X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jammer8
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

Re: megaupload taken down ?

they're taking everyting down. piratebay, which i never use and btjunkie are both down as well.

Comment

• tiddles
      Encryption, Jr.
      • Jun 2004

filesonic looks to be either fucked or covering their asses

Comment

• 88Mariner
        My dick is smaller
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Jammer8
        they're taking everyting down. piratebay, which i never use and btjunkie are both down as well.
        as soon as they take them down, new ones will pop up, guarded against the errors the megaupload (and other) owners/hosts committed to get in trouble. the authorities focused on megaupload because it was the most prominent target.

Originally posted by tiddles
        filesonic looks to be either fucked or covering their asses
        saw that. probably both.
        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• tiddles
          Encryption, Jr.
          • Jun 2004

it was fun while it lasted

MegaUpload Closed.
          FileSonic (Owns WUpload and UploadStaion) ALL Sharing disabled. Closed affiliate program. Deleting files and accounts.
          FileServe Deleting multiple files. Closed affiliate program.
          FileJungle (Owned by FileServe) Deleting multiple files. Testing out blocking some USA IP addresses.
          UploadStation (Owned by FileSonic) Deleting multiple files. Testing out blocking some USA IP addresses.
          VideoBB Closed affiliate program.
          ~disallowed~ Banned USA IP addresses.
          FilePost Started suspending accounts with infringing material (doing what Hotfile did)
          VideoZer Closed affiliate program.
          4shared Deleting multiple files.
          RapidShare,MediaFire,BitShare on deck.

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Holy fuck! Are we going back to the dark days of private ftp?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• res0nat0r
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • May 2006

Pretty crazy this happened, but it looks like it was in the works for a long time, and honestly megaupload was primarily used for piracy, so this really isn't suprising. Plus their blatant disregard for takedown requests and also facilitating piracy based on the internal emails used in the complaint shows what happens when you do things like this.

Also SoundCloud for sure will be fine. Its primary use isn't to make money and host off the backs of known copyrighted works, so they are all good. The other file sharing sites like uploaded.to which are blocking US IP's right now are probably doing that because they know they are doing the same thing as megaupload and are used mainly for piracy. I think RapidShare went thru a lawsuit a while back and came out ok, I'm guessing because they are used for piracy a lot, but they actually don't knowingly profit off of it and respond to takedown requests as intended. I'm not sure if they have any us based servers or not.

We should be using S3 from Amazon to store all of our shit which will never go away or be deleted and is super fast, but the problem is it will cost some cash http://aws.amazon.com/s3/#pricing

Comment

• tiddles
                Encryption, Jr.
                • Jun 2004

Yeah, I use S3 for a bunch of stuff. It's cheap, but doing sets on it will be pricey. You can set and control access keys, so we could theoretically set up a small group for it and have people pitching in for the fees, but it would be a huge hassle to setup.

We should just post mix tapes around the world instead.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • May 2006

Yeah, uploading stuff to it is also a pain in the ass. It really isn't made for easy filesharing. Too bad because it is great for speed and uptime. I think just other filesharing sites are going to be the easiest to use for now unfortunately.

Comment

• feather
                    Shanghai ooompa loompa
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by res0nat0r
                    We should be using S3 from Amazon to store all of our shit which will never go away or be deleted and is super fast, but the problem is it will cost some cash http://aws.amazon.com/s3/#pricing
                    We should be buying an island and building a data haven a la Cryptonomicon!

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• nick007
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Oct 2007

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• thebanned1
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by tiddles
                        it was fun while it lasted

MegaUpload Closed.
                        FileSonic (Owns WUpload and UploadStaion) ALL Sharing disabled. Closed affiliate program. Deleting files and accounts.
                        FileServe Deleting multiple files. Closed affiliate program.
                        FileJungle (Owned by FileServe) Deleting multiple files. Testing out blocking some USA IP addresses.
                        UploadStation (Owned by FileSonic) Deleting multiple files. Testing out blocking some USA IP addresses.
                        VideoBB Closed affiliate program.
                        ~disallowed~ Banned USA IP addresses.
                        FilePost Started suspending accounts with infringing material (doing what Hotfile did)
                        VideoZer Closed affiliate program.
                        4shared Deleting multiple files.
                        RapidShare,MediaFire,BitShare on deck.
                        i actually applaud this...some of the sites mentioned above have been @ it for fucking ages, i only wish they were busted instead of megaupload...how can u justify giving out money for people who bring traffic to these sites, bye bye domi and all the rest of them imo

i,m actually happy about this tbh
                        How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• Kamal
                          Administrator
                          • May 2002

welcome back brutha

Originally posted by 88Mariner

www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                          Originally posted by ace_dl
                          Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• picklemonkey
                            Double hoodie beer monster
                            • Jun 2004

Comment

• thebanned1
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • May 2009

With Megaupload down we had nothing better to do than read the US government's 72-page document regarding the site's indictment. Here are the juicy details.
                              How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• chunky
                                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                                • Jan 2006

Originally posted by thebanned1
                                how can u justify giving out money for people who bring traffic to these sites, bye bye domi and all the rest of them imo
                                Uh you could get money from Megaupload and Rapidshare as well
                                Originally posted by res0nat0r
                                OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

Working...