X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psybangas
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2006

Anyone else mining crypto on [ms]?

So here's how I got into crypto. Started off utilizing the hashing power of my main gaming rig, nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti and bedroom PC with Radeon RX 570 on a mining pool (Suprnova.cc) then decided to build my first dedicated mining rig. Went for a 6x GeForce GTX 1070 setup using a Gigabyte H110-D3A and Intel Pentium G4400 with 8GB DDR4 2133MHz. Installed Windows 10 x64 and I'm mining ZEC using EWBF 0.3.4b. Fairly decent performance, 2300+ Sol/s @ 3.4 Sols/Watt.

IMG_20180115_093615.jpg
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re: Anyone else mining crypto on [ms]?

Feel comfortable to share your returns?
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Ghizy
      Getting warmed up
      • Jan 2017

Very nice, I'm thinking begin with that too

Comment

• psybangas
        Platinum Poster
        • May 2006

Originally posted by Kamal
        Feel comfortable to share your returns?
        Certainly. So after 48 days of mining Zcash (ZEC) on Suprnova.cc (mining pool) I've earned 1.40 ZEC which at the current exchange rate of $406.76 (ZEC/USD) is $571.10 USD or $712.56 AUD. Roughly $12 per day, although I only got my six GTX 1070's going 2 weeks ago. That figure is conservative and is actually more around $20 per day with GTX 1080 Ti, RX 570 and 6x GTX 1070.

earnings.jpg

Electricity cost here is $0.26 per KWhr and my usage has gone up around 230 units, this includes using AC more often now it's summer the temperature here gets to 38 degrees C (100+ Farenheit) so having the air con on is something I simply can't avoid.

electricity.jpg

The best thing about the GTX 1070 rig is I run the power profile at 60% power limit so I can keep the rig stable 24/7, since I'm running a 1000W power supply right on it's limit at around 750W peak draw. Temperatures stay within the low 60's with most card's fan profiles set to Auto which keeps it both cool and quiet (to keep the wife happy etc).

Comment

• Kamal
          Administrator
          • May 2002

Damn that's pretty good. I've been thinking of getting into this but just not had the time to dive in to do a full study on the how-tos.
          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
          Originally posted by ace_dl
          Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• ddr
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

im usually late to these types of things and dont quite understand the whole picture (crypto currency in general i guess) but it is certainly interesting and thank you for sharing your results and rig.. something to think about.

curious if a person was to make a machine, break-even point, increase in power $ (which you describe a little) per month, etc.
            "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• jeffrey collins
              Not cool enough
              • Jun 2004

Wow, some of you fellas are really late on this. Have been mining since 2014, stopped at the beginning of 2016 when the ROI ran out on the gear I had. In that time I was able to mine a total of about 16 coins. Fuck I'd be really fucking happy if those all went to me but half went to my business partner, and then I spent them all on rent when they were only worth about $500. It kinda sucks to have stopped but the ROI was just too much, damn $40-$60/month on the electric bill too. Sold the equipment but I should have just switched coins I was mining, heck now Litecoin is doing great, I didn't even know about ethereum until a year ago, and back then it wasn't worth anything. Show's how much of an early adopter I am. hehehehehe
              Jeffrey Collins: Painter
              My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
              My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• psybangas
                Platinum Poster
                • May 2006

So I've spent the last month or so profit-switching using Awesome Miner http://www.awesomeminer.com/download.aspx which has allowed me to diversify my cryptocurrency portfolio by allowing me to mine the most profitable coins at any given moment. I can mine let's say Zclassic on Mining Pool Hub, but select auto-exchange to BTC, ETH, LTC etc so even though I'm mining one coin I can get paid in another.

So break even point, ROI (Return On Investment), for my 6 GPU mining rig is as follows:

6 GPU Open Air Crypto Mining Fram RGB LED $149.99
                Intel Pentium G4400 LGA1151 CPU $79.06
                6 PCI-e Riser Card Adapter Sets $46.99
                Gigabyte H110-D3A motherboard + 4GB DDR4 $264.76
                2 Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC 8GB $1,238.00
                Gigabyte GTX 1070 ITX Mini $450.00
                2 Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC 8GB $1,366.20
                PCI-e 6 Pin to Dual 8 Pin Splitter Cable $25.98
                Total Parts Cost: $3,620.98

My current mining earnings breakdown:

Miner 1: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti FE + EVGA Hybrid mod / 7700K
                $3.69 Per Day mining ETN 180 H/s, ZEC 696 H/s

Miner 2: ASUS Strix RX 570 4GB / Ryzen 1700X
                $3.22 Per Day mining ETN 382 H/s, ETH 26.69 MH/s

Miner 3: 6x GTX 1070
                $14.92 Per Day mining ZEC 2.41 kH/s

Coin Total Per Month: $654.90
                ROI: 165 days (at current earnings rate)

So I have to earn approximately $2,500 to break even, which at my current earnings rate of $21.83 per day, is roughly 114 days time.

Current earnings as of (26/02/2018 ) i.e. 73 days = $1,130 AUD, this is segmented into 4 main coins:

BTC 0.01631393 $204.66
                ETH 0.10503916 $111.67
                LTC 0.462037 $120.52
                ZEC 1.41171691 $692.94

I've also purchased a TREZOR hardware wallet and can't speak more highly of it. Easy to use, secure and peace of mind knowing my cryptocurrency is safe offline and in cold storage. If you're wondering what I'm talking about visit: https://trezor.io/
                TREZOR.jpg

Found this useful? Buy me a beer
                BTC: 37DoqUagemkdy4KemmU31akBhQiuN5wpUv
                ETH: 0x36E5E2652e54585F706eF5E7c360e1Cd820e67AD
                LTC: MNcWQCLsmGrRHf68C4b5ZUXKADYgpmTzS6
                ZEC: t1VmkHUYS4RsSWFUy8JwDmr8jRbrX28GZDz
                Last edited by psybangas; March 3, 2018, 01:10:03 AM.

Comment

• thebanned1
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • May 2009

now that fees are down to a decent/manageable level for the user..how has that affected you're mining income ?
                  How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

There is a bitcoin atm in a shopping centre near me !!
                    Originally posted by TheVrk
                    it IS incredible isn't it??
                    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• psybangas
                      Platinum Poster
                      • May 2006

OK well I thought I'd post an update. With the recent decline in crypto currency prices I have decided to turn my rig off since the cost of electricity here in Western Australia makes it not worth mining. Also since I was mining equihash the difficulty had increased dramatically since I first started and inevitable effect of ASIC's joining the network was another reason I decided to give GPU mining away. While I had switched my GTX 1080Ti over to x16r algo and successfully mined a heap of Ravencoin, I decided to turn both it and my dual 570 ETH PC off as well. I certainly won't be in a hurry to sell any of my gear, but for now it's more practical to invest in the crypto currencies with fiat currency rather than burning electricity by GPU mining, at least since my electricity isn't free and is quite pricey. Ready for the "I told you so" from all those non-believers out there, however I still view crypto currency positively and hope it continues to gain popularity and usage, and well at least I made enough to buy a RTX 2080Ti

Comment

• REDROCK
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Feb 2015

What I find interesting is how many crypto miners are bragging about their crypto mining computer setups, posting videos on social media like instagram, telling the world how great their setup is. Is it just that so few people understand how to mine that it doesn't matter if they share, or are they trying to actually spread the word on mining or on crypto currencies in general.

Also curious what the long term outcome of crypto currencies are. Seems like a way to launder money, avoid taxes and buy untraceable items that may or may not be above the law. Is it supposed to help capitalism or is it a way to diminish the Feds power?

I know that was a lot of questions, but I think most people who don't deal with crypto currency are wondering these things. Thanks!

(perhaps try to figure out how to cheaply power your system using solar panels?)
                        Back when a club was a club full of dancers and dove's.

Comment

• Amber
                          Getting warmed up
                          • Oct 2014

Avoid taxes? do tell

Comment

• REDROCK
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Feb 2015

^was waiting for you to chime in first

The Government Dilemma: How To Tax Something One Pretends Does Not Exist - Bitcoin News
                            Back when a club was a club full of dancers and dove's.

Comment

• Amber
                              Getting warmed up
                              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by REDROCK

read that, now I'm thoroughly confused!

Comment

Working...