• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thebanned1
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • May 2009

Re: Hernan Cattaneo - Balance presents Sunsetstrip [PREVIEW]

Originally posted by DIDI
    I attempted to download twice. The first time I stopped it because was r too slow and when I tried to resume it told me I didn't have permission. But I was able to go back to the download link and redownload it.
    Originally posted by chuckc
    yes I finally got it to work. But like you said its super SLOW. Mine is saying 5 hours wtf!
    it's def a speed thing then
    How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• chuckc
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

this is LAME.... Of course it timed out and the download eventually failed. And as you stated you dont get another try.
      What the heck. I guess you just get screwed out of the bonus download files

I messaged musicglue, we will see what they say.

Comment

• thebanned1
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • May 2009

this is LAME.... Of course it timed out and the download eventually failed. And as you stated you dont get another try.
        What the heck. I guess you just get screwed out of the bonus download files

I messaged musicglue, we will see what they say.
        The bonus content is just mp3s of the tracks, a couple of pictures and a short video

Comment

• chuckc
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

Not real sure on first listen of cd1....Rather underwhelming

Hopefully it is a grower

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

It is No.1 on Beatport !!
            Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• chuckc
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Dang cd 2 not to much better, was expecting much more, especially since it seems like a while since last studio,

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

I went through CD 1 to 2 and the mixes were over before I knew it Nothing superb jumped out.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• D.Williams
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Aug 2006

I got my copy today, it had a sticker on it saying bonus download with a code just like you guys got. Where is the code located? When I opened the packaging there was no paper inlay or anything.

Still not keen on CD1, but I am loving CD 2 sooooo much.

Comment

• chuckc
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

^^^^The code is actually printed on the inside of the cd case

I thought djs were really supposed to bring it on the balance series, I am sorry to say but I think Hernan missed the mark on this one, not quite worthy of a balance

Comment

• D.Williams
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Aug 2006

^^^ Thanks for the tip.

Sorry you didnt like it

Did you happen to get that Fabric 99 mixed by Sasha? Now thats a CD i feel burned on for buying lol

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

^^^^The code is actually printed on the inside of the cd case

I thought djs were really supposed to bring it on the balance series, I am sorry to say but I think Hernan missed the mark on this one, not quite worthy of a balance
                        I do think it is well worth a Balance , but we do have different tastes sometimes. One thing I will say is Hernan's comps are quite complex and always seem to benefit from multiple plays. In other words it could be a grower for you. I hope so , but even if it isn't he will do music you love

I do love that you recognise Balance for what it is.

Strangely enough even my mood makes music sound different.

Interesting, thebanned1's favourite track , Stimulation , I disliked when I firs heard it , then played through good headphones and the complex sounds bounced inside my head , a beautifully mastered track !!

BTW My favourite at the moment is CD1 , but that could change.
                        Originally posted by TheVrk
                        it IS incredible isn't it??
                        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• thebanned1
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by DIDI
                          I do think it is well worth a Balance , but we do have different tastes sometimes. One thing I will say is Hernan's comps are quite complex and always seem to benefit from multiple plays. In other words it could be a grower for you. I hope so , but even if it isn't he will do music you love

I do love that you recognise Balance for what it is.

Strangely enough even my mood makes music sound different.

Interesting, thebanned1's favourite track , Stimulation , I disliked when I firs heard it , then played through good headphones and the complex sounds bounced inside my head , a beautifully mastered track !!

BTW My favourite at the moment is CD1 , but that could change.

For me that track was the best on the comp and I must admit i wasn't really feeling cd2, I haven't been giving it much attention though I have to admit

Comment

• chuckc
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

the music glue staff were very helpful, if anyone else has issues with the downloads, just message them and they send you a different link to a alternate website that works much better.

Comment

• feather
                              Shanghai ooompa loompa
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by D.Williams

Did you happen to get that Fabric 99 mixed by Sasha? Now thats a CD i feel burned on for buying lol
                              I thought Fabric 99 was pretty mediocre too but it grew on me. I also appreciate the effort Sasha went to recording it.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
                                Platinum Poster
                                • Jun 2004

a bit meh for me tbh. It's nice to have on, but nothing spectacular. Comparing it to other big comps recently, I much prefer the Baumel GU
                                motherlover

Comment

Working...