'm merely a humble butler
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by go0gle
            Why not just trust in the process ? It makes life much easier and more enjoyable.. : )

Such a know-it-all American response

I agree btw

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by go0gle
              Well google would say that You mean stick your head in the sand ?? Have you read any news lately ?? Nothing to trust there

Just quietly the big thing is algorithms, and studies have shown they only get things relatively right 70% of the time. Which means a whopping 30% WRONG!! I really don't like those odds ruling my life.

You know I am glad I am older , hopefully I will be dead before the worst of the fallout from the overwhelming GREED in this world today happens.
              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• Hoff
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Aug 2009

jaja what process google ?, or you come for real from google

really what process, exploit the land and all their lives to the utmost?, as if we own something?

that attitude you say, not whether serious or kidding, is what ruins everything,
                corporations want that type of heard

take half an hour of your life, instead of looking to the side

Comment

• trick12
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jul 2007

trust the process...but the question is dosent that make u a proper bot?!

whats the point of our brains and feelings when u just fall into whatever is given to you...wheres our memory and decisions...it will only turn into an overspill of information where everything is momentary and nothing sticks, not much means and has value...

seriously tho, what if the process dies and is gone, how lost will u be coz u trust the process,,,do u really think this technology will stay forever...

sad enuough is that the more u trust and depend on the process the more u become a sheep....pokemon for ex,,,,and thats not even coming near the news and media shizz

Comment

• floridaorange
                    • Dec 2005

All you can control is what you do, and lead others by example.

Comment

• trick12
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jul 2007

^ huh?

didnt get that sherlock!

Comment

• feather
                        Shanghai ooompa loompa
                        • Jul 2004

I think about this often and just thought about it again yesterday when I read about the reaction to PB&J sandwiches handed out at the Emmys.

Technology-wise it feels like we've made leaps and bounds in some ways when I read about 3D printing for medical purposes. But that and most of the stuff I come across, have no impact on me the specific individual.

And on the whole I have to wonder if the internet is doing more harm than good, but having to bear in mind that it's still a tool so it's impartial to all this. So it's really us who're fucking it up and somehow the internet is bringing out and exacerbating the worst in us.

I think we as a race have become more absorbed in the virtual and that virtual is human-generated, a fun house mirror reflection thus making us the self-absorbed and more so.

Almost ten years ago Chris Anderson wrote The Longtail where he talked about the ability for the internet to sustain super-niche interests.

But since then social media feels like it's homogenizing us, at least the us that is English-speaking and "Western" and "first world" since that's the world I access and the "world" I read and participate in via my web browser.

So not only are we self-absorbed, we're righteous.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• floridaorange
                          • Dec 2005

Comment

• DIDI
                            Aussie Pest
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by feather
                            I think about this often and just thought about it again yesterday when I read about the reaction to PB&J sandwiches handed out at the Emmys.

Technology-wise it feels like we've made leaps and bounds in some ways when I read about 3D printing for medical purposes. But that and most of the stuff I come across, have no impact on me the specific individual.

And on the whole I have to wonder if the internet is doing more harm than good, but having to bear in mind that it's still a tool so it's impartial to all this. So it's really us who're fucking it up and somehow the internet is bringing out and exacerbating the worst in us.

I think we as a race have become more absorbed in the virtual and that virtual is human-generated, a fun house mirror reflection thus making us the self-absorbed and more so.

Almost ten years ago Chris Anderson wrote The Longtail where he talked about the ability for the internet to sustain super-niche interests.

But since then social media feels like it's homogenizing us, at least the us that is English-speaking and "Western" and "first world" since that's the world I access and the "world" I read and participate in via my web browser.

So not only are we self-absorbed, we're righteous.
                            Well said !!

Comment

• Jenks
                              I'm kind of a big deal.
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by diegoff
                              I donīt use GPS
                              As someone who travels a lot, I gotta say, GPS is pretty fucking awesome!

Comment

Working...