X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

This is what Climate Change looks like.

just google 0r duckduckgo Australian bushfire photos ! I'm a bit numbed by them all now.

In case you are off visiting mars at the moment and haven’t caught up. Australia is burning !! The word of the day. week , month, year is UNPRECEDENTED !! We have apocalyptic, and catastrophic as well. So many thing that have never happened before in this country are happening now. Rainforests that go back to before Australia separated from Gondwanaland have burnt and are still burning . Rainforests don’t burn. We are loosing species of everything. We were always going to be amongst the first and hardest hit . We are a hot and dry continent .

Thousands for people have been stranded on beaches while the sky goes black during daytime. Where birds drop dead from the sky by the thousand , dropping into the ocean to wash up on the beaches where the people are sheltering.

A billion animals dead . Millions of hectares burnt out. Air quality in Canberra, Sydney and Melbourne the worst in the world on multiple days. We should be offering apologies to New Zealand and South America. Apparently we have have given Buenos Aires very red sunsets and NZ snow fields are now brown.

We have fires so big and so hot they make their own weather , complete with lightening and fierce winds which starts more fires.

Every state of Australis is burnt or is burning, mainly both.

And how did our federal government respond.?? Well firstly our Prime Minister decided to go on holiday to Hawaii , took him days to get back. He then gave us multiple speeches on why this wasn’t climate change. , We are supposedly going great guns on decreasing emissions , we definitely are not ! I don’t like having to say this but Australia has the highest per capita emissions in the world. He then made an ad , including cheesy music to tell us what he was doing ??? And put it on Facebook !! We had to ask before the Australian Defence Force was brought in to help . He separates state duties and federal duties, shame fires don’t do that !!

All over social media there has also been concerted efforts from climate change deniers to blame everything else but climate change . The fires are mainly caused by arsonists, well no they aren’t ! Donald Trump jr. tweeted this one ! There have been literally hundreds of fires. In Victoria none have been started by arsonists. And very few in the other states. Next up we have a ridiculous claim that it is the Greens standing against fuel reduction burns. , despite the fact they only have one, yes one member of federal parliament. Apparently the burns are more likely to start fires now because surprise, surprise , climate change is making Australia very hot and very dry. The only burning that seems to work is the cultural burning that our first nations people have done for thousands of years. it-s-miraculous-owners-say-cultural-burning-saved-their-property-20200103-p53okc.html It’s so disturbing to see these claims cropping up everywhere. These people seem to be willing to fight literally to the death of humanity.

We even has people asking to destroy all gum trees.?? Not sure how that was going to work !!

For many days I was just incredibly sad that we have lost so much. It is truely awful to see what the experts have been telling us would happen , actually happening and being so much worse than even they predicted.

But now despite all the shit that is going on the reaction world wide has been so wonderful . Some of the most unlikely people donating huge sums. Pink beat the Australia singers and actors to donate first. $500, 000. !!! Firefighters turning up from all over world. New Zealand have sent firefighters even though they have their own fires. Thank you California.

The list is beautiful. The stories of help coming out of the fires about the extraordinary actions of very ordinary people of all colours and faith I am quite proud I am an Australian at the moment.

Good thing that has come out of this is that we did learn from the awful fires we had in Victoria in 2009. That was just one state and we lost 176 people. One of the people involved in the enquiry afterwards was Dan Andrews and the measures they put in place at the time meant Victoria this time, despite the devastation has only had three deaths. The total deaths since September when some of the fires started is twenty three.

I really hope that others learn from what is happening here now, and learn bloody quickly !!

Watch this for a quick look .

Trevor Noah The daily show. https://www.facebook.com/thedailysho...type=2&theater

Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies
  • ddr
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: This is what Climate Change looks like.

climate change will lead to WW3, i have no doubts about it. it's just a matter of time at this point.

i dont have any hope that our world leader dicks will come together for the benefit of humanity.
    "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• Amber
      Getting warmed up
      • Oct 2014

So scary what's happening there, but the level of denial about climate change is scarier. Deny, deny, deny that's typically what frightened people do and it's just not useful, helpful, insightful, or seemingly appropriate at all. It's all really MADDENING! This level of denial is not unprecedented, but it's really time to STOP it and listen to to wisdom and above all just DO something to change what's occurring on our planet! I believe wisdom will prevail over all the damn denial. Just wish it was sooner than later to prevent so much suffering and loss of life (both human & ecological).

He went to Hawaii while this is happening?? WTF??

Comment

• ddr
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Amber
        So scary what's happening there, but the level of denial about climate change is scarier. Deny, deny, deny that's typically what frightened people do and it's just not useful, helpful, insightful, or seemingly appropriate at all. It's all really MADDENING! This level of denial is not unprecedented, but it's really time to STOP it and listen to to wisdom and above all just DO something to change what's occurring on our planet! I believe wisdom will prevail over all the damn denial. Just wish it was sooner than later to prevent so much suffering and loss of life (both human & ecological).

no surprise that America is the biggest denier of climate change being that we are the most religious as well.

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

^^^ Funny you should say that, our prime minister is an evangelical.
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Amber

Yeah, and took his time getting back when he was called out. Frankly having him back has been worse that having him in Hawaii ! Every time he opens mouth I want to vomit !!

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

Comment

• ddr
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DIDI
                ^^^ Funny you should say that, our prime minister is an evangelical.
                extreme christians believe anything out of our power that may lead to world destruction will lead to the end times/armageddon/coming of christ in which they will be hailed as superior to everyone else that does not believe. Israel is where this will begin, hence why America will do anything in their power to protect it. those who do not believe will die at hands of god--more or less another crusade. the denial of the science behind climate change both fulfills the lack of personal responsibility/the need to do anything about the problem and also further promulgates Earth's suicidal ecosystem which we furthered along and therefore justifies their belief as being true.

it's fucking sick either way you look at it. religion and our interpretation of it is the single most thing that keeps us humans from advancing as fast as we would like to.

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

Thank you to the Argentineans . You guys really know how to do protests. !! You had a couple of great ones while I was in Buenos Aires

23259534-7875269-image-a-38_1578706696067.jpg

23259538-7875269-image-a-35_1578706658554.jpg

23259540-7875269-image-a-36_1578706687832.jpg

23259550-7875269-image-a-27_1578706407005.jpg

Comment

• thebanned1
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • May 2009

this is horrific

i just hope that Aus can get back on it feet after this
                    How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• DIDI
                      Aussie Pest
                      • Nov 2004

^^ We will. Some amazingly good things are happening. But we do have some awful losses of our wildlife.

Comment

• thebanned1
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • May 2009

yea that's the catch, tbh not even sure how to react to it
                        How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• Highsteppa
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ddr
                          no surprise that America is the biggest denier of climate change being that we are the most religious as well.
                          That's not quite correct -the US is still trying (or at least acknowledging) to make the requirements for Climate Change. The Australian Prime Minister isn't even making an attempt and has been betting on a revival of the coal industry (!) as a economic lynchpin for his term.

It doesn't help that the prick decided to go on vacation to Hawaii (and not come back early) when this started to spiral.

Comment

• DIDI
                            Aussie Pest
                            • Nov 2004

The Aussie spirit is alive and well. A little light relief.

Journalist falls for Australian drop bear prank while covering Kangaroo Island bushfires - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

I remember years ago Reddit did a thing on drop bears . It was hilarious

Btw . This is from the ABC, our public broadcaster which has done an astonishing good job with communication and information getting out there. And probably blowing the meagre budget that this government has recently cut considerably. A lot of our whiz bang technology just doesn't work with these fires. We are back to good old radio in a lot cases

Comment

• Hoff
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by DIDI
                              ^^ We will. Some amazingly good things are happening. But we do have some awful losses of our wildlife.

thats the worst thing, nature and wildlife dying because of us,

i don´t give a fck what happens to humans,

we all generate this, according to how much shit we consume every day and with which industries we collaborate

every day I do something for the native forest here where i Live, to plant it and raise awareness of how important it is,

because the native forest is the one that allows the fauna to return and the water on the earth circulate and flow as she wants,

There is so much to do,

I am very tired of the human concerned only with the humans shits, the same story of all time, a totally idiotic being from an ego that keeps him asleep and totally selfish

hugs to you dii

Comment

Working...