• Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: A Discord Server Would be Cool

Alright, here you go: MercuryServer

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 3.12.09 PM.jpg

Click that link, it's a permanent invite to the MercuryServer Discord Server I just created. My username on it is vurt.
    Last edited by feather; May 27, 2020, 08:43:44 PM.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Well, it's been nice knowing most of you
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

We've survived Facebook, Twitter, and Slack so far. Discord won't kill the [ms].

I see ddr ... and me

I'm assuming the "room" continues on if I log out ...

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

You call this survival. ???

We are on Facebook and twitter ???
          Originally posted by TheVrk
          it IS incredible isn't it??
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Well the current [ms] is what it is given that all of us have grown up etc, nothing to do with Facebook and social media. I also got the impression from here that a lot of MSers are wary of Facebook.

The fact that some of us are still here and the recent lockdown and live streams have gotten some old timers to participate in the Bunker thread and other sub forums is a plus.

I made a Twitter account for MS way way back but didn't do a lot with it. It'd require more MSers to "take over" the account to do something with it properly but end of the day, what's the point—we don't need to be on Twitter.

That Discord server took me less than 5 minutes to create. It'll be a fun experiment to see how active it gets.

Comment

• thebanned1
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • May 2009

a success I see

Honestly though, discord isn't the place
              How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• REDROCK
                Gold Gabber
                • Feb 2015

Didi; please.

Back when a club was a club full of dancers and dove's.

Comment

• REDROCK
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Feb 2015

Originally posted by feather
                  Alright, here you go: MercuryServer

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13443[/ATTACH]

Click that link, it's a permanent invite to the MercuryServer Discord Server I just created. My username on it is vurt.

Well done master feather!

Comment

• salami
                    Platinum Poster
                    • May 2008

Awesome , will keep MS forum alive but its good to have an instant chat option as well , no biggie

Thanks feather

Comment

• feather
                      Shanghai ooompa loompa
                      • Jul 2004

Things like this need a critical mass to get going and as predicted, it's a ghost town.

Comment

• thebanned1
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • May 2009

It's a ghost town because sometimes (myself included) people are nasty. Rather than have the balls to say something to your face most people just do stuff behind your back, leaves a bad taste.

Comment

• thebanned1
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • May 2009

plus...have you ever tried signing up or registering a new name on this place ?

the captcha is atrocious

Comment

• REDROCK
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by feather
                            Things like this need a critical mass to get going and as predicted, it's a ghost town.
                            1. we are busy
                            2. we are on different time zones
                            3. we are busy

Comment

• feather
                              Shanghai ooompa loompa
                              • Jul 2004

Yeah I pointed that out but no harm giving it a try Otherwise once every century people moan about the state of [ms].

TBH Discord is quite niche; I only use it to keep updated on extremely niche geek interests and hardly chat.

And expecting us oldies to register for another service is probably too much considering most of us are avoiding extraneous online presences.

Comment

• REDROCK
                                Gold Gabber
                                • Feb 2015

Dude - it's brilliant. Who knows it might take off?

I'd like to see the ability to "like" posts on here, at a minimum

Comment

Working...