• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddr
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Danny Howells @ Dig Deeper (Melkweg, Amsterdam) - 16.07.2010 5 HOURS

Originally posted by DIDI
    It's really sad that Dj's get judged on poorly recorded low bit rate sets.
    exactly the reason Tenaglia is so opposed to his sets being released... more of an Experience that you have to be there to experience.
    "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• tribalcho
      Gold Gabber
      • May 2008

Originally posted by ddr
      exactly the reason Tenaglia is so opposed to his sets being released... more of an Experience that you have to be there to experience.
      Btw Tenaglia said at his facebook fanpage,that he has started to record all of his gigs from some time now... but he is keeping the recordings for himself...
      GOING TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Todor Kalev - Bringing Back The Old School (Feb 201 by Todor Kalev | Mixcloud

Antarez on hearthis.at

Antarez - DJ Sets And Mixes | listen to music and sounds on hearthis.at

Comment

• chunky
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by tribalcho
        Btw Tenaglia said at his facebook fanpage,that he has started to record all of his gigs from some time now... but he is keeping the recordings for himself...
        I doubt anyone records all their sets and what would be the point. You just collect loads of music that no one listens to. I doubt even Tenaglia himself has time to listen to his own sets
        Originally posted by res0nat0r
        OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• Adzey
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by chuckc
          pretty boring set actually. very dissapointing. figured with 5 hours had to be a few good streches. but not the case.
          words fail me how you can class this as boring.

out of interest what sets in 2010 have not sent you too sleep?

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ddr
            You're preaching to the converted here As I have said, don't like the the way he does it, but respect his right to do so. The good news is a lot of Djs are taking back control and releasing sets they approve in high bit rate.
            Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• mikb
              Getting warmed up
              • Apr 2007

45 - Kiko - Tragolta

Comment

• tiddles
                Encryption, Jr.
                • Jun 2004

this set is a masterclass on how to build and lock into a groove. parts of it remind me of how the first disk from nocturnal frequencies 2 just piles it on...been a while since we had a howells set this long and it's a treat whenever these pop up

Comment

• jmrecillas
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Aug 2007

Whatever think the DJ himself about his work, what is really sad is not that, but what people judge about them. Is kind of annoying see people who always seems to know better than the DJ what he must mix, and so on and on. And always arguing about if the set is boring or not, or if has fresh tracks and tunes or not, and things like that. I think that the DK knows better than everybody else what is best for what they do, and thats the reason they are behind decks and not us. I like this set, no matter what think other people. Is good to listen set so massive like this, because they show us what is all about mixing and blending tunes one after another to create a whole set, and not just a bunch of tunes without sense. Tht is something can do in his own house with out beign a DJ.

Hope we can have a tracklist soon. =)

Comment

• Hoff
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Hoff
                    can not be so sick in the head and began so mist deep

never leave the first 30 of part1

in this dig*melkweg*deeper episode may be mary poppins entered through the window

really I still can not believe that danny * gave us the 2007 essmix introduction now live .... that intro is like a body organ or a leg since that masterpiece

Comment

• DIDI
                      Aussie Pest
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by tribalcho
                      Now that is just plain mean

Chunky I think you might be surprised how many record a lot of their own sets, if they think it's good, they can tweak it and release it. Which is how we get some great sets from great Djs.
                      Originally posted by TheVrk
                      it IS incredible isn't it??
                      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• bobjuice
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by Adzey
                        words fail me how you can class this as boring.

out of interest what sets in 2010 have not sent you too sleep?
                        ^ this

I wana know what you're ito as well if you finding mr Howells boring

Comment

• coleby761
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • May 2008

The journey of a set is what Danny brings every time. I also believe in interviews he stated he's uncomfortable playing Festival sets, or shorter sets. For me he's far and away the best DJ on the planet. I still enjoy the bang em out peak time sets occasionally. Though I find myself listening to sets like this one and lower BPM stuff all the time. The journey on this one is like it should be, pt1 beautiful, lush tracks, pt2 a little techier and never losing my attention and pt3 is filthy if you ask me. To each their own I guess.

And that fucking track at 251m is amazing. If that doesn't get the head nodding you've lost your soul

Comment

• ddr
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by coleby761
                            For me he's far and away the best DJ on the planet.
                            Agreed.
                            "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• Rizzo23601
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Dec 2009

amazing set. would kill to have it in better quality though hehe

Comment

• TheVrk
                                Gold Gabber
                                • May 2006

Originally posted by benchristopher
                                There are some tracks which might sound boring at home but when hearing them in a club with a good soundsystem they rock as hell. The build-up of the set is a masterpiece.
                                This is what i expected...the build-up being a masterpiece is nothing short of what i expect from Danny.

It's pretty obv that Danny, or any Dj really, will play what the crowd reacts to best, no?
                                From what i know ppl in the NL are always a bit more of a techy fan, be it in house or trance, so it doesn't surprise me that this mix turned mostly techy as it did

Comment

Working...