Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinnie97
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jul 2007

Re: Martin Garcia Music - Anyone with any connections know of any sets out there

Psy, it's not antagonism. It just looked like you were associating her with that quote when she made no such remark. It helps with clarity in a forum when proper quoting is done.

I personally can't wait until this MG infatuation fades.

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Re: Martin Garcia Music - Anyone with any connections know of any sets out there

^^ Yeah you are right, edited my post for clarity now.

@ psybangas That is an amazing post You seem to be taking a lot to heart which isn't meant, and not just from me.

I haven't changed There isn't anything antagonistic about my posts to you. I disagree sometimes. I've always done that It did look like you were attributing something I didn't say when you linked what chuckc said. I wanted that made clear. I was most definitely referring to him when I mentioned the abuse. Sorry if it wasn't obvious.

What would I pay for ??, definitely not the Sasha /Hernan gig. Seeing Sasha in 2 weeks. Where is the reference to Moonpark /Nick,??? cos I would pay for that !! Always been a fan but Nick just seemed to have a lot more depth this year. I would pay to be in a club with Martin playing. In fact the list of Argentine Djs I would pay for is very long. Which is why I am seriously considering going there for a prolonged holiday. Just for the partying.

Now tell us more goss about coke and acid filled nights and who offered to sleep with door staff ??? Glad to hear they don't allow smoking.
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• chuckc
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DIDI
        ^^^
        @ chuckc We may be unhappy with his choices, and we are free to say so, but we actually don't have any rights to abuse him for them.

whatever DIDI, he is a DICK to his fans.

Comment

• unkle
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Mar 2007

It's hard to say it for me, but he is right,
          Martin is a little selfish with us.
          but I respect him.

Comment

• chuckc
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

i respect him. just think dont think its right that he screws over his fans. i mean once in a while he can put something out cant he? whats the point of djing if you dont want your music heard.

Comment

• unkle
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Mar 2007

I say it again,
              full agree with you on that, chuckc.

Comment

• TheRebel88
                Fresh Peossy
                • Jan 2006

I gotta weigh in on this. Martin was always my favorite DJ. No one else could capture the sound, feeling, and flow of his sets and track selection. With that said, I definitely have a bitter taste in my mouth about how he has treated his fans. I can understand the need to control and regulate the music you play, but when you become a famous DJ, there is a de facto expectation that you have some sort of appreciation for the fans who made you a big name in an industry with many trying to break in. In that regard I feel that Martin has thrown his fans under the bus, and for that I am most saddened, and harbor a little ill feeling towards the man whose music I have enjoyed countless times.

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

As I said, I am not happy that we don't have FREE music from Martin and I have said that many times. But we have NO entitlement to it. Personally I am amazed that you all think you have a right to not only get free music , but also the right right to insult him because he doesn't give it to you. What sort of fans do that ???? It is not any form of respect.

I very rarely see any posts from people to thank the Djs that do give us free music. This culture of entitlement is probably the ugliest side of music today.

Personally, while I am may want more sometimes, I am very, very, grateful that this music is made at all. I'm more than happy to pay for the gigs , buy the cds etc.
                  STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• Knightsfan87
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Apr 2010

I'm sure there are plenty of artists around who chose not to post recordings of sets, or podcasts etc... I think people in this thread are reacting the way they are due to Martin releasing music in the past & now stopping for whatever reason.

Very much feels like he's going down Danny Tenaglia's road of not allowing for recordings etc. That may suck for fans & all, I understand.

BUT.... as somebody who got the chance to see Danny Tenaglia for 7 hours in a small intimate club (holds 200max)... it's special being able to hear his music when you couldn't on a day to day basis through your headphones, or in your car.

As I said, yeah it sucks we aren't getting music from Martin at the moment, but I dare say you could all thank those people that do recordings of artists gigs without them knowing or there authority, then posting it in shit quality on forums like these. I have no doubt in my mind, that more & more artists are really starting to get the shits with this & soon enough nobody will be providing music in decent quality.

DIDI on the subject of Martin not travelling, in particular to Australia. I would put money on the reason for this being our promoters simply are not interested/willing to take the risk. I'd go one further & say none of our promoters have even enquired about pricing for Martin, Deep Mariano etc... It's just the way it is.

Anyway, back to more pressing matters.
                    Stop hating on Martin just because your not getting something you want & keep listening to his past releases & hope for new stuff in the near future.

Comment

• DIDI
                      Aussie Pest
                      • Nov 2004

^^^ Thank you , someone looking at the bigger picture. !! Well except for the bragging bit about Tenaglia

Martin has never released music , it's always been stolen It's amazing those people who illegally record then release usually in crap quality, get thanked and yet the artists don't. If I was a Dj I would be right royally pissed about that

I even feel guilty because I recorded Martin's show for so long, in my own defence it was because it was being put out in bad quality and if it was going to be there, it should at least be in good quality.

Comment

• vinnie97
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jul 2007

Sense of entitlement permeates WAY more than the music industry...it's all too common whenever there's the prospect of a "gimme" and when one becomes accustomed to handouts. Meanwhile (and more on topic), we have DJs who are giving out their radio mixes and don't get many thanks here at all!

Comment

• DIDI
                          Aussie Pest
                          • Nov 2004

^^ It does indeed, but at least we don't ask authors for free books or painters for free paintings

I get most of my music from the artist's pages on Soundcloud so I tend to thank them there.

Comment

• chuckc
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DIDI
                            ^^^
                            Martin has never released music , it's always been stolen It's amazing those people who illegally record then release usually in crap quality, get thanked and yet the artists don't. If I was a Dj I would be right royally pissed about that

I even feel guilty because I recorded Martin's show for so long, in my own defence it was because it was being put out in bad quality and if it was going to be there, it should at least be in good quality.
                            ms should be shut down then. They have been "illegally" recording digweeds sets off the radio since its inception so what is the difference of someone recording the garcia sets off the radio then. give me a f*cking break.

as much as we all have supported martin on here to get totally screwed he is showing his true colors, he could give a f*ck about his fans. Both Digweed and Hernan have given props to MS for supporting them and growing their fan base through sharing the music.

as much as we all have supported martin on here to get totally screwed he is showing his true colors, he could give a f*ck about his fans. Both Digweed and Hernan have given props to MS for supporting them and growing their fan base through sharing the music.

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

^^^How have you supported him .?? Been to his shows ??, bought his CD s??? bought any of his tracks??? downloaded his illegally recorded radio shows and sets ???. Badmouthed him on a music forum ??? . How much have you shared ???

When we "support" someone is is only because they have something we want, their music in this case. It's not altruistic , we do it for ourselves. We get so much more from most of them than they get from us.

MS probably should shut down There is a shit load of illegal material. But the difference is John Digweed has apparently given MS tacit permission for MS to record his shows. Well, he obviously has. Martin never did. Hernan actually gave his to MS . So at least his is legal

Btw John and Hernan were doing alright before MS existed . Their fan base probably helped MS as much as MS helped them. It is a mutual thing. I found MS through Hernan's forum.

Comment

• chuckc
                                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                                • Jun 2004

u have gotten very annyoying lately and really are no longer any fun to have dialouque with. what dont you delete your account on here then if you think ms should be shut down. ms was meant to share music and if its broadcast on the radio there is no reason u shouldnt be able to record it...give me a f*cking break.

Comment

Working...