• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Graham
    DJ Jelly
    • Jun 2004

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

Originally posted by AchtungBaby!
    A bit??? Second half Spain destroyed Germany.. could be easily 3-0 IMO...

Final will be great... Both teams are head to head.. the one that has a better day will win...
    sure after Spain got their goal and Germany were pressing yes it could have been 3-0.. Torres should have had one had he got the ball when he was wide open.. destroyed? I don't know about that, they deffo had a lot of possession and handled the counter attack nicely.. destroyed would be what Germany did to Australia, England and Argentina, lol

Comment

• trick12
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jul 2007

well i see that they got destroyed and not just beat coz spain was in control the whole game and ger game was completely blocked except for a couple of chances, so to get them from what they did to arg and eng to this must be destroying then, they def did a good effort tho throughout the the wc and i thought they had it for a min too. puyol took it by force
      Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• trick12
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by MJ
        FIFA sell their world cup sell their tickets a long time before it gets started, maybe they were hedging their bets on Israel being there.
        yeah but its being raised in about every game, it was esp vs ger here, i would understand if i saw an england or arg flag here

Comment

• Steve Graham
          DJ Jelly
          • Jun 2004

political statement? lol

Comment

• bobjuice
            Banned
            • May 2008

Final will be great... Both teams are head to head.. the one that has a better day will win...
            +1

Just very good, controlled, patient football won the day. Fair play to Spain for beating a German side that was beginning to look unbeatable.

Final really does look good. At the same time i've got to say Germany have been fucking class. For a lesson in defending as a unit and attacking as a unit i'd say look no further, i've really enjoyed the way they've gone about their business.

I thought both sides looked very good tonight and it could so easily have gone either way. Gettiing that first goal is always the key in games this tight imo.

Comment

• bobjuice
              Banned
              • May 2008

+1

Comment

• bobjuice
                Banned
                • May 2008

whoops

Comment

• Steve Graham
                  DJ Jelly
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by bobjuice

+1

Just very good, controlled, patient football won the day. Fair play to Spain for beating a German side that was beginning to look unbeatable.

Final really does look good. At the same time i've got to say Germany have been fucking class. For a lesson in defending as a unit and attacking as a unit i'd say look no further, i've really enjoyed the way they've gone about their business.

I thought both sides looked very good tonight and it could so easily have gone either way. Gettiing that first goal is always the key in games this tight imo.
                  exactly why I was saying destroyed is a bit harsh, lions share of possession, yes, destroyed, not in my opinion.. Germany were definitely fun to watch, and I hope they do go for it on Saturday

I wonder how different it would have been had Mueller been there?
                  Still think his yellow was a bit harsh after the hand ball on Uruguay went with out a yellow

Comment

• xellsys
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Jan 2010

well i have to admit, spain was the better team last night. nevertheless we just sucked, playing so passively and not daring shit... i mean, come on we can't stay back all game and hope for a counter which we then, don't even use!!! wtf...
                    sad play from us in my eyes, why did loew have to change our game play by 180 degrees. or probably it was lahm's recent statement about keeping the captain position and the dispute with ballack, i guess that could have brought some trouble into the team. most stupid time to mention stuff like that... -.-
                    tribute to spain, their best game in this tournament yet! now they'll only have to beat the oranges! gogogogo

Comment

• Steve Graham
                      DJ Jelly
                      • Jun 2004

^^^ saying you guys sucked is a bit harsh mate, you were just beat by a better team on the day imo

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Steve Graham
                        destroyed would be what Germany did to Australia, England and Argentina, lol
                        Must disagree just a LITTLE with this... i think Spain did to Germany something very similar on what Germany did to both of us ... i mean, on score chances, ball posession and all the important issues to control a game, Spain played a superb match and Germany could do nothing about it... If the scored were 3-0 (which again, was perfectly possible IMO) instead 1-0 things would be different...

Anyway Germany was a tremendous team among the whole WC and they will get 3rd place for sure.. Trully hope so cos they deserve it

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• Steve Graham
                          DJ Jelly
                          • Jun 2004

i think we just have a different idea of what destroyed means, lol

Comment

• TomTom
                            Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                            • May 2002

Sigh...what a shitty evening. Worst Game in the whole tournament from our side. Spain was better on all behalfs and they deserve to play the most desired Game of all Games so Congrats to Spain for making it to the Finals for the very 1st time in their history. I am not frustrated because we have lost against Spain but I am frustrated about the way we have lost. They didn't have respect but feared the opponent...didn't get that at all. Most players didn't play in 2008 when they lost against them as well and they have made some great Games in the tournament. Why on Earth they played so defense orientated is beyond me. They attacked Spain far too late, left the entire midfield for them and when they attacked, nobody was moving forward and it was a eye cancer feast of bad passes most of the time....horrible to watch. Especially when you know they can do better and that it's "only" a psychological thing.

Oh well, I won't complain too much about it. Average age is 23 on the team so they are just in their beginnings and reaching the Semi Finals was more than we dreamt of anyways before the tournament started. This Sunday I will watch the Finals and just cheer for the better team and stuff myself one last time with World Championship beer and bbq. This is the best about such tournaments anyways....have met my whole mates so many times in the last weeks and we have spent so much time together and had fun...priceless. Up for the next one in Brazil!

Comment

• Steve Graham
                              DJ Jelly
                              • Jun 2004

^^^ Euro 2012 should be a really exciting tournament!
                              It will be interesting to see how France, Italy and England bounce back.. and then how Germany grows, as you said, outside of Klose they are such a young team with already a successful run at football's biggest prize

you should be very very proud mate!

Comment

• trick12
                                Are you Kidding me??
                                • Jul 2007

great sportsmanship tomtom...

Comment

Working...