• Jun 2004

Transitions
    Transitions 342 John Digweed with a Stephan Bodzin & Marc Romboy guest mix

John Digweed:

1. Guy J - Easy as Can Be (Tom Middleton Liquidtech Remix) [Bedrock]
    2. Nick Warren - Buenos Aires (Mike Griegos Deep Mix) [Hope]
    3. Jeremy Olander - Chronic [Pryda Friends]
    4. Ian O'Donovan - Aurora Borealis (Henry Saiz 70's Mix) [Bedrock]
    5. Stephan Bodzin & Marc Romboy - Miranda (Oliver Huntemann Remix) [Systematic]
    6. Emmanuel Top - Addiction [Planet Rouge]
    7. Namito - Marathon (Petar Dundov Remix) [Kling Klong]
    8. Corrugated Tunnel - Transisti (Chymera Remix) [Process]

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Stephan Bodzin & Marc Romboy

No TL so far.

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.
    Forward thinking house music
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Re: Transitions 342 John Digweed with a Stephan Bodzin & Marc Romboy guest mix

Transitions 341

Hour 1: John Digweed

01. Guy J - Easy As Can Be (Tom Middleton Liquatech Remix) [Bedrock Records | Bed95R]
    02. Nick Warren - Buenos Aires (Mike Griegos Deep Mix) [Hope Recordings | Hope100]
    03. Jeremy Olander - Chronic [Pryda Friends | PRYF007]
    04. Ian O'Donovan - Aurora Borealis (Henry Saiz 70's Remix) [Bedrock Records | Bed90R]
    05. Marc Romboy vs. Stephan Bodzin - Miranda (Oliver Huntemann Remix) [Systematic Recordings | SYST00132]
    06. Emmanuel Top - Addiction [Planete Rouge Records | PLR1101]
    07. Namito - Marathon (Petar Dundov Mix) [Kling Klong | KLING 045]
    08. Corrugated Tunnel - Transist (Chymera Remix) [Process Recordings | PRCS143T]

Hour 2: Stephan Bodzin vs. Marc Romboy

01. Stephan Bodzin vs. Marc Romboy – Luna (Oxia & Nicolas Masseyeff Remix) (Drei Monde EP) [Systematic | SYST0074-6]

02. Shlomi Aber – The Majestic [Objektivity | OBJ 017]

03. Lemos – Sher Base (Beat Of This - Beat Of That EP) [Bass Culture Records | BCR011-6]

04. Alan Fitzpatrick – Gridlock (Gary Beck Locked Up Drums) (Shadows In The Dark Remixes EP) [Drumcode | DC76.5]

05. Marc Romboy – The Overture (Egbert Remix) [Tronic | TR64]

06. Marc Romboy vs. Stephan Bodzin – Phobos (Pan-Pot Remix) [Systematic | SYST076-6]

07. Samuel L. Session – The Drum Track (Olive EP) [Material Series | material027]

08. EQD – A [Equalized | EQD 004]

09. Stephan Bodzin vs. Marc Romboy – Pandora (Brendon Moeller Remix) [Systematic | SYST0013-2]

10. Dapayk Solo – Futu [Herzblut Recordings | HERZBLUT 019]

11. Steve Rachmad Pres. Ignacio – Virton Upgraded (Ben Klock Remix A) [Music Man Records | mm152]

12. Robert Babicz – Dark Flower (Fever Remix) [Systematic | SYST0065-6]

Music & Producers

As the combined Bedrock Easter Party/Guy J 1000 Words Launch Party at Arcadia draws nearer listeners are teased with an advanced EP featuring exclusive new track, "Azimuth" and two outstanding remixes from Egbert [Cocoon] and Tom Middleton.

Middleton's adds his little sprinkling of magic to one of the biggest Bedrock club tracks of last year in Guy J's sublime 'Easy As Can Be' which spread that feelgood factor everywhere from Beirut to Bedrock 12 to Cavo Paradiso in 2010.

There's a theory that you can't improve on perfection yet Tom's silky touch takes things to another level, keeping the lovely leisurely pace and vibe while giving the production even greater depth, with more robust beats and a focus on those little added sonic embellishments and flourishes that give an added dimension.

The final result leaves listeners transfixed in Easy As Can Be's warm enveloping groove - the musica equivelent of a comfort blanket keeping you all snuggled up tight, floating weightlessly in a sonic dreamcloud as you are now led seamlessly to 'Buenos Aires' as the pace picks up with some deep layered house.

Buenos Aires is a city Nick Warren shares a great love and affinity with, after many years of support - named after the Argentinian capital, Nick's latest track encapsulates the feeling of this special place and is definately something that you could envisage the likes of Hernán playing out - Nick is also compiling a video to go with the track and inviting fans to send clips via nwbuenosaires@gmail.com

http://www.hoperecordings.com/2011/0...r-nick-warren/

Next up is young Swede Jeremy Olander, championed by Prydz as the next big thing, with his debut EP for Pryda Friends. The results range from heavy melodic progressive to darker beat oriented techno.

There's more from Bedrock as John ramps up the release schedule with the analogue grittiness of Madrid maestro Henry Saiz's remix of clubland summer smash Aurora Borealis. This wonky and tripped out rub comes complete with a hip 70's breakdown, Sonic Youth style clanging guitars and some fine percussion as the track winds down before an intense finale.

After the break it's long-time friends, label impresarios and noted stalwarts of the German techno scene Stephan Bodzin and Marc Romboy. Here the duo call on Oliver Huntermann to remix the b-side of their maiden 2005 release. This forms part of a triple CD 'Luna' opus on Romboy's Systematic imprint which has impressive remixes of the duo’s tracks by such talents as Desolat’s Martin Buttrich, Kompakt’s Gui Boratto, Stimming and New York’s Abe Duque. To celebrate the release these two titans provide this weeks unmissable Transitions guest mix.

After close to a decade of silence and recent whispers of a return, French recluse Emmanuel Top releases his ‘Addiction’ EP. Originally from Lille, Top has worked with Richie Hawtin and Italian don Bruno 'Age Of Love' Sanchioni. Addiction clocks in at 14 minutes of rich dense textures & techno loops, rumbling low end, reverberating riffs and a tight groove with a nod to Tops earlier acid days that builds in an ever arching crescendo.

Next Diggers reveals one of his current dancefloor bombs. Namito’s überrocker Marathon, remixed by Croatian Music Man artist Petar Dundov, has been absolutely massive of late and is currently riding high on Beatport.

John finishes with yet another gem as Chymera remixes ‘Transist’, the emotional closing track from Corrugated Tunnel’s critically acclaimed third album ‘Minor Obsessions’. Described by DJ Mag as 'Blurring the boundaries between house, techno, electro and breaks' Corrugated Tunnel (aka Edwin James) has built a strong reputation for producing beautifully crafted, melodic electronic music. Chymera swaps the eclectic for the electric, keeping a relaxed but melodic beat while still letting the hypnotic tones of the original take centre stage.
    Last edited by simonr; March 20, 2011, 08:55:28 PM.
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Homegrove
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

Thanks Si.
      Forward thinking house music

Comment

• simonr
        Transitionator
        • Jun 2004

Another great guest mix this week too
        sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

^ Damn right! Awesome mix, totally unexpected to be honest. I was expecting a snoozefest

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• unkle
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • Mar 2007

Nick Warren - Buenos Aires (Mike Griegos Deep Mix)

Comment

• vinnie97
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by feather
              ^ Damn right! Awesome mix, totally unexpected to be honest. I was expecting a snoozefest
              From Marc Romboy? No weigh!

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

I was expecting it from Bodzin ... I always thought his techno was on the flatter side to me ...

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Illuminate
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by unkle
                  Nick Warren - Buenos Aires (Mike Griegos Deep Mix)
                  Yessshh!!

Another smooth hour from Diggers. Loved it.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                  Sbando
                  - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                  Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                  Bob
                  "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                  the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                  KiwiTollway

Comment

Working...