X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

fabric mix series to end 'in its current form' at 100th instalment

abric's long-running mix series will end "in its current form" at the 100th instalment, with Sasha handling fabric 99.

Though Sasha has been a regular at fabric for years, fabric 99 marks his first official collaboration with the London venue, where he says he always plays differently than at any other club in the world.

The mix features "broken beats and ambient note progressions combined with melodic techno and uplifting house," according the to press release. There are tracks from George FitzGerald, DJ Koze, Crowdpleaser, Mathew Jonson, Objekt and more. The mix also includes two exclusive and unreleased cuts from Sasha himself.

It's still unclear whether fabric's other long-running series, Fabriclive, will also end at the 100th instalment.
    RA News: fabric mix series to end 'in its current form' at 100th instalment, Sasha steps up for 99

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • thebanned1
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • May 2009

Re: fabric mix series to end 'in its current form' at 100th instalment

sad news, there has been some absolute gems, tbh i can't see me buying many if they go digital only
    How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Nov 2013

I don't see the point in mix CDs anymore. There are more than enough mixes on line. There is no excitement in releases like you used to get in the90s.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Nov 2013

It's surprising Lee Burridge never did one on his own.

Comment

• thebanned1
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • May 2009

Originally posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫
          I don't see the point in mix CDs anymore. There are more than enough mixes on line. There is no excitement in releases like you used to get in the90s.

i think there is a huge difference in owning a mp3 of a mix and owning a cd, people hoard mp3s like it's nobody's business, it's exactly what is wrong in today's music scene, kills so many good artists who try and fail to make it to the first step, but, that isn't to say there is also too many artists out there, there is, it's a double sword, look at beatport, how much wank have you to go through to find something you like ?

glad you brought up the 90's as well because back then people had to actually buy music, the music was more passionate because the people making it actually made money out of the music they produced which isn't exactly the case for a lot of artists now, today the money in music is in gigs

don't want to say this but i will....the internet has completely ruined the model which music is based on

Comment

• ddr
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thebanned1
            i think there is a huge difference in owning a mp3 of a mix and owning a cd, people hoard mp3s like it's nobody's business, it's exactly what is wrong in today's music scene, kills so many good artists who try and fail to make it to the first step, but, that isn't to say there is also too many artists out there, there is, it's a double sword, look at beatport, how much wank have you to go through to find something you like ?

glad you brought up the 90's as well because back then people had to actually buy music, the music was more passionate because the people making it actually made money out of the music they produced which isn't exactly the case for a lot of artists now, today the money in music is in gigs

don't want to say this but i will....the internet has completely ruined the model which music is based on
            I agree and can also see both sides. I don't buy much honestly because the CD releases just are not as great as what they used to be. I like buying compilations that have a bit more than just the standard 1-2 CD's in a jewel case and no liner notes except for the track list which is also on the back of the jewel case. There are exceptions though, Digweed's Live In... series, UNKLE, some truthoughts releases, and The Orb always have something extra in the digipacks. But really, once I rip them to 320 MP3, they go into the box only to be brought out maybe once a year...
            "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• thebanned1
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • May 2009

they're not as great as they used to be because the scene has become "depressed" overall, there really isn't much driving it forward because all the fresh talent that was sniffing around it has to make a living some other way, the people who you've mentioned are careerists who have lived through the scene right from it's very inception and have a strong following which makes them money, so they have incentive to drive them

i honestly listen to some stuff nowadays and it has depressed the fucking shit out of me, from top names as well, these are people who are targeting trendy trends trying to make money which is basically what music has become about these days, no artists are really making a lot of money from their own music, like i said previously, the money these days is in artist gigs

the internet created a wave of people who became used to getting everything you can get on the internet for free, movies, music, communication, tv, software and more then consider the amount of people that use the internet, 51% of the entire world have some sort of internet access

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫

Most of the mixes on line are lesser quality.
                Originally posted by TheVrk
                it IS incredible isn't it??
                STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by thebanned1

Great comment !!!

I think it was Charlie May who said MP3 is the worst thing to happen to music ever ! Couldn't agree more.
                  STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ddr
                    I agree and can also see both sides. I don't buy much honestly because the CD releases just are not as great as what they used to be. I like buying compilations that have a bit more than just the standard 1-2 CD's in a jewel case and no liner notes except for the track list which is also on the back of the jewel case. There are exceptions though, Digweed's Live In... series, UNKLE, some truthoughts releases, and The Orb always have something extra in the digipacks. But really, once I rip them to 320 MP3, they go into the box only to be brought out maybe once a year...
                    I rip mine to aiff but they still don't sound as good as the cds . All the ones I have bought do have liners.

It's ok if they only get played once a year, at least you have a good copy for when your hard drive dies I am so glad I have most of my vinyl. I got robbed once.
                    Last edited by DIDI; May 16, 2018, 01:33:26 AM.

Comment

• sakio pod
                      SALAD TOSSER
                      • Jun 2004

a trak, records, tapes, cds, mp3s hope it sounds amazing

still looking forward for something new!

Comment

• feather
                        Shanghai ooompa loompa
                        • Jul 2004

I think a mix CD feels less disposable and ephemeral than a digital file, and when it's a series like fabric or Balance, there's a prestige associated. It feels like DJs put more effort and thought, sometimes conceptual thought, when they're "invited" to contribute a mix to a series.

Ultimately the series needs to maintain the standards and a point of view that differentiates itself, unlike say the wayward GU.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• diegoff
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

I buy CDs. A lot. They sound better than mp3 or online streaming.
                          Besides that, I canīt stand the commercials in spotify or whatever people use to listen to music online. I like to look at my CDs collection, dig and choose what to listen to. Sit down, read the booklet... while itīs playing, I continue digging for the next CD Iīll play... and I donīt depend on internet connections.

ps: I love JDīs "Live in" editions... they are great, and numbered and signed, at a reasonable price.
                          Itīs a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
                          Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
                          May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• thebanned1
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by sakio pod
                            a trak, records, tapes, cds, mp3s hope it sounds amazing

still looking forward for something new!
                            there have already been new formats, sacd for example but the industry hasn't pushed them because people can copy and share them

Comment

• sakio pod
                              SALAD TOSSER
                              • Jun 2004

still whatever times are changing looking forward to the future....if thats allowed LOL

Comment

Working...