X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Big
    Platinum Poster
    • Nov 2004

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

Ahh yeah my mistake, Golden ball, boot whatevaz.

I thought the world cup was great. All the teams had problems with the ball initially but the more skilled players seem to deal with it after a match or two. Still think there was some class goals throughout the tournament and i enjoyed this world cup more so than previous years. That plus i was rooting for Spain from the start so a great result.
    www.twitter.com/mikeoreilly
    Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• TomTom
      Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
      • May 2002

Thanks to heavy boozing on Saturday and jungle temperatures over the Weekend, I was a wreck on Sunday. I didn't meet my friends but stayed at home and passed out during the 1st half and missed the entire 2nd half and also the extra time. I woke up by 2 AM because it was frigging hot in the room and guess what...the Game was over. I only know the result and haven't seen enough to say something, be it good or bad. But no matter how it was, Congrats to Spain. If you make it to the Finals and win it, you have deserved to be called the Champions. So hats down and Viva Espana.

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Miguel
        change ball back to this :

add one ref. behind each goal,

ONLY LIVE FEED TO THE SCREENS, NO REPLAYS
        agreed on all points

Comment

• bobjuice
          Banned
          • May 2008

This is the ball Fifa have in mind for the next World Cup. Thanks Mr Blatter, you're doing a great job there pfft

Comment

• bobjuice
            Banned
            • May 2008

And to liven things up even more i hear they're changing the rules governing what boots players must wear.
            Obviously it doesn't matter as it will be the same for everyone and the best players should still shine through shouldn't they?

Anyhting to make the game more "entertaining" for tv audiences has to be a winner doesn't it?

Personally i can't wait lol

Comment

• trick12
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Miguel
              change ball back to this :
              i hated this ball, esp on free kicks(when ur on the defending team)
              Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• Miguel
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Oct 2005

it could hit really hard

Comment

• floridaorange
                  I'm merely a humble butler
                  • Dec 2005

just wondering, is there any controversy over the ball chosen to be used during this world cup?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Miguel
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Oct 2005

^^^ big time, this is a new ball, first tournament it was used on, i thinnk the bundesliga(germans top league) was using it for the las 4 months of their competition.

this ball moves around to much making it hard for keepers to move towards it and catch it. it also bounces too much making it difficult to control

Comment

• floridaorange
                      I'm merely a humble butler
                      • Dec 2005

^ahh, i see, so when Spain kicked the ball to their keeper and it bounced over his head during the final game, the new ball was partly to blame probably... I also notice the ball curving around the keeper a lot, so that isn't standard either? good to know.

lastly, did the German team have an advantage because they had time to use this type of ball then, or is that difficult to say?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• xellsys
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jan 2010

welll i dont know anything about the german team playing with that ball before. but in a press conference some players were talking about how badly the current ball behaves in the air and how tough it is to grab for the keeper. so i figure they didn't play with it before.

Comment

• Miguel
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by floridaorange
                          ^ahh, i see, so when Spain kicked the ball to their keeper and it bounced over his head during the final game, the new ball was partly to blame probably...
                          in this specific play no, but when iniesta tries to control the ball you can see a high bounce of the ground
                          [QUOTE= I also notice the ball curving around the keeper a lot, so that isn't standard either? good to know. [/quote] YEAH THIS HAPPENED A LOT and its not normal, if the keeper is going to get beat let it be by the skills of the forward to kick the ball instead of by a creepy movement of the ball in midair

[quote=lastly, did the German team have an advantage because they had time to use this type of ball then, or is that difficult to say?[/QUOTE] i heard them say that , could not confirm it

Comment

• TomTom
                            Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                            • May 2002

Yep, we had the new ball in the last quarter of the Bundesliga season (our version of the best league... like Premier league in England or Series A in Italy). But I am not getting why people are concentrating on Germany. The ball was used since half a year in several european leagues and Adidas have stated that they have provided ALL World championship teams in December last year after qualification was over with sets of the new ball. I don't how how much truth is to that cause Adidas is a global player and they tend to lie till you prove them wrong lol.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Feb 2009

FIFA already knew about the shitty ball, the curving and all but they were agree with that cos want "more goals" ... not sure if Jabulani ball is the best way to get more goals but IMO eventually players will figure out how to play with it... Dont think it is a big deal BUT, the fact of playing for first time (at least for a big part of the teams) with such a ball at the most important tournament in the world was a big fail from FIFA...

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• bobjuice
                                Banned
                                • May 2008

Originally posted by AchtungBaby!
                                playing for first time (at least for a big part of the teams) with such a ball at the most important tournament in the world was a big fail from FIFA...
                                That's how i see it too. It's not a time for experimenting imo.

Comment

Working...