• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • go0gle
    Platinum Poster
    • Jan 2007

Re: 2014 John Digweed live in?

Originally posted by Simeon
    in other news that Pig & Dan album is gonna be HUGE!!!!!
    Is Bedrock associated with their album in any way ?

Comment

• Simeon
      Platinum Poster
      • Jan 2010

thought that the issue with vinyl pressings was the main reason for the slight delay....
      From Balearic to Techno...

http://www.mixcloud.com/Simon_G/
      http://soundcloud.com/geosim

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by sbando
        No, just the CD. It takes me 90 minutes to fly to London, did they ship the record with a pigeon?
        Sounds like your location is the exception if most of us have gotten ours.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Simeon
          Platinum Poster
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by go0gle
          Is Bedrock associated with their album in any way ?
          their album ''Destination Unknown'' will get a full release via Bedrock....listen some bits from the sampler today and sounds amazing...Digweed also played their ''Supersonic'' track on his latest Transition!

Comment

• go0gle
            Platinum Poster
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Simeon
            their album ''Destination Unknown'' will get a full release via Bedrock....listen some bits from the sampler today and sounds amazing...Digweed also played their ''Supersonic'' track on his latest Transition!
            nice! I bet he will play some of them over the summer at Pacha.. he is coming back to San Francisco in august so maybe I will get to hear them on a big system as well. The Pig&Dan track from the Versus album is one of my favorites

Comment

• go0gle
              Platinum Poster
              • Jan 2007

I really like when he plays at those relatively lower BPM levels.. I know its a stretch but at times CD1 reminds me of Cattaneo's Parallel CD1

Originally posted by barski
              Is this good stuff?
              I was thinking it was going downwards from bedrock 11 and the next combo's, but maybe I'm wrong.
              I don't know if its better, but it certainly sounds very different compared to bedrock 11 . Maybe go trough some of tracks first and see if you like the sound before buying ?

Comment

• chuckc
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by unrecogniseduser
                first time i ever bought a digital compilation release. Enjoying it, kind of wish i had bought the cd afterall
                me also, although its nice to get all the trax as well!!

if the cd wasn't so expensive this time around i would have bought it.
                but 42 US dollars for 3cds is a bit overpriced imo.

Comment

• Hoff
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Aug 2009

hey simeon i think you understand the immensity of this
                  https://soundcloud.com/albas/tim-green-feat-hayley-hutchinson-helpless-sun-original-mix

especially in the first half of that gem if you´re there in the Live

fuckyou simon uhuhuhuhuhuhu

beware of suarez in a few days uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh

Comment

• Illuminate
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Aug 2009

^

Love your work Gus.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                    Sbando
                    - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                    Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                    Bob
                    "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                    the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                    KiwiTollway

Comment

• Illuminate
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Aug 2009

What can I say about this release?

It was much more different to what I though it was going to be, and after some listens I must admit I'm not completely hooked nor amazed,, with relation to other releases from the series. Opening with CD 1 was a perfect education on how to warm up the crowd, some DJ's sure could learn a few things from this CD. Great mixing and the deliberate steadying of the BPM was expected, and drawing on to CD 2 it was a great levy to possibly the more structured hour of the three CD's. Things are getting a lot more deep and the BPM does increase slightly, but no where as we're use to hearing from a truly warmed up JD. Track selection in both of these CD's were different to say the least, like with any music subjective to my taste, but as going to my previous note of; this is not the release I expected from Miami.

CD 3 is probably where this edition draws its differences, you do expect something a little more foot loose, as identified to the later hours of the night in the clubs, but I couldn't really get a grasp of what he was trying to deliver. For example opening with such a dark and almost break beat-ish track on the remix of Gemini to the lucid mellow track of Blue, really just threw me out. I can't say why it was done, maybe miscued or lost a CD? But I believe this goes for most of CD 3, not greatly structured which is shameful of JD, but obviously hidden by the almost superfluous transitions. I think CD 3 should have just been the last hour of the whole night. If the JD franchise was really trying to capture or the closing of The Vanguard, the final track with the The End by The Doors, could have been something special, as opposed to just something, somewhere in the middle of the night. Would have loved to hear the crowds reaction to that, more so in a sense expressing a true journey of an ending to the night, the club, and the relation it had with the people.

I may require a few more listens to appreciate it a bit more, but until then I believe it's a missed opportunity more than anything with this release of the whole 'Live' series.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                      Sbando
                      - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                      Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                      Bob
                      "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                      the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                      KiwiTollway

Comment

• unkle
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • Mar 2007

This .......

Originally posted by go0gle

I really like when he plays at those relatively lower BPM levels..
                        I know its a stretch but at times CD1 reminds me of Cattaneo's Parallel CD1

I love that part. low and slow bpm. warm up style.

Comment

• go0gle
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Illuminate
                          What can I say about this release?
                          I think the issue with any live recording is that when you listen to it at any other set/setting than the one it was played at it might sound a bit odd at times. In fact I am surprised that these live in albums sound as good as they do in the car or at home, but regardless in every single CD from the series you can find moments that don't make much sense to you, but it was probably spot on the dance floor.

I remember a lot of the tracks on CD3, and the energy in the room was incredible..ask anyone that was there and they will likely tell you something similar. He often says that he needs the crowd to trust his selection, and I think that at nights like that he probably feels that he can push the limits, which I think is great... surprising the crowd is always welcomed : )

Comment

• Simeon
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Hoff

hey simeon i think you understand the immensity of this
                            https://soundcloud.com/albas/tim-green-feat-hayley-hutchinson-helpless-sun-original-mix

especially in the first half of that gem if you´re there in the Live

fuckyou simon uhuhuhuhuhuhu

beware of suarez in a few days uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh

captures perfectly the vibe Hoff....there are a few moments on CD1 that gave me the feeling of his GU Hong Kong! tracks like Cesare vs Desorder etc.

Comment

• klangfabrik
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2009

i really, really like cd2. great tunes and building.
                              disc 1 didnt do much for me so far, but it was my first listen. haven't gotten to cd3 yet, but i'm afraid i dont need the classics.

Comment

• Troklo
                                Platinum Poster
                                • Jun 2004

I absolutely love this CD! It's early to say but I think I might even like it more than London
                                Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

Working...