• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AchtungBaby!
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Feb 2009

Coronavirus

Fuck it

Once we have our old people safe... then, our near family safe..

Bring this quarantine on... we will do our best.

Stay safe everyone, this is no joke.

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Coronavirus

The Coronavirus-Proof Nation - Reasons to be Cheerful

The delayed response in the US and now these "shelter in place" directive is causing a slow panic and getting people paranoid. Less smiles and cherry hellos in the building elevator.

And laughably, people are stocking up on toilet paper.

Good thing we use a bidet (one of those Japanese-style toilet seats) at home

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Amber
      Getting warmed up
      • Oct 2014

Thank you AchtungBaby! for posting about this. May there be a vaccine developed soon!!

Where I live, schools are closed thru March and today businesses (stores) are closing until the end of March. If you can work from home, they are requiring people to do so. Never seen anything like this! My whole neighborhood is so quiet.

"Social Distancing" the new world in 2020 & forward. Ramifications are endless. (Now going to go read Feathers "reasons to be cheerful")

Comment

• sbando
        Going back to Romford
        • Apr 2008

Italy is still fighting it, losing at the moment.
        ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
        ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
        ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
        ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Nov 2013

This is a bit rich coming from RA.

Help save our scene: skip your refund

In these extraordinary circumstances, we are asking those who can afford it to not request a refund for cancelled events. The money will go to the promoters who organised the event, which will help keep our scene afloat. Promoters are an essential part of club culture—they bring in the artists you see every weekend. They generally work with narrow margins, and many are only a few bad parties away from going under. By not claiming a refund, you're making a donation to help save our scene. We'd like to reiterate: you should only consider forgoing your refund if you're in the financial position to do so.

Comment

• REDROCK
            Gold Gabber
            • Feb 2015

Thank God the internet wasn't around during the AIDS or HIV pandemic.

The Lancet, estimated that the global incidence of HIV infection peaked in 1997 at 3.3 million per year.

Being overly connected is such a double edged sword. We were RV'ing when the news started really breaking and all the stores were running out of essentials. Ignorantly bliss to the nonsense.

But many if not most people feel safer with the herd.

I hope America learns several lessons from this.

1. Save your $ and have an emergency fund. Not the newest iPhone or car payment.

2. There needs to be a CDC director (not Mike Pence) who can intelligently educate the general public about what is going on so that panic doesn't set in. As we have become overly connected, false information spreads extremely quickly, there needs to be better centralized information that people can depend on.

Back when a club was a club full of dancers and dove's.

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫
              This is a bit rich coming from RA.
              I think that is fair enough. I have three tickets which I can't use now. I like RA , they are still there with the information.
              Originally posted by TheVrk
              it IS incredible isn't it??
              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• REDROCK
                Gold Gabber
                • Feb 2015

this:

Covid-19 is a serious threat. We need to prepare, not overreact - STAT

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by sbando
                  Italy is still fighting it, losing at the moment.

You seem to be in the worst place at the moment. "( Stay safe !!

Just love the balcony singing even if it isn't my music It shows a wonderful spirit.
                  STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• feather
                    Shanghai ooompa loompa
                    • Jul 2004

The voice of reason is unheard in an irrational world.

Volunteers 3D-Print Unobtainable $11,000 Valve For $1 To Keep Covid-19 Patients Alive; Original Manufacturer Threatens To Sue | Techdirt

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by DIDI
                      I think that is fair enough. I have three tickets which I can't use now. I like RA , they are still there with the information.
                      Most promotors are greed fucking cunts, that do not give two shits about their customers. Why should the punter bail them out?

Comment

• Hoff
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Aug 2009

Respuesta de Emilio Fiel (Miyo), chaman y guerrero pacífico, a la pregunta sobre el Coronavirus.

Me han pedido varias veces esta semana que diga unas palabras sobre el Coronavirus y aquí las tenéis:

Se trata de un virus de laboratorio, no es mortal, y el peligro esencial es el pánico que están generando los medios y las decisiones políticas para hacer descender la frecuencia vibratoria de la humanidad que se estaba elevando progresivamente hacia una conciencia más global y evolutiva. Es un virus conocido desde hace 40 años y pertenece a la familia del sars, de las vacas locas, del ebola o de la fiebre aviar. Y ¿qué hay detrás de este asunto? Se está tratando de limitar el libre movimiento de las personas, de fortalecer el poder del estado y el control de los datos personales, además de bloquear el crecimiento económico de China (los chinos debían saber de qué se trataba cuando reaccionaron tan pronto creando superhospitales en dos o tres semanas) e incluso intentar la vacuna universal que incluya nanotecnología de control. El control de Hong Kong por los chinos no es lo de menos, ni los intereses farmacéuticos que viven de la enfermedad (recordad la estafa del Tamiflú).

Finalmente es una acción conducida para evitar el proceso de ascensión individual y planetaria en el que estamos inmersos. Y aunque ese virus no sea distinto del de una gripe potente (se salvan la mayor parte de los infectados como sucede normalmente cada invierno), y desde luego no sea un virus mortal (ahora resulta que los medicamentos contra el Sida funcionan contra el coronavirus, lo cual nos pone en un bucle de manipulación biológica en que todos los intentos de alterar a la humanidad vienen del mismo sitio).

Tenemos una vez más que mantener la calma a toda costa y no dejarnos llevar por la histeria. Las fuerzas de luz vigilan los intentos nucleares, las epidemias, las guerras, las catástrofes naturales, las redes del 5G y las manipulaciones pseudocientíficas de los laboratorios farmacéuticos… ¿qué podemos hacer como defensa? Hacer pranayama yóguico todos los días (respiración de fuego, bastrika o fuelle, pero aún mejor kriyas de kundalini yoga en el canal central); pasear por la naturaleza, hacer ejercicio y calmar el sistema nervioso para no dejarse agitar por los fantasmas desatados por las organizaciones trasnacionales. También es importante mantener elevada la frecuencia del corazón, con alegría y vitalidad, sin miedo y con confianza en el Espíritu de vida. No os olvidéis de la risa sanadora…

Un cariñoso abrazo y dedicar vuestras fuerzas a meditar, pasear por la montaña, cantar y danzar. Ahí se esconde la verdadera salud, que está más allá de los que quieren volver a sumergirnos en las viejas estructuras de temor y angustia que han conducido esta sociedad de esclavos a lo largo de los siglos.

Un cariñoso abrazo

Miyoji, 29 de Febrero 2020
                        Emilio Miyo Fiel II
                        Gracias Cristobal Jodorowsky

Comment

• REDROCK
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Feb 2015

yes. i think most people operate from a place of fear all of the time, either because they bit off more than they could chew with work ambitions or they had too many kids (my sister as well as our neighbors have little 4 kids) or whatever the case may be - so when something potentially scary comes along like this they just lose it, go to the absolute worst case scenarios and just dwell there until they are no longer a dear in headlights.

Comment

• DIDI
                            Aussie Pest
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                            Most promotors are greed fucking cunts, that do not give two shits about their customers. Why should the punter bail them out?
                            Maybe we are luckier here in Australia we definitely have some nice promoters. Even if they aren't nice they do bring some very nice djs here I want that to keep happening

Comment

• Amber
                              Getting warmed up
                              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by REDROCK
                              yes. i think most people operate from a place of fear all of the time, either because they bit off more than they could chew with work ambitions or they had too many kids (my sister as well as our neighbors have little 4 kids) or whatever the case may be - so when something potentially scary comes along like this they just lose it, go to the absolute worst case scenarios and just dwell there until they are no longer a dear in headlights.
                              Very opinionated, are we? People who have "too many kids" are likely trying to fill a lack of love and belonging in their own childhood family. I wish people who flung opinions of other's lives would replace their "he, she, they" with an "I" and understand you project onto others what you truly believe about yourself, period. Then enlightenment can actually happen.

Anyway, more open mindedness, less judgement and digging down to widely held beliefs might benefit you and all of us!

But back to covid-19, this is creating a whole shift in our world today that is benefiting animals, the environment, and who knows what other benefits will come from it. Maybe we'll start to, again, value time spent in each other's presence and less online/virtual relationships... or do you think just the opposite will occur?

Comment

Working...