i was at this party & it was a sad sad sad night when it finished..we all looked at eachother on the dance floor at the end & started hugging random people saying goodbye...it was the one place new york could call home after twilo closed...now it's all gone & the venue closures continue
Danny Howells at Arc in New York, on March 27th, 2004
Collapse
X
-
Re: Danny Howells at Arc in New York, on March 27th, 2004
i was at this party & it was a sad sad sad night when it finished..we all looked at eachother on the dance floor at the end & started hugging random people saying goodbye...it was the one place new york could call home after twilo closed...now it's all gone & the venue closures continue
-
Re: Danny Howells at Arc in New York, on March 27th, 2004
the charlotte set!!
FUCKING A!!
will see i f i cant sort u out this evening!
Comment
-
Re: Danny Howells at Arc in New York, on March 27th, 2004
part 1:
Talismantra - Warmth Reheated
Static - Cruising
Telefon Tel Aviv - Sound In A Dark Room
Telefon Tel Aviv - I Lied
1 Giant Leap - The Way You Dream (Cinematic Orchestra mix / DH re-edit)
Fred Everything & Magik Johnson - Whats Up Bro
Pete Moss - Strive to live
Salma Hayek - Quedate Aqui (remix)
Martina Topley-Bird - Soulfood (Charles Webster Mix)
Gavin Forme - Sunsets
ID
Asad Rizi - Slippery Heights
Ananda Project - Cascades of colour
First Choice - Double Crossed (DH Edit)
ID
DJ Ali feat Tim Fuller - Show Me Right (Dub)
ID
ID
ID
Rare Influence Feat. Cheyne Coates - Take Me With You (Asad Rizvi's Dub)
Del 5 - The Booty People
Nick Holder - Summer Daze
DJ Gregory - Elle
Penn & Chus - Esperanza (Blaze Rework)
Audio Bulleys - Do It For Love (Asley Beedle Dub)
ID
part2:
Sucker DJ's - It's gotta be (Chus & Ceballos mix)
Tone 7 - Magic Potion with Hool vs
Brucheimer - In the Beginning (accapella)
Simon & Shaker - La Fiebre
Mendo & Chab - Afrofunfunk (Imago Mix)
Bjorn Mandry - Try Again
Lee Coombs - Lick the Frog
Royksopp - Poor Leno (Silicone Soul Remix)
Chiapet - Westworld (Skylark Remix)
John Creamer - Lift Up The Needle (Ellis D Mix)
ID
Ceramix - Can You Dance
Prawler - Frisco
Andrea T Mendoza - Nothing Without Me
Rue - Disco Shit
ID
Sisters Of Mercy - Alice (Unknown Remix)
Neruda - West Ghost
Le Dust Sucker - Mandate My As (Askesian Society Remix)
Puntes Y Tacones - Like This (Unknown Remix)
Dino Lenny - I Feel Stereo
Maskio - Acid Theory (Paranoid Jack Remix)
ID
ID
ID
Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso - Yo Yo Kidz
Spektrum - Kinda New (Tiefschwarz Vocal)
ID
ID
ID
part3:
ID
Tomaz vs Filterheadz - Sunshine (Scrumfrog Remix)
ID
ID
ID
Reset - Runaway (Unknown Remix) or Dirty Bass - Tears In Rain
ID
DK - Murder Was The Bass
Alan Braxe - Fred Falke - Runnin (Remix)
ID
ID
Asthrax - Helsinki (Sander Kleinenberg Remix)
Bushwacka! - Healer (House Mix)
ID
D'Malicious - Alive
ID
ID
Octave One - Blackwater (Danny Howells Edit)
J Axel - Love Letters
ID
Luke Chable - After the storm
Bedrock - Heaven Scent (Evolution Mix)
ID
Scanty88 - Rathbone
Luke Chable - Melburn
Lostep - Burma (Sasha Remix)
ID
London Electricity-The Great Drum and Bass Swindle
part4:
Harry Peat - Affrodiziac
Krystal K - Let's Get It Right (Danny Howells Edit)
Deep Dish - Flashdance
Depeche Mode vs Kaito - Only When I Release My Body (Danny Howells Edit)
Matrix & Danny J - Vertigo (Goldtrix Mix)
Danny Howells present Jamloops Volume 2 - Sex Machine
Angie Stone - Wish I Didn't Miss You (Pound Boys Mix)
Bjork - I Miss You (??? Mix)
Alison Limerick - Where Love Lives
Future Sound Of London - Papua New Guinea
Donna Summer - Last Dance
Donna Summer - I Feel Love (Danny Howells Mix)
Bent - Always (Ashley Beedle Remix) vs
Lisa Stansfield - Hold On (acappella)
Danny Howells - Dusk Till Dawn
Inner City - Till We Meet Again
Bob Marley - Could You Be Loved? (Danny Howells Edit)Comment
-
Re: Danny Howells at Arc in New York, on March 27th, 2004
i was at this party & it was a sad sad sad night when it finished..we all looked at eachother on the dance floor at the end & started hugging random people saying goodbye...it was the one place new york could call home after twilo closed...now it's all gone & the venue closures continue

Yeah, I remember a lot us (ex)Twilo-heads found a new home at Arc...but even that came to a quick end.
I remember the many roadtrips I used to make back in the day from DC to NYC!
Nowadays I don't even know what the good places in NYC are. Pacha? I've been there on big nights and its aiight (every time I'm there I have flashbacks of Kractory hehe), but I've heard the crowd on a normal night is very hit or miss.Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: Danny Howells at Arc in New York, on March 27th, 2004
I believe this is the Charlotte set you guys are talking about.
Comment
-
Re: Danny Howells at Arc in New York, on March 27th, 2004
i almost shit in my pants jijijijiji many thanxe mate really really niceeee postIT MEANS A LOT

Comment
-
Re: Danny Howells at Arc in New York, on March 27th, 2004
You guys just made the world a better place from sharing these links...
Danny is the f_cking man.Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: Danny Howells at Arc in New York, on March 27th, 2004
it would be hard to say that this beats the Charlotte Sunset club set.
but i'll give this a listen. I used to have this until the computer crashd. and I remember all the cats on GU/Skansuary biggin' it up.you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky
it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles
Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....
----PEACE-----Comment
-
Re: Danny Howells at Arc in New York, on March 27th, 2004
First off, thanks to the poster. This is some serious stuff. Should get me through the work day quite nicely.
Secondly, could we start a Danny Howells Megathread/Archive thread? From reading this thread, it seems like there are a bunch of essential sets from Howells. Anyone up to the challenge?Comment
-
Re: Danny Howells at Arc in New York, on March 27th, 2004
That is a reasonably good idea. I mean if we gonna have a Hernan forum, we should definently have a Danny Howells one. Hybridized already took care of all the Nick Warren setsIts just a feeling....gonna take you higher....Comment
-
Re: Danny Howells at Arc in New York, on March 27th, 2004
sounds like a great idea to me.
i know i have a few older sets on CD's somewhere that i could contribute."pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" JamesComment
-
Re: Danny Howells at Arc in New York, on March 27th, 2004
This Howells mix is one of the best live sets ever. It shows NY club scene at its best, which brings the best out of the DJ's set 3 and 4 are a true classic series. I heard Deysn finish off his NYC boat party to Cermamix-Can you dance. How many times can we here a classic like Simon and Shaker-La Fiebre and see smiles and respect when played at the right place right time. Some tunes are just classic. To me the fav. is Bushwacher-Hearler on this set...Arc was an amazing venue and the sets started pushing the marathon theme on 02-03, which made the club a classic! Not to mention Danny T. threw down weekly.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,205
Posts: 1,238,510
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment