• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: A big change is on its way...[vb4 upgrade]

Originally posted by chunky
    I just checked some and they are narrower than yesterday.
    You'll have to brush up on your spelling is all

Thanks for checking on that Chunky, guess my attention to detail hasn't been completely lost during this recession after all
    Last edited by floridaorange; April 17, 2010, 02:27:42 PM.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• picklemonkey
      Double hoodie beer monster
      • Jun 2004

I did a search on the vbulletin site for a 4.0 spell-checker mod, but didn't see any. I don't know how partial you all are to Firefox, but it has on the fly spell-checking for all text boxes. Remind me in 6 months or something and I'll see if anybody releases one

Comment

• picklemonkey
        • Jun 2004

There were some problems viewing polls. I just adjusted the style sheets a bit so they should look much better now

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Digging the home page and the content. Would be cool if vb4 has some kinda 'magazine cms/mod' for the home page so it's more visual and the layout's better.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• picklemonkey
            • Jun 2004

What do you mean? It's pretty configurable... let me know what we can do better!

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

Oh I was just thinking of Wordpress themes like these ones which give them a more 'magazine' layout. The [ms] homepage's current layout is like a blog. Anyway it's not a big deal, just thought a more visual layout would do better justice to posts like simonr's Kiss writeups and Mcast session writeups.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• picklemonkey
                • Jun 2004

Find me an example

Comment

• feather
                  Shanghai ooompa loompa
                  • Jul 2004

I linked to a page in my previous post but hypertexts don't seem to be differentiated in a post, look like normal text.

Here's the link for an idea of what I'm referring to: http://blogof.francescomugnai.com/20...zing-examples/

I have a feeling vb4 probably won't have something like this though, this is more of a CMS thing.

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

I hate the thank you function !! It looks gratuitous and unbalanced . To be honest you have to have a thumbs down as well. Although I would prefer that people post what they feel without either. I was glad when you got rid of the rep system. To replace it with this just doesn't work for me.
                    Originally posted by TheVrk
                    it IS incredible isn't it??
                    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Kat
                      A pretty fn good milkshake
                      • Mar 2006

^^if i was to use this function it would be for this post
                      i dont like it either
                      is nothing wrong with saying thanks to someone
                      works well in a P&R forum
                      i'd much rather see the option of "like" and "dislike" to someones post
                      ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

^^^ Or even approve /disapprove
                        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• Kat
                          A pretty fn good milkshake
                          • Mar 2006

i think the problm with rep system was that it was anonymous so some people got offended by the comments they received and on the other side some ppl dared to be offensive just because it was anonymous, also the calculating + and - kept some in the reds
                          i'd recomend like or dislike (approve /disapprove) without keeping track of the numbers
                          ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• DIDI
                            Aussie Pest
                            • Nov 2004

Sounds like a plan !

Comment

• Michael^Heaven
                              Platinum Poster
                              • May 2008

Re:

Originally posted by Kat
                              i think the problm with rep system was that it was anonymous so some people got offended by the comments they received and on the other side some ppl dared to be offensive just because it was anonymous, also the calculating + and - kept some in the reds
                              i'd recomend like or dislike (approve /disapprove) without keeping track of the numbers
                              Completely agreed, Kat!

Comment

• feather
                                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                                • Jul 2004

A forum-wide option to hide the Thank Yous in a post would be nice too if we rather not get caught up in the whole rep mentality again, plus the 'thank yous' interrupt the flow of a thread.

Comment

Working...