X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Banksy Gave a Kid on a Train a Signed Painting Worth $30,000

Good stuff from Banksy! And a story this kid will never forget. I'm sure the kid will be tempted to sell the painting, would be a tough decision depending on various factors.

After helping a man pick up paints that fell from his bag on a train in Cumbria, 14-year-old Ben Azarya​ was blessed with a signed painting by an artist he had never heard of. The man turned out to be Banksy, one of the most famous street artists of all time, and the painting Azarya received is said to be worth five figures.

According to the New York Daily News, Azarya helped the man who introduced himself as Robin Banks. "He opened his rucksack and had a gas mask and spray paints inside," the teenager said. "He got out a piece of paper and had colors marked on it of what he had been trying out and he dropped his colors." Banksy asked the Azarya if he knew who Robin Banks was, and when Azarya said he didn't, the street artist gave him the artwork, said that it would be worth around $30,000, and told him, "Have a good life, brother."

Azarya described Banksy as a white man in his late 40s with "scruffy clothes" and an old, fluffy hat. "He had a little jacket that didn't go over his arms and jeans with paint on. He looked really wacky and had blonde hair and blue eyes."

Bonhams Auction House has advised Azarya and his mother to have the work authenticated, and Azarya already has plans to buy a new phone when the painting is sold.
    Last edited by floridaorange; January 11, 2015, 02:59:46 PM.

It was fun while it lasted...
  • Zover
    Banned
    • Mar 2014

Re: Banksy Gave a Kid on a Train a Signed Painting Worth $30,000

Turns out the kid sold it and spent the money on drugs and hookers. He became mentally unstable after that and threw himself under a train. Tru Fax

Comment

• Zover
      Banned
      • Mar 2014

LoL at Robin Banks.

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

^^^ Surely no parent would do that to their child
        Originally posted by TheVrk
        it IS incredible isn't it??
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• unkle
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Mar 2007

I dont know too much about
          Banksy, but I really like his work.

Comment

• KiwiTollway
            Platinum Poster
            • Jan 2014

30K? that's amazing .. pretty sure some of Banksy's work has been feature on Eternal Postings of ...

Attached Files

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

Meanwhile here in Australia we put the sewage pipe through one
              Originally posted by TheVrk
              it IS incredible isn't it??
              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• sbando
                Going back to Romford
                • Apr 2008

I have a Jackson Pollock that I stole from Tate Modern.
                ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
                ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• Garrick
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

wait... is that the picture of the painting and the kid, kiwi? and he wants to sell it so he can buy a new phone? wtf?! come on. it's sad when a phone is worth more to you than a unique moment and gift such as that. he doesn't appear like he's hurting for money from that photo, either.
                  Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jan 2014

^^ excellent point. very sad indeed.

phones are their life....

Comment

• Zover
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2014

Why does Banksy keep painting the same picture?

Comment

• Zover
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2014

Am I the only person who thinks this story is bullshit.

Comment

• feather
                          Shanghai ooompa loompa
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Garrick
                          wait... is that the picture of the painting and the kid, kiwi? and he wants to sell it so he can buy a new phone? wtf?! come on. it's sad when a phone is worth more to you than a unique moment and gift such as that. he doesn't appear like he's hurting for money from that photo, either.
                          Plus that's a very old design. I doubt if Banksy is still working on that and carrying it around. Very skeptical.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Garrick
                            I think that if he could swap that picture for an iPhone he will be up on the deal.

Comment

Working...