X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AntonyM
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2004

Re: Danny Howells at Arc in New York, on March 27th, 2004

Was going through one of the HD's the other night and found a bunch of Howells sets, this one is a corker, that Australia set around the same time is great too, will try to upload a few by Sunday.
    Originally posted by Shpira
    So came back last night...
    Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
    Originally posted by Illuminate
    Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
    2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
    3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
    4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• bunnyhate
      Fresh Peossy
      • Apr 2007

woohoo, thanks alot... looking forward listening to it

Comment

• tonig357
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by raver_mania
        Yeah, I remember a lot us (ex)Twilo-heads found a new home at Arc...but even that came to a quick end.

I remember the many roadtrips I used to make back in the day from DC to NYC!

Nowadays I don't even know what the good places in NYC are. Pacha? I've been there on big nights and its aiight (every time I'm there I have flashbacks of Kractory hehe), but I've heard the crowd on a normal night is very hit or miss.
        such a shame...this poor city has suffered from so many venue closures in the last few years...shelter is next on the list...like you said the only major club we have is pacha...i can't stand that place & it's because of the crowd...it's ok but only after 4am when the meatheads start to clear out & there's room to dance

this is new york fucking city..how the hell do we only have 1 mega club? yea yea i shouldn't complain as we have so much in the city to do anyway but i'm spoiled with the nightlife here & i want what we had 5 years ago..

Comment

• fabric8
          200mph Club
          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by tonig357
          such a shame...this poor city has suffered from so many venue closures in the last few years...shelter is next on the list...like you said the only major club we have is pacha...i can't stand that place & it's because of the crowd...it's ok but only after 4am when the meatheads start to clear out & there's room to dance

this is new york fucking city..how the hell do we only have 1 mega club? yea yea i shouldn't complain as we have so much in the city to do anyway but i'm spoiled with the nightlife here & i want what we had 5 years ago..

t, you'll be living in South Beach in no time, WMC in your back yard, suntanned year round, plenty of great music all the time, no icy winters to contend with, etc. etc.

btw:

Todays weather 87 degrees w/ clear blue skies (postcard material)

Comment

• phazon
            Gold Gabber
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by fabric8
            t, you'll be living in South Beach in no time, WMC in your back yard, suntanned year round, plenty of great music all the time, no icy winters to contend with, etc. etc.

btw:

Clear blue skies in London too - but it's about 45-50 degrees

Thanks for sharing this set, not sure I got this first time round
            ----------------------------

Comment

• tonig357
              Gold Gabber
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by fabric8

btw:

tempting...as much as i love the ocean i could never leave new york..i love the grime

Comment

• bobjuice
                Banned
                • May 2008

great share - thanks

Comment

• AntonyM
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Oct 2004

Been busy will get some older sets up tomorrow night, thx for being patient.
                  Originally posted by Shpira
                  So came back last night...
                  Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                  Originally posted by Illuminate
                  Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                  2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                  3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                  4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• I_Get_Radical
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by itrain333
                    could we start a Danny Howells Megathread/Archive thread? From reading this thread, it seems like there are a bunch of essential sets from Howells. Anyone up to the challenge?
                    This would be so huge! Get the mods on this, and see what the verdict is!

Comment

• Dhar_2
                      meat and potatoes
                      • Jun 2004

dug this out before my trip to hong kong

ace set i forgot how good it was!

we need more danny sets this long. the last one was the one from charlotte.

Comment

• progressive420
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

that charlotte set was damn good.
                        "Always........Dancing in My Mind"

Comment

• progressive420
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

does anyone happen to have the times for each track or a cue sheet by any chance?

Comment

• chunky
                            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by progressive420
                            does anyone happen to have the times for each track or a cue sheet by any chance?
                            Danny Howells - Live @ ARC Final Set New York (27.03.2004)-

Part 1

01. [00:00:00] Talismantra - Warmth Reheated (C.S.M.F. Records)
                            02. [00:02:30] Static - Cruising
                            03. [00:07:30] Telefon Tel Aviv - Sound In A Dark Room
                            04. [00:13:40] Telefon Tel Aviv - I Lied (Hefty Records)
                            05. [00:19:15] 1 Giant Leap ft Michael Stipe & Asha Bhosle - The Way You Dream (Cinematic Orchestra Mix)
                            06. [00:28:38] Fred Everything & Magik Johnson - What's Up Bro? (Nightshift)
                            07. [00:34:00] Pete Moss - Strive To Live (Alola)
                            08. [00:38:49] Salma Hayek - Quedate Aqui
                            09. [00:44:00] Martina Topley-Bird - Soul Food (Charles Webster's Bangin' House Dub) (Independiente)
                            10. [00:47:35] Gavin Froome - Sunsets (Nordic Trax)
                            12. [01:00:30] Asad Rizvi - Slippery Heights (SOCO Audio)
                            13. [01:08:00] The Ananda Project feat. Gaelle Addison - Cascades Of Colour (Danny Tenglia's Edit of the Saffron Mix) (Nite Grooves)
                            14. [01:17:03] First Choice - Double Cross (Original Tom Moulton Unreleased 12" Remix) (Danny Howells Edit) (Suss'd Records)
                            16. [01:29:33] DJ Ali feat Tim Fuller - Show Me Right (Dub) (Manali Records)
                            20. [01:51:48] Rare Influence ft Cheyne Coates - Take Me With You (Asad Rizvi?s Silvering Dub) (Inversus Records)
                            21. [01:58:07] Del 5 - The Booty People
                            22. [02:04:25] Nick Holder - Summer Daze
                            23. [02:09:52] DJ Gregory - Elle
                            24. [02:16:31] Penn & Chus - Esperanza (Blaze Rework)
                            25. [02:22:03] Audio Bullys - Do It For Love (Ashley Beedle Dub)

Part 2

01. [00:00:00] Sucker DJs - It?s Gotta Be (Chus & Ceballos Mix)
                            02. [00:03:54] Tone 7 with Hool vs Brucheimer - Magic Potion with In The Beginning (Acapella)
                            03. [00:11:00] Simon & Shaker - La Fiebre
                            04. [00:17:19] Mendo & Chab - Afrofunfunk (Imago Mix)
                            05. [00:23:22] Bjorn Mandry - Try Again
                            06. [00:28:42] Lee Coombs - Lick the Frog
                            07. [00:33:30] R?yksopp - Poor Leno (Silicone Soul Remix)
                            08. [00:39:20] Chiapet - Westworld (Skylark Remix)
                            09. [00:45:10] John Creamer - Lift Up the Needle (Ellis D Mix)
                            11. [00:59:17] Ceramix - Can You Dance?
                            12. [01:04:56] Prawler - Frisco (Electribe)
                            13. [01:10:10] Andrea T Mendoza - Nothing Without Me
                            14. [01:13:22] Rue - Disco Shit
                            15. [01:19:12] Sisters Of Mercy - Alice
                            16. [01:24:55] Neruda - West Ghost
                            18. [01:31:56] Le Dust Sucker - Mandate My Ass
                            19. [01:26:56] Puntes Y Tacones - Like This (Unknown Remix)
                            20. [01:42:20] Dino Lenny - I Feel Stereo
                            21. [01:49:35] Maskio - Acid Theory (Paranoid Jack Remix)
                            25. [02:16:27] Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso - Yo Yo Kids
                            26. [02:22:20] Spektrum - Kinda New (Tiefschwartz Vocal Mix)

Part 3

02. [00:03:47] Tomaz vs Filterheadz - Sunshine
                            06. [00:27:11] Reset - Runaway (Unknown Remix)
                            08. [00:36:42] DK8 - Murder Was the Bass
                            09. [00:40:31] Alan Braxe & Fred Falke - Runnin'
                            12. [00:55:40] Ashtrax - Helsinki
                            13. [01:03:30] Bushwacka! - Healer (House Mix) (Oblong)
                            15. [01:13:00] D'Malicious - Alive
                            18. [01:34:50] Octave One - Blackwater (Chase the Blues Instrumental) (430 West)
                            19. [01:41:15] J Axel - Love Letters
                            21. [01:51:03] Bedrock - Heaven Scent (Evolution Remix) (Bedrock)
                            23. [02:09:37] Scanty88 - Rathbone
                            24. [02:16:23] Luke Chable - Melburn
                            25. [02:23:50] Lostep - Burma (Global Underground)
                            27. [02:35:08] London Electricity - The Great Drum and Bass Swindle

Part 4

02. [00:04:45] Harry Peat - Affrodiziac
                            03. [00:11:20] Krystal K - Let's Get It Right (Danny Howells Edit)
                            04. [00:19:30] Deep Dish - Flashdance
                            05. [00:27:50] Depeche Mode vs Kaito - Only When I Release My Body (Danny Howells Edit)
                            07. [00:47:50] Matrix & Danny J - Vertigo (Goldtrix Mix)
                            08. [00:54:36] Danny Howells present Jamloops Volume 2 - Sex Machine
                            09. [01:00:21] Angie Stone - Wish I Didn't Miss You (Pound Boys Mix)
                            10. [01:08:00] Bjork - I Miss You
                            11. [01:11:50] Alison Limerick - Where Love Lives
                            12. [01:17:18] Future Sound of London - Papua New Guinea
                            13. [01:27:45] Donna Summer - Last Dance
                            14. [01:28:48] Donna Summer - I Feel Love (Danny Howells Mix)
                            15. [01:34:36] Bent - Always (Ashley Beedle Remix) w/ Lisa Stansfield - Hold On (acappella)
                            16. [01:46:30] Danny Howells - Dusk Till Dawn
                            17. [01:54:27] Inner City - Till We Meet Again
                            18. [02:08:15] Bob Marley - Could You Be Loved? (Danny Howells Edit)
                            Last edited by chunky; December 13, 2008, 08:04:55 AM.
                            Originally posted by res0nat0r
                            OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

^^ Thank you!!
                              Originally posted by TheVrk
                              it IS incredible isn't it??
                              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• progressive420
                                Platinum Poster
                                • Jun 2004

Yes thank you very much!!!!

Comment

Working...