• Show
Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

It's iPhone 6 day today.

www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
  • clintlove
    Hey girl, ya Hungry?
    • Jun 2004

Re: It's iPhone 6 day today.

I'm a little bit excited to say the least. Still rocking a 4s and my wife has a 4. Wasn't too impressed with the 5/5s so I decided to wait it out. Hope I'm impressed enough this time around cause I sure as hell don't want an Android or Windows phone

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

I actually love my 5S and I'm really loving the 4" screen size. I don't know how I feel about the rumored upcoming 4.7" slimmed iteration of the iPhone (aka over-sized iPod Touch with a SIM slot) or the 5.5" gargantuan beast. Knowing I'm a tech junkie, my dad got me a Samsung Galaxy S5 on my last trip to India so I have a 5S and the S5 and I love them both for what they are.

Other than iOS 8, I don't think Apple's live event holds much excitement for me as the 5S has been really good to me (other than the odd bunch of OS bugs that have been creeping up from time to time).

Now if they announce some improvements to the upcoming Macbooks, those would be very welcome as I'm nearing the purchase of a new Laptop.
      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• dusk
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Am an old fashioned watch person... so the apple watch doesn't do much for me. Then again the iPhone 6 plus... I'm liking it.... either way I wanna get the 128gb one.... finally the upgrade that I was looking for.
        ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• Kamal
          Administrator
          • May 2002

Originally posted by dusk
          I wanna get the 128gb one.... finally the upgrade that I was looking for.
          The ONLY reason for me to upgrade, the number of photos and videos I have of my daughter on this device is resulting in me running out of space. But, having only recently sold my 5th gen iPod Touch, I'm happy to troop it out with my 5S for another year.
          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• floridaorange
            I'm merely a humble butler
            • Dec 2005

How do you like your samsung S5 Kamal? I love the easy interface of the OS on the iphones, and that's the only reason I don't have a samsung phone. I have the 5C, and only paid about $30 for it, so for me it was worth saving $100 instead of buying the 5S. I also don't really get the android app system in general, although Im sure it's simple enough... the OS just looks like shit, compared with apples, which I am so accustomed to at this point. I am excited for the 6... My wife has the 4 still and it just feels so old and outdated compared to the 5... but compared to the 6, Clint you are going to love it .

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

Not impressed with the iWatch. I do need more storage on my 5 but want to hang in there and get on the S cycle.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• ddr
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

iwatch is a bit crap imo.. i too am much more of a classic watch person, or gshock.

will be getting a 6 though, have a 5 so im due for an upgrade anyway.

probably upgrade my 2008 aluminum mbp pretty soon too, those retina's sure look nice.
                "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• feather
                  Shanghai ooompa loompa
                  • Jul 2004

So 4.7 or 5.5?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                  a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                  Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                  Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• subterFUSE
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Nov 2006

I will be getting the 4.7" model. The 5.5 is too large to fit comfortably in my jeans pocket.

I'm not sure which memory size to get. I currently have a 64 GB model of the iPhone5, and it is always full. But the majority of my space is taken up by Apple Lossless music files to play on my car stereo. I am about to buy a new media player for the car this week, though. Audison BitPlay HD. It's an SSD media player that can run Flac files up to 24 bit 192kHz with an Optical output that can plug directly into my DSP. So, I'm about to have a lot less reason to store my music files on the phone. Maybe I won't need the 128 GB phone?

I am actually very curious about the Apple Watch. I have never been a watch-wearer before mostly because my cell phone has a clock on it. But the Apple Watch is going to have a lot more functionality than just keeping time. I'm interested to see and learn more about it.

Comment

• ddr
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by subterFUSE
                      I will be getting the 4.7" model. The 5.5 is too large to fit comfortably in my jeans pocket.
                      my reasoning as well. i will probably up to the 64gb model, have a 16gb 5 currently and it kind of is a pain to keep refreshing the music on there every week or so (white ppl problems i know lol)
                      "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• Kamal
                        Administrator
                        • May 2002

Originally posted by floridaorange
                        How do you like your samsung S5 Kamal? I love the easy interface of the OS on the iphones, and that's the only reason I don't have a samsung phone. I have the 5C, and only paid about $30 for it, so for me it was worth saving $100 instead of buying the 5S. I also don't really get the android app system in general, although Im sure it's simple enough... the OS just looks like shit, compared with apples, which I am so accustomed to at this point. I am excited for the 6... My wife has the 4 still and it just feels so old and outdated compared to the 5... but compared to the 6, Clint you are going to love it .
                        The S5 is really growing on me. The amoled screen with the borderline artificially popping colors is mind numbing when I stream movies wirelessly to the device. The stock music player is pretty good too, playing just about any format I've saved on there so far. Battery life (considering there is no SIM in the phone and it's mainly a wifi enabled media player for me so far) is pretty good, lasting more than 3 days with less then average use. The phone is narrow (like the iPhone 6 Plus) so despite being 5+ inches doesn't feel overwhelmingly large in the hands.

And since I got it in India, I got the Exynos Octa core processor version (not the quad core Snapdragon version) and although I haven't played with a comparable version to make an educated statement on performance, I have noticed no lag what-so-ever with the Octa core version. Add to the fact that I have programs to rip and download YouTube videos makes it easy to save nursery rhymes on it, which makes it a delight for my daughter to play with on long car drives. Add to it the ability to "lock" the screen and disable touch inputs when a video is playing helps with the fact that now my daughter can't even turn off the video or end up navigating to a different part of the phone and delete something unexpectedly - a REALLY handy feature of the stock video player.
                        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• subterFUSE
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Nov 2006

Nobody talking about Apple Pay much, but I actually feel like this is probably the biggest reveal from yesterday.

Looks like Apple is about to turn the world of merchant processing on its head.

Also looks like Apple just blew Coin out of the water before they even set sail.
                          I'm glad I didn't pay for a pre-order.

Comment

• Kamal
                            Administrator
                            • May 2002

It's kinda like the finger print sensor, it didn't create much hype until the phone actually launched and people started to use it, but holy shit can I not live without that bad boy anymore...
                            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• clintlove
                              Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                              • Jun 2004

I'm hyped. Still can't decide if I want the 4.7 or 5.5. I went as far as cutting exact size replicas out of cardstock so I could see how they both fit in my hand. I know I'm a total dork. Only thing I worry about with the 5.5 is being able to fit in my jeans pockets. Hell I can barely squeeze my 4s in there. I ain't about to be that guy with it clipped to his belt.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

Working...