• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: hernán Cattáneo Resident | Delta FM 90.3 • 26.05.2012 • Episode 055

Originally posted by GregWhelan
    Stopped listenng to Hernan some time ago as every show was sounding the same to my ears.

Downloaded this on simonr's recommendation; can't say anything has changed really? Tracks are doing nothing for me. There are a few decent moments but overall it's the same old same old from Hernan. Would be good to hear him change his style a bit?
    What do you mean "style"??? It seems such a lightweight word for Hernan's music.

The only rules he follows are groove and melody!! I go back to listen to older stuff all the time and his music HAS changed enormously !! You just have to look at the range of producers he plays. But those two rules are always there. THAT is what none of us want changed. Perhaps he is just not for you Has to be some love left for other Djs
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• evo7
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

not digging the first half, second half better.....i still find Hernans weekly shows a bit hit and miss for me personally (i of course recognise the huge following he has here) ...i think they are bit too "deep-house" for me sometimes with pianos etc,,,, i look to mixes like the Electric Daisy Festival mix, this is where he really shines for me......

but look.....you cant please everyone
      www.soundcloud.com/superistic

Comment

• GregWhelan
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DIDI
        What do you mean "style"??? It seems such a lightweight word for Hernan's music.

The only rules he follows are groove and melody!! I go back to listen to older stuff all the time and his music HAS changed enormously !! You just have to look at the range of producers he plays. But those two rules are always there. THAT is what none of us want changed. Perhaps he is just not for you Has to be some love left for other Djs
        By style I mean that you can spot a Hernan tune after 30 seconds. It just seems to me to be the same beat, the same melody. Airy tracks that go nowhere.

I've been a big fan of HC since the late 1990's. It's only over the last 2 years that I have thought this though.He still has produced some excellent sets in the past, and I'm sure he will in the future.

Comment

• jmrecillas
          Gold Gabber
          • Aug 2007

Stopped listenng to Hernan some time ago as every show was sounding the same to my ears.

Downloaded this on simonr's recommendation; can't say anything has changed really? Tracks are doing nothing for me. There are a few decent moments but overall it's the same old same old from Hernan. Would be good to hear him change his style a bit?
          This is not the first time I saw someone who claims that he know what and what not must mix a DJ, just because he doesn't like the sound. But also has been happened on rock music. It's presumptuos to say that. I think Hernan is a great mixer and the way he blends tunes one after another its just amazing. If someone think that that is not right, he must come forward and start a career as a DJ, and we see how it results. In the meantime, just shut up, if you don't like Hernan style, just look for another DJ.

Comment

• Isti
            Addiction started
            • May 2006

Thanks!

Comment

• GregWhelan
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jmrecillas
              This is not the first time I saw someone who claims that he know what and what not must mix a DJ, just because he doesn't like the sound. But also has been happened on rock music. It's presumptuos to say that. I think Hernan is a great mixer and the way he blends tunes one after another its just amazing. If someone think that that is not right, he must come forward and start a career as a DJ, and we see how it results. In the meantime, just shut up, if you don't like Hernan style, just look for another DJ.
              Dear oh dear. Have you actually read my post? Specifically the last sentence? 'Would be good to hear him change his style a bit'. I'm not saying he has to, I'm saying that it would be good if he did.

I have made no reference to his mixing ability anywhere either. I think he is an exceptional mixer.

And telling me to shut up? Ha ha! This is a message board, and whilst it's great that posters like Didi and Hoff love the Hernan sound, you need to appreciate that people are allowed to express their opinion!

Comment

• GregWhelan
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jmrecillas
                Dear oh dear. Have you actually read my post? Specifically the last sentence? 'Would be good to hear him change his style a bit'. I'm not saying he has to, I'm saying that it would be good if he did.

I have made no reference to his mixing ability anywhere either. I think he is an exceptional mixer.

And telling me to shut up? Ha ha! This is a message board, and whilst it's great that posters like Didi and Hoff love the Hernan sound, you need to appreciate that people are allowed to express their opinion!

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

By style I mean that you can spot a Hernan tune after 30 seconds. It just seems to me to be the same beat, the same melody. Airy tracks that go nowhere.

I've been a big fan of HC since the late 1990's. It's only over the last 2 years that I have thought this though.He still has produced some excellent sets in the past, and I'm sure he will in the future.
                  Are you sure you have been listening to the same shows??? There has been heaps of lovely dark music. Lots of variation. They aren't his tunes and there are a lot of very different producers. I've actually been buying a lot of the tracks. Found some amazing new producers through these shows.

Btw Don't quite know how you meant that when you took my name in vain, but as far as I am concerned opinions are always welcome. And he is an exceptional mixer. To hear a 5 1/2 hour set of ebb and seamless flow, without a single missed beat is amazing. !!

evo 7 . The radio shows are always going to hit and miss to some degree with everyone. Mainly because there is such a variety of different music. It's part of that "Music from around the world thing " Which is why I can't quite get my head around Greg Whelan's comments I know I definitely have favourites. This one is good but there are others I prefer. Sometimes I listen and think something is really good, but I still don't like it as much.
                  STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• Hoff
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Aug 2009

is good that you said " It just seems to me "

that you're feeling the same beat etc and can not voyage anywhere

for me is just the opposite _ and I can go anywhere

and most impressive for me is how any track, any of them, in hernán hands Sounds ideally better than ever

hopefully a real extended masterpiece magically appears .. we all need that !!

you heard this greg :: Hernán Cattáneo Soundexile Mix The Remixes

Comment

• Hoff
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Aug 2009

double post

.. .

Comment

• GregWhelan
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

Didi/Hoff - think I'm getting misunderstood here. What I'm trying to say is that it's clear to me that you two are ardent Hernan fans - in fact I've never heard either of you say he's played a bad set - and that is fantastic. It's your opinion. I was just pointing out that, as this is a message board, I am allowed to express an opinion that is different to the 'norm'. I used you two as an example of the 'norm'.

jmrecillas seems to think that I cannot do that and that I need to shut up. And also be a DJ before I can comment on another DJ. A ridiculous theory I hope you'll agree!

For the record - I'm still a Hernan fan! But my main point is that what he has been playing recently is not for me at the moment.

Comment

• Hoff
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Aug 2009

ofcourse your are allowed to whatever opinion, never never said the opossite : ))

but let me tell you that I am veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery far from a norm _ very far from whatever norm

in terms of music :: Love hernán music will never be a norm, ...... that word is just nothing for me

I am so sooooooo far from the norm
                          that I´m leaving society to Live in a very different way, because Life for me goes completely by other sides

absolutely nothing to do with that word

and you can´t also put didi in whatever norm thing
                          is just not good .. so we 2 as no example of nothing maybe yes is good

yes the reality is that more than 12 years Live with hernán
                          ... and never ever had a bad musical experience, quite the opposite and always different

:

:

.. fully in Love with this

Comment

• DIDI
                            Aussie Pest
                            • Nov 2004

Didi/Hoff - think I'm getting misunderstood here. What I'm trying to say is that it's clear to me that you two are ardent Hernan fans - in fact I've never heard either of you say he's played a bad set - and that is fantastic. It's your opinion. I was just pointing out that, as this is a message board, I am allowed to express an opinion that is different to the 'norm'. I used you two as an example of the 'norm'.

jmrecillas seems to think that I cannot do that and that I need to shut up. And also be a DJ before I can comment on another DJ. A ridiculous theory I hope you'll agree!

For the record - I'm still a Hernan fan! But my main point is that what he has been playing recently is not for me at the moment.
                            Yeah, and we are discussing your opinion , we are not saying you can't have it. It's more that we think you are missing out by not listening

We are fans because he is fantastic, not because he is Hernan . I even told him once I would drop him like a hot cake if he kept playing that electro he had been throwing in to the old radioshow And It wasn't really a joke. I very rarely say about anyone that they have played a bad set. Mainly because they don't , they just play music I don't like. If I do it say it, it has been a stinker !!! What I would say is that it wasn't to my taste, which may be what you are actually saying. And from time to time I have said that about Hernan's sets , especially if he ventures too far into the tech area.

The big question is if you aren't listening how do you know what they are like ?? Because they really are very different from week to week. Perhaps tell us tracks you did like in this latest one and we would know what to recommend. Also Hoff and I like different things from Hernan but his music covers both of us well . Actually that track Hoff put up here is not one of my favourites and that is a an Australian producer.

For the record, I totally DON'T agree with jmrecillas, these forums are to discuss music anyway we like. You definitely don't have to be a Dj to know what you like in music. You certainly don't have to shut up .

I'm glad you are still a fan, because without a doubt he will play stuff you love again , I just want you to be there when he does .!!
                            Last edited by DIDI; June 3, 2012, 03:09:27 AM.

Comment

• stephen028
                              Addiction started
                              • Nov 2007

To each their own, Greg. Of course you have a right to your opinion. Just like my I have a right to say that Hernan is my favorite DJ. Him and Diggers have just been rippin' it lately, imho. However, when you post a dissenting opinion on Hernan's forum @ MS (knowing full well the support he gets here), don't be suprised when others don't agree. Especially on show 55! Just out of curiosity, who do you like right now?

Comment

• DIDI
                                Aussie Pest
                                • Nov 2004

^^^ Don't think he is worried about the disagreeing so much as the type of disagreement

Comment

Working...