I didn't call anyone a cunt, but if the cap fits, unless of course what I said was true.
Why American's and Brits have different accents....
Collapse
X
-
Re: Why American's and Brits have different accents....
I. dont; eve....n
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: Why American's and Brits have different accents....
I remember watching fresh prince of bel air in the 90's and in one show a distant relative from England visited and called wil Smith's square bear cousin a wanker....it wasn't even beeped out...
That's more of a vocabulary issue though.Comment
-
Re: Why American's and Brits have different accents....
And you'd be wrong. There is no need for an apostrophe within Brits here, neither is one needed in American's ?? It doesn't make any sense. Interesting that you followed the lead of the author, but then say "I took that authors lead on that one" and miss out the apostrophe where one is required.^Not "Brits" was because the title of the article didn't add an apostrophe to "Brits" so I took that authors lead on that one... it's not a word I have used very much. In the future I shall think of you Audrey and always add a " ' " if and when I ever type the word "Brit's" again.
"The Obama's grew up in America" doesn't make sense either.
A touch of sarcasm? I hope not, I hope i've been some help.
In this instance, no need. Maybe one day, once you get the hang of the Queen's English (for example)
Hope you don't think i'm being pedantic or anything, but in a discussion about the divergence and bastardisation of language, I think there is a relevance.Comment
-
Re: Why American's and Brits have different accents....
^You remind me of my mentor from my days in Commercial Real Estate Investing, he was completely American, but very very, very proud of his German heritage. He too likes to point out punctuation errors online sometimes. I guess everyone needs a hobby.
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
-
Re: Why American's and Brits have different accents....
Haha that's very funny, and I'm sure it's true.
You remind me of a guy I once knew who was mute but managed to get a job with Royal Mail. He'd spend every waking hour posting other people's shit but never managed to say anything.
Comment
-
Re: Why American's and Brits have different accents....
I'm sure Postman Pat didn't spend his day rating Birthday Threads a 5 and bumping TFI threads! Everyone has to have a hobby I suppose.Comment
-
-
Re: Why American's and Brits have different accents....
audrey_w this is gonna kill you cos I had a really bad reaction to it:

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: Why American's and Brits have different accents....
awwwww, mimickery is the highest form of flattery. thanks doll.
It was fun while it lasted...
Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,524
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment