Haha yeah that sounds like the one. I'd love to go back and read that article now if I could find it :/
John Creamer?
Collapse
X
-
Re: John Creamer?
Haha yeah that sounds like the one. I'd love to go back and read that article now if I could find it :/"If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004
-
Re: John Creamer?
I do, I was actually the one who posted itI remember I used to love 'I love you' and 'I wish you were here' when they first came out.
I especially loved the Lexicon Avenue remix of it from memory. I think I gave up on them in the end though as all their songs sounded like this.
I've been trying to find it all day, but I remember reading an interview years and years ago which I'm sure was posted up here too. It showed the duo to be massively arrogant and they totally dissed out on everyone else in the scene and talked themselves up. I wish I could find it, I remember consciously deciding not to bother with them anymore at that point.
Does anyone remember the interview I'm talking about?
, because it was an interview for a portuguese magazine.
It was only Creamer, and basically he said that they were the ones that "invented" progressive, and guys like like Sasha and Digweed were trance DJ?s just jumping on their bandwagon.
Unfortunately, I don?t have the mag anymore.Comment
-
Re: John Creamer?
Hahaha yeah that was it exactly! It was even more ludicrous than what I remembered it to be.
I'm gonna have another go at trying to find it on this board..."If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004
Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: John Creamer?
Fuck Sonnet still kills in clubs. I used to play it in almost every set I did. I could almost put money on it that by the time that track was done there would be 10 more people in the room. I have the vinyl of that sitting on my wall as inspiration.
That video is fecking hilarious!!!Comment
-
Re: John Creamer?
yeah, i share the feeling that they kinda went downhill. they lost their imagination after thier bedrock disc. that doors remix they did wasnt anything good after 2 minutes when i realized it wasnt going to go anywhere. and its a damn shame, as their older material was mind blowing. i love you was a monster, and their remix of phoneix flame was actually really well produced. but now its all dark tribal drums for 10 minutes that dont develope after the original 2 minutes. its like listening to a sasha set.your life is an occasion, rise to it.
Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
download that. deep shit listed there
my dick is its own superhero.Comment
-
Re: John Creamer?
"If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004
Comment
-
Re: John Creamer?
That said, not many producers can keep up with the times and changes in the prog scene, especially in the past 2-3 years. I can only think of a handful of producers or groups who have such a distinctive sound that their productions continue to survive the fads and cliches.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: John Creamer?
Yeah, but he's not even keeping up with himself...if he released a tune that could compare to his old classics even if it was the same sound I wouldbe happy...instead he releases this rubish...even by reading the title of the song you know that they are shit...I think I'll just stop bothering with him...a true shame if you ask me. That's why I started this thread...a true shame...The Idiots ARE Winning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
SOBRIETY MIXComment
-
Re: John Creamer?
He's no longer producing with K right?
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: John Creamer?
Times Change
He didntOriginally posted by ShpiraSo came back last night...
Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....
All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
Originally posted by IlluminateLet me get this straight.
So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:
1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...
Am I close here?Comment
-
Re: John Creamer?
he did but he got worse thats my point...The Idiots ARE Winning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
SOBRIETY MIXComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment