• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Lee Burridge - Robot Heart - Burning Man 2018

Originally posted by udolph
    but the reason why a whole scene is using networks with no download option, is for the feedback online.
    Yeah, I know all that but the feedback they get from me will be negative in this case. I hate what has happened in our scene.
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• udolph
      Gold Gabber
      • Nov 2009

I vote for streaming in lossless or 320 at least too.

We might establish a movement.
      "The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad."

Comment

• thebanned1
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • May 2009

then people would record it
        How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

We might establish a movement.
          ^^ Yeah, I would record It Seriously I would much prefer that downloads were enabled. But I do want to take my music with me. And I don't want to contribute to companies that take advantage of artists.
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• chuckc
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

actually overall i found this set rather weak for Lee. definitely not one of his better bm sets. surprisingly disappointed

Comment

• udolph
              Gold Gabber
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by thebanned1
              then people would record it
              the same goes for Netflix, Spotify, Google Play if you pay a subscription, you get unlimited access whenever you want.
              There will be people ripping it and uploading it for sure (like everything else), others will prefer the instantaneity of the original service.

Originally posted by DIDI
              ^^ Yeah, I would record It Seriously I would much prefer that downloads were enabled. But I do want to take my music with me. And I don't want to contribute to companies that take advantage of artists.
              We should understand that artists should gain some benefit of all this, it can't be 100% free (at least that the artist wants it like that). The feedback unified in one place is a good way to get exposure, comments, following, etc. Also a democratic way to really know (in the future) the real impact of an artist in the audience.

If you pay a subscription for unlimited streaming and the artist starts getting money, for sure the system will get improved and they will produce even better content and you could download everything.

This goes in detriment of record labels perhaps, because there will be people, quit buying digital releases in places like Beatport to buy Hifi mixed sessions, that's the free market competition, although, who wants a full track, wants a full track, is not the same than ripping it from mixed files. The common people (talking broadly) doesn't buy EP's, although they might buy sessions or albums, and DJ's probably wouldn't buy sessions and would keep buying music in record stores as usual.

Originally posted by chuckc
              actually overall i found this set rather weak for Lee. definitely not one of his better bm sets. surprisingly disappointed
              I agree. Although, first hour was nice to me.

Comment

• thebanned1
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • May 2009

the same goes for Netflix, Spotify, Google Play if you pay a subscription, you get unlimited access whenever you want.
                There will be people ripping it and uploading it for sure (like everything else), others will prefer the instantaneity of the original service.

audio isn't exactly like film though, in fact audio is ten times easier to rip and share because the files are relatively small compared with video in high quality, at the end of the day it's down to the artist/dj/platform if they allow sharing, the music industry has been hit harder than the movie industry because all the up to date tools are at your fingertips (if you know where to look) to create and share high quality audio, you can't exactly download a high def camera for example, you can however download a cooky copy of a high quality synth and daw.

Comment

• udolph
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Nov 2009

comparing a hi def camera with a pirated soft synth is totally unfair IMO, a fair analogy might be an analog synth and that cost money.

Anyways, that's a completly different discussion, but being short, I would pay $5 a month to get something like Soundcloud with HQ downloads if part of that money goes for the artist and I'm more than confident that the artists will create even better content.

Hey, now that I'm thinking, that's an idea for a platform. Kind of a Beatport of DJ sessions where the developer gets money, the artist for the content and the labels in concept of copyright.

Comment

• thebanned1
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • May 2009

comparing a hi def camera with a pirated soft synth is totally unfair IMO, a fair analogy might be an analog synth and that cost money.

the resolution of the ears isn't as great as the resolution of the eyes, the eye is more accurate, today, there is not much difference between analogue synths and software synths, you'll be hard pushed to tell the difference

Anyways, that's a completly different discussion, but being short, I would pay $5 a month to get something like Soundcloud with HQ downloads if part of that money goes for the artist and I'm more than confident that the artists will create even better content.

Hey, now that I'm thinking, that's an idea for a platform. Kind of a Beatport of DJ sessions where the developer gets money, the artist for the content and the labels in concept of copyright.
                    don't mean to sound offensive in saying this to you at all but you're talking nonsense, you haven't thought any of this through, take your $5 a month and who gets it ? the dj ? it gets split up and the artists get paid ? beatport already sell mixes btw and tbh i don't think many people buy them, probably because people are used to getting them for free, you're hardly going to set ideas alight offering $5 a month and if you start to increase the price you're going to get less and less people buying into the platform considering you can get spotify for that.

take an hour mix, how much do you think it costs for a dj to make ? say a tune every 4 minutes, 4 into 60, $1:50 a track on beatport..thats 15 times 1:50, works out at $22.50....say you have 30 djs on your platform and 100 users, each dj gets a share of your $5, works out close to $17 each they get per month they make approx and that's without what the platforms costs to run, it just doesn't make mathematical sense

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Nov 2013

The copyright violation is for the use of the tracks, not the DJ playing them.

Comment

• sbando
                        Going back to Romford
                        • Apr 2008

Happy Birthday, Chunks. Answer your messages.
                        ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                        ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                        ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
                        ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• DIDI
                          Aussie Pest
                          • Nov 2004

We should understand that artists should gain some benefit of all this, it can't be 100% free (at least that the artist wants it like that). The feedback unified in one place is a good way to get exposure, comments, following, etc. Also a democratic way to really know (in the future) the real impact of an artist in the audience.

If you pay a subscription for unlimited streaming and the artist starts getting money, for sure the system will get improved and they will produce even better content and you could download everything.

This goes in detriment of record labels perhaps, because there will be people, quit buying digital releases in places like Beatport to buy Hifi mixed sessions, that's the free market competition, although, who wants a full track, wants a full track, is not the same than ripping it from mixed files. The common people (talking broadly) doesn't buy EP's, although they might buy sessions or albums, and DJ's probably wouldn't buy sessions and would keep buying music in record stores as usual.

I agree. Although, first hour was nice to me.
                          You are preaching to the converted here. I am quite possibly the person on this forum who is most concerned about artists rights. You seem to be misreading some of my comments . Do you have any idea how little artists are paid by companies such as Spotify ?? And Souncloud seem to be getting everything for free. ?? I have a very simple system. I buy the tracks and Albums I love, we still have some artists who freely give us great music, certainly more that we will ever have time to listen to it all. I have always got my music by following the people who make the music I love. With Dj sets they introduce me to other artists that I can grow to love. . I play it when and how I feel at any given time. Who needs streaming . ??

I would be quite happy to pay for great sets that were recorded well. Hernan's Cordoba is a great example.!! Actually I would give my firstborn for that Or any of the sets of his I have seen at Stereo

Btw if you are interested in finding out more about artists rights The Trichordist | Artists For An Ethical and Sustainable Internet #StopArtistExploitation

And how much they get paid for streaming. The Streaming Price Bible Spotify, YouTube and What 1 Million Plays Means to You! | The Trichordist

Comment

• thebanned1
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by DIDI
                            Do you have any idea how little artists are paid by companies such as Spotify ??
                            yup and heres some figures to back it up, btw i pulled the album down after a month

Comment

• thebanned1
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • May 2009

Comment

• DIDI
                                Aussie Pest
                                • Nov 2004

It's so pathetic isn't it.

Comment

Working...