John Digweed - Live @ Amnesia, BBC Radio 1 Party, Ibiza, Spain (August 02, 2008)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nsamadi
    Addiction started
    • Dec 2006

Re: John Digweed - Live @ Amnesia, BBC Radio 1 Party, Ibiza, Spain (August 02, 200

A more accurate TL....

[00:00] 01 Bedrock - Forge (Tom Middleton Remix)
    [06:00] 02 Guy J - Geko (Remute Remix)
    [11:00] 03 On Spec vs The Police - Voices Of Columbus (Jamie Stevens Re-Edit)
    [17:00] 04 Gianluca Motta - London (Pig & Dan Remix)
    [23:00] 05 Depeche Mode - Freelove (Josh Wink Vocal Dub)
    [31:00] 06 Remute - Condensated
    [35:00] 07 Christian Smith - Flyertalk
    [43:00] 08 Timo Maas - Subtellite
    [53:00] 09 Misstress Barbara - K-10 (Alan Fitzpatrick Remix)
    [59:00] 10 Winona - Without You (Kris Menace Remix)

Comment

• superwave
      Are you Kidding me??
      • May 2006

Re: John Digweed - Live @ Amnesia, BBC Radio 1 Party, Ibiza, Spain (August 02, 200

SWEETNESS

God loves DJS

Comment

• Taylor Norris
        Platinum Poster
        • Oct 2005

Looking forward to this with all the hype.... Thanks!!!

Comment

• AntonyM
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Oct 2004

That rmx of Forge is off the chains leave it to Tom Middleton, how the hell did not get released?
          Edit:
          This is what I am f*ckin talkin about, ridiculous return of the vortex, three songs in and it is a brain melter makes you wish you were on the dancefloor that night

What up Andy?

Originally posted by Shpira
          So came back last night...
          Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
          Originally posted by Illuminate
          Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
          2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
          3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
          4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• mikb
            Getting warmed up
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by AntonyM
            That rmx of Forge is off the chains leave it to Tom Middleton, how the hell did not get released?
            Its coming out soon on a bedrock remix cd. october i think.

Comment

• sakio pod
              SALAD TOSSER
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by AntonyM
              Edit:
              This is what I am f*ckin talkin about, ridiculous return of the vortex, three songs in and it is a brain melter makes you wish you were on the dancefloor that night

What up Andy?

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK SHIT BRO

35:00] 07 Christian Smith - Flyertalk coming out on bedrock
              [43:00] 08 Timo Maas - Subtellite
              [53:00] 09 Misstress Barbara - K-10 (Alan Fitzpatrick Remix)
              [59:00] 10 Winona - Without You (Kris Menace Remix)

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

34 mins is sick.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                  Not cool enough
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ace_dl

Yeah, that's why I said Re-Discovered it. But apparently it's a dub mix. I'll have my listen and see, cause i've got the 2X12 of that release. Awesome stuff.
                  Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                  My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                  My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• cohiba
                    Addiction started
                    • Jul 2008

Absolutely brilliant, if only i was there

Comment

• coleby761
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • May 2008

I've listened to this set everyday since it came out and it honestly is getting better every time. It's fucking relentless man and that selway track @ 34 minutes is unreal. It' s definitely a head thumper the whole way through. I can only imagine what a magical night in Amnesia it was. This is the shit I want to hear him play. I say leave the techno+minimal stuff for others to play, but that just my opinion.

Comment

• janky
                        Addiction started
                        • Jun 2004

This is a fucking badass set. Digweed at his best since the days of Twilo.
                        4 9 7 23 5 5 4

Comment

• progressive420
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

^^^ Exactly what i thought too.
                          "Always........Dancing in My Mind"

Comment

• Hydrosonic
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jul 2004

This is a brilliant set; Digweed delivers once again for the Essential Mix. The mix from the Josh Wink tune into the following track is exactly why I listen to dance music these days: surging brilliance. Can't wait for the Easter Bedrock mix
                            320 requester

Comment

• foreks
                              Addiction started
                              • Jun 2004

probably the best gig I ever was. thanks for the tracklist.

Comment

• janky
                                Addiction started
                                • Jun 2004

There many Digweed fans here that are getting older. We don't party like we used to and, like myself, we just don't go out anymore. We don't even have time to post on messageboards anymore. But, we still love the music and remember what it's like to listen to badass music. I can tell you, without doubt, that this set is probably the closest anyone here will come to knowing what it's like it to have Digweed absolutely annihilate the dancefloor. Music like this was the norm between 1999 and 2001 at Twilo. The last Friday of each month my friends and I would line it up on West 27th in New York and while most of the folks that were at Twilo were there to see Sasha, pick up a girl, be seen or get fucked off their face, the true diehards lurked on the pyramid steps waiting for that 4:30am slot to arrive. The drunks would tire out and head home, the dancefloor would allow you to find your way underneath the giant disco ball and when Sasha got done with his first set on the decks Digweed would take the decks again for an hour and a half of the best fucking music you ever heard in your life (even though you thought the same thing last month). This was the peak time mayhem we paid to hear and a proper peak isn't felt unless there's the chugging progressive house beforehand and a proper peak isn't just about banging out tracks. In this Amnesia set and when he had a residency at Twilo, Digweed would work the levels up to an enormous crowd pleaser of a track and then he'd just take the music to the next level where you couldn't imagine the music could go. He'd throw in samples here and there and layer progressive house on top of tech-house to provide an incessant barrage of beats and then when the time was ready he'd unleash the track that drove the dancefloor nuts. Everyone would either be literally bouncing up and down or dancing like monkeys in heat. The place was absolutely oscillating - from the lights to the Phazon sound to Digweed not showing a single damn emotion on the decks - it was perfect harmony in a sea of electricity. It was the part of the night you waited 5 hours to hear and it was pure Digweed. Parties becomes less important, people get married (some have kids), jobs matter more but the music never dies and neither do the memories. If you were at this party in Ibiza I hoped you fucked that shit up because this is some god damn amazing music.
                                4 9 7 23 5 5 4

Comment

Working...