If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Am probably past my serious clubbing days (approaching 33!) and no longer listen to peak time live sets at home. Would be really interested if anyone could hook me up with any afterparty / warm up / boat party type mixes by well known DJ's. Looking for the kind of stuff where they don't necessarily bang it out as when normally live if you get my drift?
Any recommendations much appreciated. Thanks for your time,
I'm in the same boat as you (almost 36), but what I did was get away from the main stream DJ's and started looking to the deep house or similar sets by members of the board. This board has an amazing group of talented DJ's that play this style or a similar style, try checking out:
BureOne
aTaK
LJMunz
Ribbario
Coded (Chill Sets)
CSoltis (http://podcast.csoltis.com/)
Organic Grooves and Organic Sessions mixes
I can't forget Homegrove, a little darker material (to me) but this guy can bring it!
I know your looking for well known DJ's but if you ask me these guys are just as good and deserve a mention. You'll find links to their stuff by doing a search.
I can vouch for Coded's mixes. Every one hits the mark. Some are more melancholic than others - just depends on your mood. Believe me, they're excellent
I'll be following this thread closely - I'm in the same boat myself - 34. I've gravitated towards the softer end of things, but of late the sets of Jody Wisternoff are excellent
Thanks for taking the time to post & upload these sets, much appreciated.
Agreed with Dredd about some of the Board Member Mixes, haven't got through them all but Caley Martin's 'Pre Flight Jitters' and a couple of BureOne's generally hit the spot.
Will get on the DL and check out some more.
A recent recommendation from me would be Trickski's RA Podcast - I will U/L it tomorrow.
Will have a think about some more as I really didn't expect such a geat response
01. Furry Phreaks feat Terra Deva - Soothe part one (Chicane Remix) - FSUK
02. Rhythm Plate - Don't Care About You - Mantis
03. Turbulent - Coming Back - Pagan
04. Andy Caldwell feat Omega - I Can't Wait - Om
05. Timewriter - Power To The People - Plastic City
06. Vinyl Assassins - I Dream - Va)r
07. Masonic Noodles Freedom - Everytime - Electrogusto
08. Baris Bicakci - Mo Shake - Brique Rouge
09. C&M Productions feat Marcel - True House (Lexicon Avenue) - Forensic
10. Anders Trentmoller- In Progress - Naked
11. Gideon Jackson & Iteration X - Loveyoulongtime - Evasive
12. Eddie Richards - YrWhat? - Storm
13. Marcello Castellini - Aborigine - Kismet
14. Ross Couch - La Musica - Red Melon
Eelke Kleijn – Defining The Pattern – Global Underground
Mike Monday – When The Rain Falls – Playtime Records
Airstream – Electra - CDR
m-seven – Contained – Oh! Records
m-seven – Universal Earth – Oh! Records
Lux – Northern Lights - CDR
Saucy – Through The Sky – Bellarine Recordings
The Eff Word – TBC (Crustation Slow Mix) – Cup Of Tea Records
Shamanic Technology – Strange Glass Feeling – Herb Recordings
Chris Zippel – Around, Arrived – Elektrolux
Cantoma – The Call – Quango
Vinny Troia – Flow (Neil Kolo Dub) – Curvve Recordings
Simon Le Grec – La Mer – House Foundation
Synthetic Substance – Synthetic – Glory Box Records
Static Revenger – Happy People (Chill Mix) – D-Dub
Ohm G & Bruno – One - Pschent
Electric Skychurch – Heaven – Cyberset LLC
Dousk – Anagram – Klik Records
Joash – Salome – Compost
Go Home Productions – Radiohead vs Marvin Gaye - Sexual High - CDR
Last edited by ribbario; March 23, 2008, 06:30:19 PM.
Reason: Peace !!!
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment