John Digweed - Bunker Session #27 (07-11-20)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lord lucan
    Gold Gabber
    • Jan 2006

Re: John Digweed - Bunker Session #27 (07-11-20)

Originally posted by ddr
    Simon did say he is OK with posting 320 mp3 links but only have them up for a limited time and not available forever. i have soulseek installed as well, so yes another option. i think at the very least, there will still be 128 mp3's out there.
    Yeh this it what i read so if thats the case why have the 320 links been removed?

Please reinstate.

Comment

• lord lucan
      Gold Gabber
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by ENNISELLIS
      Okay, I'm getting bombarded by people asking me to put up FLAC links for, well, pretty much every Bunker set. Sorry I haven't replied to everyone individually. Also sorry, but I have no interest in doing this. I prefer torrenting on private sites to keeping an eye on links that go dead every 5 minutes and advertising the fact of what I am doing to all and sundry. Unfortunately the DMCA threat has scared off the torrent sites too, so that's no longer an option either.

I haven't used Soulseek much for many years, but I do have that installed (I think), so I am considering moving them all over to there and sharing them that way for those that want them. Let me know if there would be any interest in me doing that and I will get something organised.

Feck knows what happens with future Bunkers, as I've no idea how Mood was capturing the Mixcloud streams. Otherwise I'd give that a go myself too. Think we just have to treat them like a club set. Enjoy the experience but accept no one recorded it, and if the DJ did, they are firmly under lock and key until they get used for a radio show or summat.
      If they are leaving no option then all good. I still think 320 links are the way forward personally for all to share.

Comment

• lord lucan
        Gold Gabber
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by chuckc
        Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't MS started specifically to host Digweed's Kiss 100 mixes.

I started on MS back in the pretty early days (before the big 2004 MS crash) and you actually had to have a password to DL the kiss mixes.

Correct. Proton radio?

Comment

• lord lucan
          Gold Gabber
          • Jan 2006

I'm going to personally message Mute records and Dave Gahan to make sure they got their 3 pence from mixcoud too.

Who's auditing these fuckers to check? Is there a clear and transparent pathway to monitor and record who gets what? Id love to see the inconsistencies for myself.

Comment

• Knightsfan87
            Gold Gabber
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by ENNISELLIS
            Okay, I'm getting bombarded by people asking me to put up FLAC links for, well, pretty much every Bunker set. Sorry I haven't replied to everyone individually. Also sorry, but I have no interest in doing this. I prefer torrenting on private sites to keeping an eye on links that go dead every 5 minutes and advertising the fact of what I am doing to all and sundry. Unfortunately the DMCA threat has scared off the torrent sites too, so that's no longer an option either.

I haven't used Soulseek much for many years, but I do have that installed (I think), so I am considering moving them all over to there and sharing them that way for those that want them. Let me know if there would be any interest in me doing that and I will get something organised.

Feck knows what happens with future Bunkers, as I've no idea how Mood was capturing the Mixcloud streams. Otherwise I'd give that a go myself too. Think we just have to treat them like a club set. Enjoy the experience but accept no one recorded it, and if the DJ did, they are firmly under lock and key until they get used for a radio show or summat.
            Soulseek would be a great option if you are willing.. please & thank you.

While I get the preference of using private torrent sites (guessing you mean private trackers?).. it's not accessible for all, or at least, not easily accessible. At least somrthing like Soulseek, even a dumbass like myself managed to setup.

Comment

• ENNISELLIS
              Addiction started
              • May 2008

Originally posted by Knightsfan87
              While I get the preference of using private torrent sites (guessing you mean private trackers?).. it's not accessible for all, or at least, not easily accessible. At least somrthing like Soulseek, even a dumbass like myself managed to setup.
              Yeah, just trying to differentiate between more off the books sites like TMB and even Tribal that I'm happy to use, and your bog standard Pirate Bay or whatever. I tend to avoid those unless I'm REALLY drawing a blank on a documentary, out of print CD, or something. If I can find what I'm after I seed back 100% then cut and run. Don't want to stay any longer than necessary. And even then I've never uploaded anything to any of them. Far too dodgy.

Comment

• lord lucan
                Gold Gabber
                • Jan 2006

Think we should properly exhaust the 320 option on here personally. Then its all above board and no one is getting their knickers in a twist. If they don't like that, then, well, fuck 'em.

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

Biting my tongue so hard here .

Btw pretty sure Phil K would not feel a monetised set with crap sound was a tribute.

Balance records have a podcast available which I get through iTunes subscription https://soundcloud.com/balance-serie...bute-to-phil-k
                  Originally posted by TheVrk
                  it IS incredible isn't it??
                  STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                  Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                  The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Knightsfan87
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Apr 2010

I've tried staying clear of the whole privacy part of this, but I'm 100% in agreeance with lord lucan - Mixcloud are so full of shit with paying out royalties. It's such a bullshit stance to now make. What's more so disappointing is artists using the current "pandemic" & the royalties bullshit line to get people's subscription money.

Let's not leave Mixcloud out of this - That piece of shit service wants people to pay for a "Premium" subscription, in additional to subscribing to select artists, all in the meanwhile dishing up pathetic sound quality regardless of the device you're using & a junk web page/phone app.

What's worse, is people actually think Mixcloud's sound quality is "fine", or "have never had an issue with sound quality". That's where the majority of people are at. To top it all off, artists think there sound quality is fine, Anthony Pappa to name a few.

Hopefully someone continues posting the 320 version on here, but a FLAC version elsewhere (soulseek or TMB) would be even better.

Comment

• Knightsfan87
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by DIDI
                      Biting my tongue so hard here .

Btw pretty sure Phil K would not feel a monetised set with crap sound was a tribute.

Balance records have a podcast available which I get through iTunes subscription https://soundcloud.com/balance-serie...bute-to-phil-k
                      Spot on with the Phil K mention.

Comment

• lord lucan
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jan 2006

I've tried staying clear of the whole privacy part of this, but I'm 100% in agreeance with lord lucan - Mixcloud are so full of shit with paying out royalties. It's such a bullshit stance to now make. What's more so disappointing is artists using the current "pandemic" & the royalties bullshit line to get people's subscription money.

Let's not leave Mixcloud out of this - That piece of shit service wants people to pay for a "Premium" subscription, in additional to subscribing to select artists, all in the meanwhile dishing up pathetic sound quality regardless of the device you're using & a junk web page/phone app.

What's worse, is people actually think Mixcloud's sound quality is "fine", or "have never had an issue with sound quality". That's where the majority of people are at. To top it all off, artists think there sound quality is fine, Anthony Pappa to name a few.

Hopefully someone continues posting the 320 version on here, but a FLAC version elsewhere (soulseek or TMB) would be even better.
                        Yep ,all bang on that is. Mixcloud should be made to prove their royalty payments too. You know so everyone can be certain their hard earned is going to the rightful owners of the music.

It'll all come out in the wash this will eventually, you cant make a promise/statement like that without proving it. All the id - id and unreleased mixes, who gets that money? Oh yeh Mixcloud keep that. Fucking charlatans providing a wank service.

Lets face it if Facebook hadnt kept fucking diggers mixes over you'd have never even been here.
                        This was an opportunist moment for fuckers to make money out of an already shitty situation.

Have to laugh at this too . Charging for a tracklist.

'Upfront tracklists are available with a Select subscription'

Oh really? Wonder where they are leeched from?

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Nov 2013

Mixcloud only have to make reasonable effort to track and pay the artists. It's probably a lot harder if the the DJ has not supplied the tracklist (which may don't) if they did artists have a better chance of getting something. I'm sure MixCloud also get money when a user purchases a track on their click to buy option and even the click to buy option takes you to the wrong track sometimes.

Comment

• Ace
                            Getting Somewhere
                            • Aug 2008

If your music is truly the best you want to maximize the exposure to prove to people that it actually is - restrictions make no sense. I'd like to see the files shared at the best possible quality. Bless.

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

Don't have to bite my tongue anymore I think you covered it all. Thank you !!

Unfortunately the artist is the last one on the money list these days.
                              Originally posted by TheVrk
                              it IS incredible isn't it??
                              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                                Are you Kidding me??
                                • Nov 2013

It is funny. Years ago artists would be stoked just to have their track played by DJ's like Sasha, Digweed, Oakenfold. I met a a guy in a pub in London a few years ago. He had a track on Sasha's Ibiza cd and another on Tenaglia's London one. I don't know if he got paid much for it, but you could tell he was more proud of the fact that his tracks were on them CD's, I think that he would have let them use the tracks for free.

Comment

Working...