• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: It's your friends that make your world

i posted this quote on the facebook page, but ill share here

"it is not the years in your life that matter, but the life in your years" - Abe Lincoln.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Garrick
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

fuck... still not fathoming any of this.
      Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• In-SighT
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2004

R.I.P. Steve

Very sad news... my thoughts go out to his friends and family.
        "A man has to believe in something, I believe I'll have another beer."

Want Spoon'n music?
        Check out my downtempo mixes
        http://ryanlinneman.podOmatic.com

Comment

• BureOne
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

Were there signs of any problems? I mean why!! why! A really good friend died 2 years ago but there was nothing he could of done except wear his seat belt.. this on the other hand really sucks! why!?
          He seemed very charismatic, lively, his quotes; the way he talked, I just dont get it.

still shocked !

Comment

• Garrick
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

knowing him personally for a long time, he did battle depression. to make your point, he WAS very charismatic and very very lively and never alluded to doing something of this magnitude. so i sincerely do NOT think that this is something anybody could have done anything about. all i can say is that he chose his path and chose to do it quietly, but always remember that he made everyone around him feel good and that's what everybody should be focusing on. he was the best of friends when i needed one and the man is in a better place.
            Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• lilsensa
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

We portray a certain image of ourselves, because we care what people think of us and/or we don't want them to see the pain we have because it hurts them. That is why he was the character that he was. He loved everyone too much to burden them with his pain. So instead, he made us laugh, and dance.

Steve was like that. His problems were never pawned off on anyone because he didn't want people to worry about his problems. He was a proud person, and a bit stubborn at the same time. He listened to advice, but I could tell that he was going to do it his way anyway. I respect that.
              RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• lilsensa
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Garrick
                all i can say is that he chose his path and chose to do it quietly, but always remember that he made everyone around him feel good and that's what everybody should be focusing on.
                Rest his soul, but I am very relieved that he chose to go the way he did. don't misunderstand me though, I never ever wanted to see any of this go down, but out of all the ways, this was a very peaceful way. It was not malicious of him, meaning, this was the most "humane" way to be found.....Imagine the impact this would have had if he cut his wrists, shot himself, or even hanged himself...We should be happy to have known him and also have some respect for the way he carried it out. RIP.
                RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• clintlove
                  Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                  • Jun 2004

I haven't been able to get his face out of my head all day. He was such a riot in P-cola and the backbone of the party. I'm glad I got a chance to meet him and hangout for a few days. Even if I hadn't, the impact he has made on me while I've been on ms is indescribable and unforgetable. I went to bed last night with him in my mind and woke up first this morning thinking of him. We will all miss him so much. I'm still in shock and will be for some time to come. There won't be one day I'm on this board that he will not cross my mind. May God be with him, his family, his friends and fellow ms'ers.

his post on my profile: "when i think about you, i disturb my rectal ceremonies and delve deep into the anal sanctuary that was once a peaceful landscape, but is now a fruitful playground for the deceptive idealists that were once abnormal dropping swappers."

^^ look at that damnit, it's fucking hilarious... how the fuck...

RIP Jibbs

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• Bender420
                    Tickle me Elmo!
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by megan love
                    we would love to have you guys back over. i know a lot of people do family things on thanksgiving, but perhaps you can head over that evening. but even if you can't make it at that time, you guys are welcome here ANY time. just let us know.

all i can do is try. there was no way i could make it thursday, but moving it to friday makes it possible with alot of changing of plans. i'll see what i can do. i'll speak to clint and see what his holiday plans are.
                    Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• DIDI
                      Aussie Pest
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by lilsensa
                      We portray a certain image of ourselves, because we care what people think of us and/or we don't want them to see the pain we have because it hurts them. That is why he was the character that he was. He loved everyone too much to burden them with his pain. So instead, he made us laugh, and dance.

Steve was like that. His problems were never pawned off on anyone because he didn't want people to worry about his problems. He was a proud person, and a bit stubborn at the same time. He listened to advice, but I could tell that he was going to do it his way anyway. I respect that.
                      I sincerely hope all you men are getting this !! It is a worse problem for men.! Reach out. !! How much worse is it for your friends to go through this.
                      Originally posted by TheVrk
                      it IS incredible isn't it??
                      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• scifi pi
                        Addiction started
                        • Oct 2004

I know for a fact that the music and Mercury server were the wonderful postive light in Steve's life. As many of you have experienced first hand, Steve was a giving, kind, stand-up person. And I think that is why it is so hard to comprehend on why and how this has happened. On a recent and local level, myself and many others in Pensacola took him in with open arms and knew he had some past issues with his living arrangements in Tampa. After the Mercury Server reunion weekend here and his long drive back with Steve Graham, he realized that when he got back that he had no one in his own hometown to share the great experience he had just had. And it was a repeat from previous times coming back from Pensacola on the many occassions he came here to visit and play. No intention on discounting anyone in Tampa or anywhere else, for some reason he felt more connected and rewarded if started anew in Pensacola. I was one of the many that convinced him to come here so that he could focus on his new job/career with Walgreens and on his music. Possibly get into producing with our local progressive house head studio artist, Kevin Rockwell. I even made many efforts to get him booked once he moved. Within a week or two of him arriving, I had booked him at Pensacola's biggest EDM monthly and got him and Hafid a monthly residency at Pensacola's newest lounge. IMHO things were looking great for Steve James. After finding out on Sunday that he missed worked and had not contacted anyone, Hafid and I spent most of the day and evening looking for him. I personally and Mindy drove around Pensacola at every hotel and every Walgreens I passed by. Repeating three times just to hopefully run into him, but with no luck.

For many of us, we now know that its been a privilege and honor of knowing the better side of Steve James. That is how he should be remembered and honored. The music was his light and lifeline. It is unfortunate that it wasn't enough. I only wished he was here in Pensacola a bit longer so that he could have experienced the great love and comadrie that we have and had for him.

If anything, we need take this negative and turn to a positive. Cherish and honor your experiences and memories of him. Share those with others. Take the time to mend, fix and make peace for those that you love but are in turmoil. Show the people you love and care for with more fervor. Hug them twice. Kiss them longer. Offer your hand when not expected with even a stranger. Ever little bit counts, more than you know. Treat them like Steve treated you. Doing that would be the best honor for him and everyone he touched.

Transpire to inspire....thats what he did for me and I shall do the same.

Comment

• thesightless
                          Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by scifi pi
                          If anything, we need take this negative and turn to a positive. Cherish and honor your experiences and memories of him. Share those with others. Take the time to mend, fix and make peace for those that you love but are in turmoil. Show the people you love and care for with more fervor. Hug them twice. Kiss them longer. Offer your hand when not expected with even a stranger. Ever little bit counts, more than you know. Treat them like Steve treated you. Doing that would be the best honor for him and everyone he touched.

this is so true scifi. while i am terribly sad, every new memory that pops into my head has me smirking and smiling. just ot think of the impact he had here, i wish i could have counted him as a personal friend in the capacity of being able to hang with him weekly. i got along well with him, talking often. and he ALWAYS found a way to get me laughing. and when i was in a good mood, he made me even better. his posts, his messages, god.. we lost a good one i hope he is finally happy.
                          your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                          download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• DIDI
                            Aussie Pest
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by scifi pi

I'm learning from this even from here. There is someone I haven't been in contact with, I have to fix that!
                            Originally posted by TheVrk
                            it IS incredible isn't it??
                            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Garrick
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Jun 2004

i'm trying to feel solace in knowing that he could read your comments and know how much everyone cared about him... but i am not. this is proving to be a lot more difficult than i thought. not trying to be a downer but i don't know what to do.

Comment

• ddr
                                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
                                this is so true scifi. while i am terribly sad, every new memory that pops into my head has me smirking and smiling. just ot think of the impact he had here, i wish i could have counted him as a personal friend in the capacity of being able to hang with him weekly. i got along well with him, talking often. and he ALWAYS found a way to get me laughing. and when i was in a good mood, he made me even better. his posts, his messages, god.. we lost a good one i hope he is finally happy.
                                ditto.

i knew him since the Audio Galaxy days. we chatted almost every week, either on soulseek or through aim. he would always come out of leftfield with an anus joke somewhere... and it would always be funny. no matter how many anus jokes he can tell... he would always put a new and interesting spin on it.

it wasnt until this year that he wasnt on more than he usually was. last i spoke with him was about a month or two ago. he told me he has been in Pensacola and met a beautiful girl.... i congratulated him and told him that i was sincerely happy for him. saddens me that it had to end like this.

i have no doubt that the CD or mp3 he had playing as he went to sleep was Digweed. no doubt in my mind.
                                "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

Working...